• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

Winnie the pooh's sock drawer mission

Does anyone have any experiences of childhood toys coming to life? When I was about five I witnessed my Winnie the Pooh toy walk over to my sock drawer and go rummaging through it, although god alone knows what he was after? Socks I suppose... Anyway, that was 34 years ago and to this day I...
  2. M

Are zombies supernatural?

Zombies, bloody everywhere these days aren't they? Back when I was growing up (I'm 38 now) zombies were relegated to scratchy VHS copies or late night movies on one of the four channels we were restricted to back then. But I was always fascinated by them, because almost every film I watched...
  3. M

Mysterious Universe

Are there any other fellow Mysterious Universe podcast listeners out there? I discovered these guys about a year ago, having trawled for many months through a slew of paranormal-themed podcast and being mostly disappointed with what I found. MU is head and shoulders (and torso and legs...
  4. M

The Shout

Hi guys. There's a really bizarre/fascinating/disturbing film from the late '70s called "The Shout" starring John Hurt and Alan Bates (and a very youthful Tim Curry) which I highly recommend. You can see the full uninterrupted version on Youtube (just search for "The Shout 1978"). Has anyone...
  5. M

The Walking Dead

Couldn't find a thread about last night's debut of the excellent Walking Dead series on FX - did anyone else see it? I stumbled across the trailer for this series on Youtube a few months ago and was so intrigued I went and bought the source comic book it's adapted from. The series is directed by...
  6. M

Blood out of nowhere?

Hi, this happened at the weekend and although it's only a small incident it's left me scratching my head for any explanation. I was just leaving the house on Saturday morning and I shooed my two-year-old daughter out of the front door into the driveway and told her to stand by the car and...
  7. M

"Ghost Village" (Imber) Bells Ring After 70 Years

I'm sure FT covered the "ghost village" phenomena a year or three ago, just seen this on the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/wiltshire/h ... 976166.stm
  8. M

Something strange in my foot

One day around Christmas when I was aged about nine or ten, my parents left me alone in the house playing with my new toys while they visited neighbours. After a little while I remember I developed a dull, painful ache in the heel of my right foot, which got worse and worse. I kept checking...
  9. M

Talking To Someone Who's Not Really There

Not sure if this will be allowed as it happened to a colleague of mine, not me. However the person in question is a very hard-nosed, no-nonsense businesswoman (let's call her Sarah) and I can't for the life of me think why she would make this up. Also, the creepiest thing about this story is...
  10. M

Winnie The Poohssessed

First post here so be gentle… When I was very young, probably about four or five, we lived in a lovely old detached cottage in East Devon where all manner of very odd things happened, but this one incident seemed madder than the rest. I had a Pooh Bear at the time, and took it absolutely...
Back