• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

The Mayday Mystery

Just checked out the MaydayMystery site for the first time in months as whenever I had looked recently it was just saying he (Bryan) didn't have time to do any updates or whatever, and there's finally a bunch of new updates in the 'recent developments' section. I've been following it for many...
  2. S

Fortean Board Games? (Actual Fortean-Related Game Products)

ooh. Treasure of the Pharaohs. I used to have that I think. http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1015 ... e-pharaohs Yes, that's the one. I'd forgotten all about it! Steve.
  3. S

Absurd ghosts

Would these count as poultrygeists? Steve.
  4. S

Garden Gnomes

If they do an animatronic one, I'm sold...
  5. S

Did Jesus Visit Britain?

Time Team did a dig at this site last year: http://www.channel4.com/history/microsi ... index.html
  6. S

The Mayday Mystery

More than likely, but considering the costs that have been wracked up over a couple of decades, they'd have to be pretty rich and patient intellectuals.. Steve.
  7. S

The Mayday Mystery

I'm back... not that I've actually been anywhere - I just gave up coming here after the hassle of the changing usernames... Still tearing my hair out over on the mayday page with no luck. I feel like I'm skittering on the edge of something that I just can't quite grasp. Maybe because...
  8. S

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

Is it possible to become a four letter word again? (No, not that four letter word) If possible, can I lose my trailing zero? If not I'll have to have a rethink and come up with something else I suppose. Steve.
  9. S

Shortwave Number Stations

I recently bought a radio scanner - one of those impulsive purchases off ebay - and had tried finding some of these number stations - it was randomly discovering a web page or two about them that got me looking on ebay for scanners in the first place... I've not yet stumbled across one...
  10. S

Spaceship Capricorn Daily Messages

You mean, like some sort of ark full of telephone hygienists and the like? :D Steve.
  11. S

Blue Atmospherics (Anti-Crepuscular Rays)

Thanks for those links - they linked to another site that had a picture of sky polarization that looks another possible contender... the picture given on that page was through a polarizing filter that exaggerated the effect. The anticrepuscular ray looked possible too, but I don't think it...
  12. S

Blue Atmospherics (Anti-Crepuscular Rays)

The night before last I popped out to the shops and saw a weird atmospheric condition that I'd never seen before: a deep blue stripe running from the horizon up into the sky. It was probably about 9pm so still light but just starting to turn to dusk, weather was excellent, hot, mostly clear...
  13. S

Emergency contact

I've been sent the following by email. On the face of it, it could be a good idea. However, I don't know whether it is genuine or a chain letter. It fits the methodology of the latter: asking you to forward it to everyone in your addressbook and so on. I don't think it really comes from the...
  14. S

'The Historian' by Elizabeth Kostova

Just noticed, there's a signed and dated 1st edition on ebay if that sort of thing takes anyone's fancy. Steve.
  15. S

'The Historian' by Elizabeth Kostova

Just ordering it now... I'll make you feel guilty if I don't like it :D Steve.
  16. S

Mystery 'Lost' Items

Bah. I've lost/misplaced/had gnomes walk off with a fairly critical handbook to do with a road rally I'm taking part in. It's not small, and I know I had it right here at the computer at about 11pm last night because I was looking something up in it and that's when I sent an email about it...
  17. S

Garden Gnomes

Gnomes return to haunt villagers http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/4634145.stm
  18. S

Brian's Predictions (Website)

Other people have noticed that he changes them, although they seem to be mobbed by believers who I suspect would probably be more inclined to believe that Google secretly and maliciously altered their cached version :-) However, on the matter of why, someone on that thread did suggest that...
  19. S

Fake or not, there's still some gems: Two star quotes from the same day: Some good luck happening to someone, somewhere in the world, with a T in their name. What are the chances? Others though are a bit behind the times - in March he predicted flexible computer monitors, something I...
  20. S

One thing that does make me wonder though is how putting people on his no-spam mailing list gets him money: Steve.
  21. S

Nicely spotted! quick comparison of the two - that's the only one that's been added. Then again, the cached copy was from the 28th so it'll only have that.. However, it also seems that his pictures are numbered sequentially. The helicopter is number 448 while the ones either side are 409...
  22. S

And: Quick, stop google from producing maps. Make terrorists buy paper ones instead. Steve.
  23. S

I do like: from 2nd June... So specific with it's details... Steve.
  24. S

The Mayday Mystery

I thought they'd specifically denied being Masons before. Or was it Templars? I can't find anything on the site about it but this page does refer to the Orphanage denying being directly related to freemasons, so it must be somewhere... I had been thinking wikis would be a good idea for the...
  25. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Yep, that's how I read it. The Tardis (or the heart of it anyway) left the 'Bad Wolf' bits scattered through time - but whether the words themselves have any significance is a mystery - then used Rose to talk to the Doctor. Also, it appeared that only Captain Jack was brought back to life...
  26. S

Exorcism Murders

Another UK version of the same story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4107524.stm excerpt: Steve.
  27. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Hm. I liked the first half of the episode, but everything from Rose returning onwards was just a bit ... weird. And not necessarily in a good way. I didn't dislike it either, it was just a bit of a cop-out in my opinion. It just didn't feel right, but I can't put my finger on why not...
  28. S

The Police Diary Scam

I used to get the occasional call from some dodgy supplier or other trying to flog overpriced toner cartridges. They'd normally start off thanking me for helping them with some survey or other that I had no recollection of, and say that they wanted to send me a diary or electronic organiser or...
  29. S

I'm here - but keep it quiet. 8)
  30. S

Carnivàle

Bah. Why do they keep doing that? We watched series one on DVD a few months ago and it was excellent. Waiting for series two now... What I like is that you really have no idea what's going on, who is on what side... keep changing opinions every episode. So much general weirdness that you...
  31. S

A Mystery Musician From The Sea?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's rather ironic that a man who cannot speak has been identified by a mime artist? They've not confirmed it yet, but hopefully he'll have a name - even if it doesn't cure whatever's happened to him. Steve.
  32. S

A Mystery Musician From The Sea?

Re: The "Piano Man" I was baffled by this quote from the BBC page: What do they mean by verified? Yes, that's music that is. I'd recognise it anywhere. The way it goes across the page like an army of disoriented ants. And those squiggles. Yep, that's music alright... And from another...
  33. S

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

I know just what you mean about Stephen King. They're good, they just all seem the same. Same locations, same people, same time.. I used to prefer James Herbert over Stephen King. Maybe because he's British, the settings, the language and style seemed that much closer to home. Some of his...
  34. S

The Mayday Mystery

...and first pile of feedback on the new one up already. A new message too. Bit odd. They've heard that Bryan wants a new monitor (or TV?) so they'll help out... Well, if they're reading this, I could do with a nice plasma screen too... But if that's something he has said to someone...
  35. S

The Mayday Mystery

Is there anyone else still here? As expected, more stuff. Lots of nuclear references, in particular to do with processing waste. Steve.
  36. S

What's Killing The Animals? The Mysteries Of Mass Deaths

Exploding toads http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/28/exploding_german_toads/
  37. S

Repo Man

btw, Alex Cox's latest production shows on TV on Thursday IIRC, in the shape of the Green Party election broadcast. Steve.
  38. S

Odd, considering the website is registered to a guy in Wales. 01239 area code. Anyone want to give him a call? :) I love the UFO photos in 'other', and the some of the descriptions in the 'introductory paper': Well, obviously.. Steve.
  39. S

Pope Benedict XVI

I was talking with someone who hadn't at that time seen who the new one was earlier. He said that apparently it was tradition after a pope who had a long stay in office to choose someone as an interim who was only expected to last a couple of years. Don't know if that's true... Steve.
  40. S

Pope Benedict XVI

Well, aren't the anti-aircraft guns and other wartime heavy weapons typically a sort of olive green colour? :) Steve.
  41. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

How many former assistants got killed off instead of just deciding to stay behind somewhere? Steve.
  42. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Ditto.. Mind you, there's still time but he's probably way past retirement age now. Steve.
  43. S

Ridiculous Accidents

http://toronto.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=to-parkinglot20050329
  44. S

Looney Tunes To Be "Reimagined"

Yes, what is that? Is it meant to be Taz? If so, it's a bit large isn't it? Steve.
  45. S

It looks like it's a bunnyette. But that's only based on it looking similar shape to the one that's already been identified as being Bugs, only pink with long hair. Beyond that, I can't answer. I'm a bit surprised by what I think is the Roadrunner though (far right). It's supposed to be...
  46. S

Oh, here's another link to a month-old page about it, but with pictures of the whole bunch. In fact, here's the picture. Steve.
  47. S

IMAX theaters Reject Science Shows under Religious Pressure

Another report on the same thing. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4365999.stm Funny because only yesterday a couple of us were talking about this, and about those schools in Pennsylvania(?) that insist evolution is taught as an unproven theory. We had one question on that - do...
  48. S

Batteries

I've always wondered what to do with them too. I'm not particularly environmentally minded, but I'm of late trying to be a bit more responsible and have been more aware of what I'm throwing away that could be dealt with in some other way - small electrical things for instance - I've got a...
  49. S

The Mayday Mystery

only an afternoon? :roll: :) Anyway, it is on the site, along with Bryan's comments on the article... I think it's been discussed before, but if it's just the lawyer working alone, just making stuff up, it's costing a lot and involving a lot of people - people to make phone calls, people...
Back