• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Tempest63

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

As a Londoner, born and bred a spit from the Elephant and Castle, who has used the tube extensively for work over many years, I have a weird affinity for it and absolutely love the ghostly tales that come from across the network. I hate travelling on it now as it is much more busy than when I...
  2. Tempest63

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I think I may have successfully caused a nose to run.
  3. Tempest63

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

You’ll have to start your own podcast and share the local stories and legends with us.
  4. Tempest63

I still consider myself a Fortean but my way of thinking has changed over 40 plus years and I look at it all differently. I am a hell of a lot more sceptical now than the “dyed in the wool” out and out believer that I was. And Fortean topics have greatly changed over the years. Cryptids and...
  5. Tempest63

Don’t say that. We only took down the scaffolding a few months back.
  6. Tempest63

Sleep: The How-To Thread

The sleep problems, coupled with the ongoing IBD that doesn’t improve, whatever they poison me with has led me to the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP). It is a Paleo diet but more stringent for the first thirty days. I am slowly easing into the diet, off booze, bread, dairy and nightshades, and will go...
  7. Tempest63

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Maybe you encountered a Phantom Boy Racer? If we can have Phantom Hitchhikers why not Phantom Boy Racers?
  8. Tempest63

Fortean Headlines

Petrol Bombs man defence solicitor must have found an alternative career after Most Haunted packed up.
  9. Tempest63

Greg Chapman's Touring Non-Psychic 'Psychic' Show

Nothing remotely close to the Essex County Town of Chelmsford
  10. Tempest63

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

I was thinking Gary Glitter…
  11. Tempest63

Depression

I am a committed carnivore and couldn’t survive without fowl, fish or meat. And though I have thought that a vegetarian diet would help my health problems, I am told to stick to a non residue diet. Low in veg and fibre. I don’t stick to the diet advised by the hospital but tread cautiously...
  12. Tempest63

Depression

The good thing with that type of paleo diet is it is an exclusion diet to the point where you become stable then start to gradually reintroduce foods to determine what does and doesn’t have an adverse impact on your condition. I know I am much healthier on the old Hay diet, I also know that...
  13. Tempest63

Depression

My wife similarly had a position with JLT in the City. I saw the effect the stress was having on her after a good and happy career of some 40 years and after having a brush with cancer I told her enough was enough and got her to retire. Two incomes was great as was the holidays and everything...
  14. Tempest63

Fortean Headlines

Life can be so hard.
  15. Tempest63

The Enfield Poltergeist

There was a boy at School who wasn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, he got caught having a J Arthur over the lingerie pages of his mums Kay’s catalogue. I wonder if he will come back as a poltergeist?
  16. Tempest63

Depression

Historically I have never slept. As a kid I used to lay awake as far back as I can remember. Even now I normally get a couple of hours then wake for an hour, sleep for a couple and wake some more. It is dreadful! Unfortunately it is me and my make up. Doesn’t matter if i’ve been on or off the...
  17. Tempest63

What's The Most Boring Fortean Subject?

Yet my dad used to do it every morning with cold water; I shudder just thinking about it.
  18. Tempest63

What's The Most Boring Fortean Subject?

I tried the old Wilkinson Sword safety razor years ago and ended up with a face that looked like a Pizza topping. Our Turkish barbers use a cut throat with disposable blades and never draw blood when I have them shave me.
  19. Tempest63

It’s only 2 St Patricks days since we lost mum. my thoughts are with you.
  20. Tempest63

He’s way too busy researching and writing articles for the Fortean Times. You can’t have it both ways.
  21. Tempest63

Strange Deaths

What do you reckon, lime, lemon then orange?
  22. Tempest63

The Desecration Of Clop Hill

I was only 3 days old on the 16th March 1963, the day those boys rode to the church, but also remember from the late 60’s and early 70’s similar such stories, usually in the News of the World. Such stories would have contributed to my interest in all things occult orientated.
  23. Tempest63

Fortean Headlines

I’m 5’ 5”. You’re a freak!
  24. Tempest63

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

First mention of Demons I’m off.
  25. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

It is extremely rare for the HSE to rock up following such an incident. If there is a fatality they will always be there, but like a lot of government bodies they are under resourced and rarely have the time to turn up even when a member of the public is injured. In this instance a complaint was...
  26. Tempest63

O, To Be In England...

My town must be the soggiest
  27. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

I am more senior than my colleague so the shit can roll his way. And you never want to be on leave when they are looking for someone to blame. On a more serious note, this is quite minor in comparison to some of the other incidents I have been involved with in recent years. On my previous...
  28. Tempest63

Fashion & Clothing: Follies, Fads & Social Norms

Me off to one of the grandchildren’s christenings a few years back. Not sure if the candy striped jacket I am wearing would be classed as a blazer or a sports jacket. Whatever, I’ve unintentionally lost a shed load of weight since that was taken and it now hangs off my shoulders…off to the...
  29. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

We’ve heard nothing from her. I expect a letter will arrive within a few weeks from her solicitor demanding big bundles of cash and the hanging, drawing and quartering of some poor innocent we can pin the blame on. Luckily enough no sign of the HSE today. My Colleague was back from leave today...
  30. Tempest63

Jesus: Truth Or Myth?

Don’t I know that feeling.
  31. Tempest63

Corpse Mishandling

A man has been told ashes he believed were his late wife's are not hers, as police continue to investigate alleged wrongdoing by a Hull funeral director. Richard Shaw used Legacy Independent Funeral Directors for Rita's cremation in October 2023. Hull funeral directors investigation: Man told...
  32. Tempest63

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

In my experience, taurine or no taurine, cats will turn a blind eye whenever it suits.
  33. Tempest63

I remember one early morning in Paris with a pre Mrs T63 partner. She was badly hung over after a night of wining and dining and we were on the lookout for coffee. Suddenly her eyes went wide as saucers, her hand flew to cover her mouth and she started to retch, I looked at where her eyes were...
  34. Tempest63

Are they still mostly under wraps or have any been translated and released? (Personally I have as much faith in the Israeli government speaking the truth as I do Putin and his bunch of crooks)
  35. Tempest63

This thread brought back to mind a book called Judas My Brother, recommended to me by a much older colleague back in the eighties. He knew of my Fortean interests and suggested I would enjoy the book which is a book of fiction. Back then it was out of print (published in the late 60’s) and I...
  36. Tempest63

One of our Springers has IBD and it was suggested he might have a meat protein allergy so, following advice, we switched him to a vegan diet which seems to have improved his condition. Each night we let the dogs out at nighttime and during late autumn, early winter we got up in the morning and...
  37. Tempest63

A real and good quality filet (or fillet which is the British spelling, not the French) would not have that level of marbling. It is why fillet is served with a sauce or gets a generous rub as without the marbling it doesn’t have the flavour of a rib eye etc.
  38. Tempest63

People Who Feel Wrong

I know when walking the dogs that the spidey senses begin to tingle and someone will be close by who feels wrong. Invariably they will be shabbily dressed and in a hoodie of sorts, but I don’t see this until I get close up to them. The dogs invariably try and pull away from these people. Not...
  39. Tempest63

NDEs Near-Death-Experiences (General)

Interesting but certainly not wholly accurate. Sue Blackmore didn’t have her own near-death experience as a young woman in 1970, she tripped out whilst smoking drugs. She then spent a long time trying to prove that the spirit, for want of a better word, could leave the body. After years of...
  40. Tempest63

O, To Be In England...

Oh to be somewhere warm, like southern Spain or Italy, or maybe the Canary Islands, or the Caribbean. In fact anywhere sunnier and warmer all year round than dreary, rainy, windy, grey Essex.
  41. Tempest63

I was led to believe that the Dead Sea scrolls contain material closer to the real teachings of Christ, and that is the reason why many of them have been kept under wraps. Again, that was a long time ago and current thinking may have changed.
  42. Tempest63

I first read, many years ago, that there was a Roman record of Jesus when he was on their wanted list, and it was this that described him as a short hunchback. I couldn’t find a reference to that Roman record online, just the Josephus blurb.
  43. Tempest63

44. Tempest63

Allotment Ghosts

Whilst Mrs T63 has been out of commission following ankle surgery and me being crocked by IBD, my daughter in law has been helping out on the allotment. She works as a gardener and can seem to do in an afternoon what would take me a couple of days. But she mentioned at lunch yesterday she...
  45. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

Our site nurse attended to the IP initially but a crew of paramedics took over after being called by the public. You don’t see many accident books these days as you can record electronically and they are there to record any accidents or injuries in the work place. You wouldn’t necessarily cover...
  46. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

I’m a Chartered Safety Professional (CMIOSH) so it would be expected of me to support and advise the PD if my buddy isn’t back. I have a responsibility to ensure the company doesn’t end up under the bus if the facts show we as principal contractor are not responsible.
  47. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

The RAMS for the installation of the edge protection would have been approved and signed off several months ago. The first job for the investigator is to check whether there is a record of inspection and maintenance compliant with the Work at Height Regulations. Given the way we do things I...
  48. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

As it wasn’t my site I think anyone would have difficulty pinning it down to me. And every project plan has the Project Directors name on it as the “Responsible Person“, duly accompanied by his signature. I don’t get paid enough to put my head above the parapet.
  49. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

That is an extremely good idea, but means the burden will land on someone else and my stupid conscience and work ethic won’t permit me the luxury. How I wish I was more like some of the others who couldn’t give a flying f**k.
  50. Tempest63

Ridiculous Accidents

From the noise she gave out, I think it was the Owl Woman that got hit by the falling materials.
Back