• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Tempest63

FT443

In search of the Genuine Ghostbuster amongst other subjects. We must have a new postman for it to be delivered this early on a Saturday
  2. Tempest63

Haunted IPad

Does anyone else have haunted tech? My latest iPad keeps breaking out in you tube videos with songs from my earlier years. Most recently it has been a combination of Roxy Music, Oh Yeah and Dusty Springfield with the Pet Shop boys, What have I done to deserve this. Should I call an Exorcist?
  3. Tempest63

Mythical Creature

Rhianna Pratchett, daughter of the late Terry Pratchett, voices the Radio 4 series Mythical Creatures on BBC sounds. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m001tgpb?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile
  4. Tempest63

FT435

A very wet copy has dropped through the letterbox. Margaret Murray and The Wicker Man are headlining and I will start to read it when it dries out. These paper envelopes are really not up to it. Maybe they should move to a compostable plastic envelope like some other magazines.
  5. Tempest63

Alternative Medicines: Ayurveda

I was wondering if anyone has a good substitute for tomatoes in curries? After 50 years of Crohn’s disease and feeling mightily disappointed with the treatment I have been receiving from the NHS, I took matters into my own hands and consulted an Ayurvedic practitioner. The results in a few...
  6. Tempest63

Military & Wartime Ghosts

I have encountered a number of stories of ghosts encountered by the military whilst serving in Afghanistan and the account given below from https://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3300.0 (originally in the Times) is either one of those from a podcast I listened to or is very similar to one...
  7. Tempest63

FT430

Witch Farm Military base ghosts Nazi UFOs First time postie has been this early in yonks
  8. Tempest63

Paranormal Blogs

We don’t see to have a separate thread for Paranormal Blogs in the same way that we do for Paranormal Podcasts, but listening recently to Knock Once for Yes they mentioned Amy’s Crypt, https://amyscrypt.com/ Which may be of interest to some here. Got some good articles on haunted locations...
  9. Tempest63

Your First Haunted House

I was listening to the latest episode of “The Tape Library” podcast tonight which covered the Amityville Horror. At the beginning the host explains that for him Amityville represents THE haunted house story, being the first instance of a haunted house story he recalls reading as a child. For me...
  10. Tempest63

Graveyard Honey

I thought we had a thread on Fortean Food but the sites search engine couldn’t find it. So here it is. This Honey Made in a Brooklyn Cemetery Is Probably Not Haunted Every other Sunday, Davin Larson heads to Green Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, not to pay his respects to the dead but to tend to his...
  11. Tempest63

Palazzo Albrizzi Venice Italy

I stumbled across the alleged haunting of the Palazzo Albrizzi whilst listening to a podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/haunted-uk-podcast/id1571182283?i=1000550103455 It is unusual in that a large group of people experienced some of the affects of the haunting, including the actress...
  12. Tempest63

Tarot

Wine on sale in the Red Lion, Eldon Street. Might help make sense of the cards.
  13. Tempest63

FT416

Woo Hoo 416 is here, Boggarts, Demon Rabbits and the Wildman of Staffordshire. Something to peruse tonight in bed as I am on leave tomorrow so no need for an early night
  14. Tempest63

Proof Of Precognition

How does the message board know in advance who is going to react to my posts later today or tomorrow. And how can it know that Spookdaddy will respond at exactly 1.11 today?
  15. Tempest63

Craig Charles: UFO Conspiracies

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/craig-charles-ufo-conspiracies Did anyone else catch this programme?Extremely laughable. The apparent UFO over Wales in the first episode was attacked and brought down by the RAF. According to the eye witness it was attacked by RAF aircraft including Chinook...
  16. Tempest63

Fortean Books Etc, Ripe For TV?

I see on the Higgy Pop web site that The Battersea Poltergeist is transitioning from a really good podcast to the small screen. https://www.higgypop.com/news/battersea-poltergeist-to-become-a-blumhouse-television-series/ That got me thinking...what Fortean/Paranormal books, podcasts or subjects...
  17. Tempest63

UFO Over India

Locals fear a UFO seen over India may be an out of control Chinese Longmarch 5B rocket which is falling at 4 miles per second. It is reported that it could fall on a number of cities https://apple.news/A9JShppoaTMmkh00ip7czQw
  18. Tempest63

FT402

Dropped thru the letterbox a few minutes ago. Looks like an interesting issue, with the story of The Ourang Medan death ship, Restless real estate (haunted housing market), and Lincolnshire Road Ghost.
  19. Tempest63

FT397

The silver man mystery This sporting afterlife Amityville revisited Don’t know what the silver man mystery is all about but I’m about to find out
  20. Tempest63

John Cleese Believes In Life After Death

Is There Life After Death - Moderated By John Cleese.
  21. Tempest63

Allotment Ghosts

As a reformed believer in all things paranormal it surprises me that, when I’m alone at the allotment, I often get weirded out by the feeling that a presence is near me. I’ve never seen anything there, or if I have, it’s a pigeon or similar flying by that I catch in my peripheral vision. It...
  22. Tempest63

Cholesterol Levels & Suicide / Mental Disorders

My cholesterol level is very low, under 2.0 and doesn’t register on the instant read machines at the GP so it has to be sent off to the lab. I asked the practice nurse if there was any adverse effects to low cholesterol and she said it was associated with increased risk of suicide. Must admit it...
  23. Tempest63

FT393

I see someone vaguely familiar is gracing the cover this month
  24. Tempest63

Inflated Sense Of Self Importance

One thing I have noticed recently is some people’s inflated sense of self importance. In our local Tesco they have stipulated that you queue at aisle 3 for self service and aisle 13 for checkouts. You have a member of staff at the head of each of these queues who will advise you what checkout...
  25. Tempest63

Paranormal v Supernatural

On a Paranormal / Supernatural website that discusses writing, they state that: ”The paranormal genre includes creatures like zombies, werewolves, aliens, and ghosts, as well as phenomena like telepathy and time travel. “Supernatural” refers to phenomena that are forever outside the realm of...
  26. Tempest63

The Vultures Are Circling (Greed & Strife Around An Impending Death)

There is an old boy in the bed opposite me who is quite seriously ill. He has a lady, clearly not a relative, who phones him four or five times a day. He puts the phone on loudspeaker to talk to her and her whole conversation revolves around the mans property, for which she seems to be a key...
  27. Tempest63

Negative Psychic Reaction

Listening to the “In ReSearch Of“ podcast this morning they discussed zenner cards and how when testing a group of kids some recorded above average results whilst others scored way below the median. These poorly scoring kids were labelled “Negative Psychic“ as they blocked anything psychic wise...
  28. Tempest63

FT388

just dropped through the letterbox. Cecil Hotel headlining with all the usual supporting columns and an article on Showers of Stones by Karen Stollznow of the Monster Talk podcast. should alleviate the post Xmas boredom for a couple of hours. T63
  29. Tempest63

Essex Polt?

I bumped into a buddy of mine on the train Thursday morning. We see each other quite frequently at the station and I enjoy his company on the rattler into London. On Thursday he looked around quite furtively to see if anyone was listening then sheepishly asked if I believed in ghosts? I...
  30. Tempest63

FT383

Just dropped through the letterbox. Little early isn’t it?
  31. Tempest63

DNA Testing For Supernatural Powers

I recently had my Ancestry checked and as an aside to that my sister submitted my results to another site that identifies what my bad DNA could potentially lead to health wise. It identified that I am 35 times more likely to suffer Crohn’s disease (surprise, surprise I’ve lived with it for 45...
  32. Tempest63

Haunted Construction/Renovation Projects

Having worked in U.K. construction for over 40 years, both major and small projects, you often hear of hauntings or weird occurrences. Here are a few that immediately spring to mind. For instance I was told of a plasterer working on a wall in the Old Vic theatre during renovation when a face...
Back