• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

Dreams & Predictions.

Three nights ago I dreamed that I was on a jetty and could see hundreds of shark fins in the water. The next day five local beaches were closed due to multiple shark sightings. That's about as psychic as my dreams get unfortunately.
  2. G

Possible bedroom haunting

The hangers are actually plastic, not metal. She didn't see/hear anything fall down.
  3. G

Possible bedroom haunting

A couple of weeks ago my girlfriend was watching tv in her room when the coathangers on her clothes rack started to swing violently by themselves. By the time she got her camera rolling they had slowed down a bit. No windows or doors were open at the time and this is the only time this has...
  4. G

Roadside Apparition?

Last week my girlfriend and I were driving along a dark coastal road when I saw something bound across the road. Since this section of the road had no street lights I only caught the outline of the large catlike creature. I asked my girlfriend if she saw something black cross the road to which...
  5. G

"Gnome" video, and my friend's "gnome"

Hello there! ;) :P
  6. G

Modern 'Vampire' Attacks

Heh, I'm from Perth, and the whole 'vampire' part of the story is news to me. Our media outlets seem to be more keen to use this story as an opportunity to demonise lesbians.
  7. G

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

Anyone know of any good books on North American folklore/urban legends?
  8. G

Scientology

Haha, Anon doesn't give a crap about freedom of speech, they're just doing it for the lulz! I love these news reports which make them sound like a sinister and secretive organised group of cyber terrorists, they're so far off the mark it isn't funny. Actually, it is kinda funny!
  9. G

That looks like precisely the type of book I'm after, cheers! On a random note, we're both 21 year old Aussies who registered in Jan '03. Creepy.
  10. G

If someone could recommend me some good books on British folklore/urban legends it'd be greatly appreciated :)
  11. G

Meteorite Makes Villagers Ill (Carancas, Peru; 2007)

Source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22439164-2,00.html Later guys, I'm off to the outback, figure I'd best get a head start on the inevitable swarms of the undead.
  12. G

money fairy???

Twice in the past week or two, when picking up the same pair of jeans, a 2 dollar coin has fallen our of them. I never keep change just floating around in my pockets, and the second time, all three dollars that I had in my wallet were accounted for. I have no idea where these random two dollar...
  13. G

Spooky workplace

I had a bit of an odd experience a few weeks ago at work. My workplace is a small factory/warehouse that is responsible for the manufacturing of mining related products. Anyhoo, so a few weeks ago I was working at the large central table, minding my own business, when suddenly the bin...
  14. G

Communing With Spiders

I'd go with Perth. And I say that without a hint of bias. *Hides location* >_> In Perth all you really want to try to avoid are White Tail Spiders, and even then peoples reactions to them vary. And whilst relatively harmless, you probably don't want to encounter a huntsman in close...
  15. G

Out Of Place Animals

I was recently in England for a month, and whilst bird watching at the Huttoft bird hide (About 30 - 40 minutes north of Skegness) I was surprised to see another Aussie about in the form of a black swan swimming around and being harrassed by two white swans.
  16. G

Monster under the bed

My Boglin was one of these chaps: *Shudders* On the closet thing, my mum told my sister and I that if we didn't keep them closed at night ghosts would come out to get us. To this day I can't sleep with my closet open.
  17. G

Monster under the bed

If anyone out there remember Boglins (Basically a goblin puppet), I used to think that one of those lived under my bed. I'd hear breathing under my bed at night, and I had a toy Boglin under my bed, so of course the most logical explanation was that it came to life at night. In hindsight, it...
  18. G

South America video of "entity"

Kinda creepy, but most definitely human. Reminds me of this Rubber Johnny music video, which is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. I really didn't need to see that just before toddling off to bed :P
  19. G

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

Would this happen to be in Perth? Because if so, I think I know the guy you're talking about ;)
  20. G

Oh Lordi! Death Metal Eurovision Fins

Here's to hoping that this prompts Finland to choose either Finntroll or Korpiklaani next year. Some Folk Metal would go down a treat! And here's to hoping Norway choose Gorgoroth! >_>
  21. G

Mystery Prints

There are actually no koalas in Western Australia, so that pretty much rules them out :P I posted there on another forum where it was suggested that they're just kangaroo hand prints, which I think is possibly on the money. If you look at the third photo, you can actually see a couple of roo...
  22. G

Mystery Prints

Howdy folks, my friend and I were out looking for a sign on the local big cat(s?) today, and although we didn't find any big cat prints, we did come across some other interesting 5 toed/fingered prints, as linked to below. Since I have no idea when it comes to identifying tracks, I thought I'd...
  23. G

Personal Mutations

I just remembered that my sister and my cousin both have a small mole on the bottom of the same foot in the exact same spot! It's really quite amazing!
  24. G

Personal Mutations

My dad, sister and myself are all missing the teeth that should be between the two front teeth and canines, so our canines are right next to the two front teeth. We all had them in baby teeth form, but the adult teeth never came through. One dentist told us that it may be an evolutionary...
  25. G

Mystery Wasp

Cheers Kenneth, I Googled for images of the sawfly and some of them look very similar to this chap, so I think this case is solved ;) Seems the larvae of certain species of sawflies are quite the pest in Australia.
  26. G

Mystery Wasp

Thanks for the replys folks. I don't think it's a Bembix, this critter was too big to be one of those. However, the Wood Wasp looks about the right size, and shares some similarities, but I'm still yet to find a photo of one that looks like the exact same critter. I'll have to check out the...
  27. G

Mystery Wasp

Hi folks, today I found this little chap on my living room window (Thankfully on the outside!). This chap is around 3 - 4cm long, and easily the largest wasp I've ever come across, however I'm having a lot of trouble identifying it. Despite all of my googling of wasps, hornets and...
  28. G

Seeing Santa For Real

Back in 1995, when I was 10 years old, I couldv'e sworn that I heard Santa's sleigh bells. I woke up at about 5am and naturally went to check out my Christmas sack to see what goodies Santa had left. I then went to the kitchen when I heard jingleing bells coming from the street. I put my face up...
  29. G

LOST

Howdy, there's actually already a thread about Lost located here that you might be interested in ;)
  30. G

Simulacra

Bah, I can distinctly see an upside down skull! At least somebody doesn't have their mind firmly entrenched in the gutter! :P
  31. G

Classic Archive Merged: Sleep Paralysis?

I'm not quite sure that this belongs here, but I didn't think it warranted it's own thread. This morning as I was waking up, with my eyes still partially closed, I could see a shadow being projected on the ceiling through the blinds which looked like a symbol of a flying saucer. This then...
  32. G

Misperceptions

Just the other day I was sitting at the computer listening to a band by the name of Sabbat when all of a sudden I hear a voice whispering directly into my right ear. This scared the absolute shite out of me, and caused me to spin around, expecting to see someone behind me. But of course there...
  33. G

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

Last night I had the most alarming dream ever. I don't know what prompted this, but in my dream my penis had become severed and I was told that it couldn't be re-attached. And the disturbing thing was that I was carrying my severed appendage around with me where ever I went. Then I woke up...
  34. G

When you die in your sleep you really die

I've died in my dreams before, but possibly because I'm a bit of a gaming geek, I tend to respawn and play out the whole scenario again, dying once again and then respawning. I think that's how you know that you play too many video games ;)
  35. G

Strange Photo

Haha, good call, it does actually look like a real life version of Dr. Robotnik! But I think amea_gari is on the money, I can definitely see a man in a flap cap wearing glasses and sporting a big, bushy beard.
  36. G

Trident Road Graffiti in Brittany, France

What you're describing sounds like the Elder Futhark rune Elhaz as seen below: Elhaz is a rune of protection, personal protection in particular. The rune is also used to safeguard property, such as buildings and vehicles.
  37. G

Animal x

Since I don't have pay TV, I can't watch this show, but could someone please tell me if the Australian Big Cats episode has been on yet, and if so, was a nervous looking teenager interviewed? They interviewed me for the show and said that they'd send me a copy of the show on video before it...
  38. G

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

Howdy folks, I was just browsing the official website for the television program Animal X where I came across this photograph: And the accompanying article: And you can view the full article here http://www.animalx.net/media_release_bf.html Though it just looks like a case of...
  39. G

Communing With Spiders

Aye, my mum was bitten by a White Tail a few years back, and apart from the pain, she was fine. She's also been bitten by a Red Back without any series effects, yet she's allergic to bees.
  40. G

Piercings

:? I have my labret pierced and did so purely because I think labret piercings look good. I'm a real sissy when it comes to pain, so I can guarantee you I don't get off on it :P Surprisingly though, there was very little pain, it was more of a pinching sensation as the metal went though...
  41. G

A Picasso in suburbia or artistic aliens?

I just saw this one the news an hour ago, it turned out to be a disgruntled art student who was peeved at his school for failing him.
  42. G

The Lost Day

This sort of thing sometimes happens to me when I'm playing driving video games. I just zone out, yet continue playing and actually do better when I'm in a zoned out state
  43. G

Electronic Voice Phenomena ('EVP')

This thread has reminded me of something that happened about 6 months ago. I was on my PC listening to some music when I heard a female voice speak a couple of words through the speakers and disappear. Gave me a bit of a shock as I wasn't expecting it, but I didn't really think much of it...
  44. G

What Do You Believe Is True Although You Cannot Prove It?

Same with rats. I had 3 rats, a mum and it's two daughters. A few weeks ago the eldest daughter passed away and for the next couple of days the remaining two barely ate, which is odd considering they seem to have bottomless stomachs.
  45. G

Communing With Spiders

Aye, last week a came across a small redback spider that had begun eating a wolf spider more than twice it's size that got caught in it's web. First time I've ever come across a spider eating another spider.
  46. G

There's a creepy face in my bathtub soap scum!

Oh, don't worry, he'll be hearing from my lawyers. All in good time;)
  47. G

There's a creepy face in my bathtub soap scum!

A few weeks back during drawing class, I looked at my eraser sitting on my desk and was shocked to see a quite distinct face had appeared on the eraser made up of lead smudges. The face had long hair parted down the middle, a nose, two eyes and a mouth. My jerk friend deliberately rubbed out the...
  48. G

Welsh wolverine?

Thanks!:D
  49. G

Welsh wolverine?

This may sound like a stupid question, but what exactly is a 'fisher'?
  50. G

The monster in your closet

As a child, I was more concerned about ghosts and aliens than monsters. My mum told my sister and I that if we left our wardrobe doors open, ghosts could come out and get us during the night. I'm now nearly 19 and always make sure that the wardrobe door is closed before I'm alseep :o I also...
Back