• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. mrpoultice

Mysterious 10-Foot Monolith Pops Up On Welsh Hill

Like the swallows and swifts signifying Summer, the Monoliths return to the hills, heralding the springtime!
  2. mrpoultice

Lucky Escapes

I like this, It had a nice ending, but it also has the perfect mixture of dramatic rescue elements. Actual visible danger - signified by flames, billowing smoke etc The person in danger - also clearly visible The sudden arrival of CRANE MAN's cage. The few moments of genuine tummy-ice as the...
  3. mrpoultice

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

I know EXACTLY the sound / impression that you are describing. I'm just at a loss as to the 'science of the acoustics' behind it. Because when I experienced this I was in a tunnel and it sounds like you're in the open air, But there was a place I worked for a bit, that had a tunnel that created...
  4. mrpoultice

Dreams That Predict The Future

OK, I've decided to reply to, and not edit my post earlier today. Dreamt (this AM) I was on the headland (Lincolnshire side) looking at the Humber bridge, I had that slightly odd dream-state viewpoint in that while I was stood looking at the bridge, I seemed also to have an awareness of a...
  5. mrpoultice

Dreams That Predict The Future

Humber Bridge, Partial or complete collapse. White Van & Car This had been playing on my mind all morning, but I'm at work and only got a min to do this, I'll edit my poste later, But I just wanted this up and time stamped.
  6. mrpoultice

The Spalding Incident

Rather surprised to be resurrecting an old thread, but doing some reading yesterday, I suddenly thought "Hang on a mo... there's something about this on the FTMB" If you scroll up and read Waymarker's odd experiences overnight while camping in a bit of farmland scrub near Weston, Spalding. Well...
  7. mrpoultice

Things You Probably Should Have Considered, But Didn't

Well into adult hood I have always had an wariness about cans of soft drinks, beer, anything that have been left visually unattended for a few minutes in the summer months, I put this down to seeing a schoolmate nearly swallow (And get stung on the lip) by a wasp that had landed on and climbed...
  8. mrpoultice

Chased By Skeletons? (Identify Story Read Long Ago?)

OK, There is a bit of Sussex folklore that might fill yer boots in regards to the above. Namely The Midsummer Oak at Broadwater, Worthing. Local legend has it that skeletons rose on Midsummer Eve and danced hand in hand around the tree until cock crow. The tree’s site is now a triangle of land...
  9. mrpoultice

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

Slightly light-hearted, but stick with me. Someone on Twitter brought to my attention work by the Kraków based artist Joanna Karpowicz, who has painted a whole series of utterly charming pieces about an Anubis character wandering modern settings. Some of them look almost like painted...
  10. mrpoultice

Fortean Music Videos

I searched but couldn't find a specific thread on this. Edit: Thanks to the mod for merging, I honestly DID search but couldn't see anything related. Prompted by this video popping into my timeline on other social media, with my interest being piqued by people commenting initially on how...
  11. mrpoultice

Auditory Pareidolia With Repetitive Mechanical Sounds

STORY TIME!!! At the very end of the 90s I was living in Swindon in a shared student house. It was Summer holiday but being poor and needing to work at a local bar job I stayed on in the house while my flatmates went back to their respective towns. 1st day on my own I settled down at the table...
  12. mrpoultice

Criminal 'Markers' Left On Farm Gates

That's my point, Chalk drawings / painted symbols, small piles of brightly coloured pebbles, could all be unusual signs. But in the countryside, especially right now in the MIDST of harvest time, such a ubiquitous material is everywhere, on my usual dog walk there' a post by a footpath entry...
  13. mrpoultice

Criminal 'Markers' Left On Farm Gates

OK this might be legit, but there's something of the chalk "Thief Marks" trope in this. I'm a country lad and know orange baler twine ends up EVERYWHERE. Link to story: Hereford Times Mr P.
  14. mrpoultice

Mysterious Observatory Evacuation Stirs Alien Conspiracy Theories

Unexplained 'Security Issue' Keeps National Solar Observatory Facility Shuttered. It's been more than a week, and a National Solar Observatory (NSO) facility in New Mexico is still closed for an undisclosed "security issue." The NSO's Sunspot Solar Observatory, on Sacramento Peak in the...
  15. mrpoultice

Lightning Strikes

This was on Reddit earlier this morning, consensus there was that was a demolition charge. The white flash is the fuse line. So, apparently not lightning.
  16. mrpoultice

Lucky Escapes

Simple reason, is it's the same video, but someone is filming the fixed security camera footage (presumably off a monitor) using their hand held mobile phone. Probably because they wanted to share it, but couldn't be hassled / didn't have permissions / tech know-how to download the original Cam...
  17. mrpoultice

Lucky Escapes

The collective-bored-curious hive mind over at Reddit, have possibly (but by no way officially) identified a likely passenger jet that this might have dropped off. https://np.reddit.com/r/nevertellmetheodds/comments/7wlys4/chunk_of_ice_falls_off_airplane/du1imsc/
  18. mrpoultice

Channel 4 Reveals New Promotion Idents

OOOH thanks Bigphoot2 I hadn't heard of that one! But YES, that's the kind of category I was thinking of. There was a certain account (and it might not have been from FT) can only recall scant details, but was someone seeing late at night a "really rubbish robot" with sticking out arms...
  19. mrpoultice

Channel 4 Reveals New Promotion Idents

Friend who does visuals for TV stuff put me onto this a few weeks back but forgot t post it, Channel 4's new station indent fillers are out and I for one think they have a certain Fortean charm. C4: Ident 1 Feels very "Iron Giant" (much loved children's book for those not lucky enough...
  20. mrpoultice

Subscription Problems

Thanks... I'll hold on and hope. I'm not sure what the point of subscribing is, when it seems you get penalised for paying upfront for a year, by having to wait for 3 weeks after it arrives in the newsagents...
  21. mrpoultice

Subscription Problems

Any other UK subscribers still waiting on their issue of 359? Cos I bloody am!
  22. mrpoultice

Strange Dreams!

'the being-wells of the spaces under the stairs' There is a nagging familiarity to that, it certainly has a Lovecraft Creature-from-the-space-beyond-geometry sort of feel to it. Also a bit Alan Moore in his more esoteric moments. Whatever it's a wonderful line, and if no-none claims it you...
  23. mrpoultice

Fortean Podcasts

Someone on Reddit put me onto the Mysteries Abound podcast series. http://www.originz.info/Originz/Mysteries_Abound_Show_Notes/Mysteries_Abound_Show_Notes.html (this is the episode list NOT the podcast) You listen to the podcast here: http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/21864 I am currently only a...
  24. mrpoultice

Chap livestreaming a game, experiences some poltergeist type activity

I edited and added the full 2hr stream, it doesn't all happen at once, and stuff does occur off camera.
  25. mrpoultice

It's a livestream so kinda the whole point is the camera being on. I don't get you, do you mean because it's on camera it's inadmissible or something? Mr P
  26. mrpoultice

This appeared on Reddit, earlier this morning. Basically a chap called Rubzy, who live-streams himself playing games with other people has a series of events going on in the flat he was cat-sitting in. he writes... "So a little run down on what happened.. I was streaming from my buddy's...
  27. mrpoultice

Mermaids

Man claims to have found “dead mermaid” on Great Yarmouth beach 08:01 05 October 2016 George Ryan A man has claimed in a Facebook post to have found what he describes as a “dead mermaid” on the beach at Great Yarmouth. **Graphic image warning** Paul Jones posted a photograph purportedly taken...
  28. mrpoultice

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Welsh police helicopter records object over the Bristol Channel Sat/ 23rd Sept 2016 Link to the thread from uk/Reddit where I have just seen this. And a link to the St Athan NPAS twitter account where they are discussing it and show the video. (note the video is set "hot-to-black" so you...
  29. mrpoultice

Weird Weather

Micro / localised rainstorm. I don't have anymore info, the video just appeared in my feed on Youtube. The location appears to be South America? Someone suggests an explanation may be a burst pipe on the roof of an adjacent building, being night time it's hard to see, but it does appear to...
  30. mrpoultice

HELP: Fortean Clippings Address

Sorry everyone, I'm away from home & away form a copy of the mag otherwise I'd look it up myself, but I have a bundle I need to post otherwise they will invariably get lost. Could anyone furnish me with the current fort clippings mailing address? Cheers Mr P
  31. mrpoultice

That Annoying HUM!

Interestingly there ARE 19th Century (Victorian) accounts of the Hum or hummadruzz as they termed it. I copy this (below) from pages discussing the hum on the Northern Earth Website I know there are a few other accounts but frustratingly these are the only ones I can find right now. I...
  32. mrpoultice

Classic Archive Merged: Pani(ic) In The Woods

I'm bumping this in the hope Mr T-H is still about, I'm really interested in the "hanging Skeleton of Bushy Wood"? Could you recount what you remember of it? I can't find anything online, but it sounds like a story I've been told from anther part of the UK. Would love to know more? Mr P
  33. mrpoultice

Let's all have a "lighter moment" here in Conspiracy -General.

I make no apologies, I've had a crap week, and this has at least brought a smile. Trevor Moore presents Kitty Histories...you will need sound, but it seem pertinent to the forum (stick with it, it really gets going by the 1 minute mark) A work colleague I showed it to, watched it...
  34. mrpoultice

The Black Knight!

OK: In a thematic combination even I have to agree is frankly weird, Soft Drinks manufacturer PEPSI have based their new ad campaign around the Black Night Satellite. Published on 18 Nov 2015 Global short film with footage shot from outer space with the UrtheCast camera on the...
  35. mrpoultice

Dyatlov Pass Incident (1959)

Not sure how many people here play video games, but currently on Steam, there is an adventure game called "Kholat" which is taking as its starting point, the Dyatlov Pass incident! (and it's narrated by everyone's favourite Yorkshire man / Stark / Sharpe / Boromir Sean Bean) Link to game page...
  36. mrpoultice

Garden Gnomes

Police investigate after woman wakes up to find 107 gnomes in front garden A woman woke up to find more than 100 gnomes carefully arranged in her front garden. Marcela Telehanicova was pulling her curtains when she was confronted by 107 gnomes in a formation on her front path at her home in...
  37. mrpoultice

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

OOH ta! I'll mooch over to Iplayer later and check it out.
  38. mrpoultice

Mystery Booms From The Sky (Skyquakes)

OK, since last posting here, people are claiming to have heard more of these explosions / bangs last night in other locations? Source Mirror online A few people I follow on Twitter have mentioned hearing a loud explosion around 10pm last night. Only one of them is in Norfolk and the...
  39. mrpoultice

Mystery Booms From The Sky (Skyquakes)

Following on from the Manchester Boom on the 25th it seems there was a mystery "explosion sound" in the early hours of today (29th November) in the Catterick North yorks area. A1 has been closed by the police all day BBC news reports it here Oddly a friend who is up there...
  40. mrpoultice

Unusual Static Effect Noticed Outside Google London HQ?

Couple of recent videos posted to Youtube appear to show people in London walking into and out of a very localised area of Static charge on Bucknall St, right outside the offices of Google /London HQ. Evidence of super-secret Google technology nearby, or sign of dangerous un-insulated...
  41. mrpoultice

Lake Champlain's Champ

Strange Audio from Lake Champlain Researchers looking for "Champ" the Lake Champlain monster, have captured some "odd" underwater recordings. The story is a 5 Minute Video in WCAX news. Watch it here Link is dead. No archived version found. Mr P, over & out
  42. mrpoultice

TV & Radio Reminders

THe Dracula Business on BBC Iplayer As part of its "When Gothic Was Born" Series, the BBC has shown a 1974 documentary called The Dracula Business Presented & narrated by Dan Farson who's great uncle Bram Stoker wrote Dracula, he looks at myth and the resulting fascination with Vampires...
  43. mrpoultice

Ghost Cars / Road Vehicles: Sightings; Videos; Etc. (Not IHTM)

A fun little one this, and it might all be down to a trick of perspective. But it does look very odd Link to Gif with frame by frame samples can be seen here I'm shooting off to work, so if anyone can find the video version, I'll buy them an imaginary internet pint! LATERS PEEPS...
  44. mrpoultice

Pilot Photographs Orange/Red "Glow" Over Pacific

I agree some kind of undersea crack opening up sounds right but the lights look "round" and then there this... Which sounds odd and not very volcanic?
  45. mrpoultice

Pilot Photographs Orange/Red "Glow" Over Pacific

Now this odd. The story comes from the website of a chap called JPC Van Heist, who is an aviation photographer. Last night he was 5 hours into a flight from Japan heading towards Alaska and seems to have caught something quite strange. he writes: The webpage with the all important...
  46. mrpoultice

Clowns spotted acting suspiciously in Northampton (UK)

Interesting quote from the concerned Rochdale parent. (my bold emphasis below) It suggests there is a full blown school-rumour-urban-legend-event going on at the minute. reminds me of the Skinhead gang rumours mentioned in FT a few times, and in my School in the 80s It was murderous knife...
  47. mrpoultice

Kings Lynn Clowns I had just come here to post that, but Sherbetbizarre beat me to the post. First Northampton, Then Boston, Now Kings' Lynn... Do we have the three corners of a "Clown Triangle" ? Or will it spread further? Mr P
  48. mrpoultice

Mystery Clown migrates to Lincolnshire. It seems the (now unmasked) Mystery Clown of Northamptonshire, has a Lincolnshire copycat (copyclown?) Source Boston Standard This now seems to be becoming a "thing" I wonder what the next step is? Mr P
  49. mrpoultice

I've run into 2 mentions of this story this morning, I'll add the other link when I find it again. Coulrophobics of Northamptonshire, should be very afraid it seems... Source Northampton Chronical & Echo Edit: Found the other story. It seems we have a person dressed as clown going out of...
Back