• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

There are hoodies that zip all the way up to the top of the hood. A lot of the time they have designs like a skull across that section, or a superhero mask. Maybe he/she was wearing one of those.
  2. L

Shortwave Number Stations

A blog I read linked me to this pdf document today: http://irdial.hyperreal.org/www/conet_p ... ooklet.pdf It's basically 'Number Stations 101' for those interested. There's also been some CDs created that are recordings of some number stations (I don't know which ones since it's not...
  3. L

Land Shark!

Hmmm. Yeah there's definitely something fishy about this story. Oh shut up! As if the joke wasn't begging to be made :lol:
  4. L

'Chupacabras' Again?

In my expert opinion *cough cough* I reckon American badger. There's just something about the shape of the head and the body, plus those long claws that makes me think of a mustelid or something like it. I don't know about albinism and whether a badger can be partly albino (since it does have...
  5. L

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

I am related to Winston Churchill. Check. Mate. :lol:
  6. L

Strange Crimes

If the story about his daughter is true then frankly I think he was quite restrained in his response :evil:
  7. L

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

That sheep/puppy is unbelievably adorable :blissed:
  8. L

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Yeah I generally have my phone on silent at night. Leftover from the days of heading out into town late on most night and if I'd chosen not to do so I'd get a phonecall at 3am from drunken friends insisting I join them. Now it's because my Dad has no concept of appropriate times for...
  9. L

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Ooh cool :) I hardly ever read the actual FT articles online. I always forget they're there. Thanks CultJunky :)
  10. L

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

The other night I was sitting in the lounge room doing some studying and the TV turned itself on. Thought it was weird, checked to see if I was leaning on the remote. I wasn't. I turned the tv off and kept studying and a few minutes later it did it again. Then yeterday I was driving to a...
  11. L

Enid Blyton

And yet more Enid Blyton synchronicity for me. This week is weird.
  12. L

Enid Blyton

According to this it was in the 'Sunny Stories for Little Folks' Magazine (Poor Old Scarecrow! issue) and in the book 'Six o'Clock Tales'. That site, and http://www.enidblyton.net/ are a real treasure trove. After I posted before I went on another little hunt and managed to find that book...
  13. L

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

That reminds me of a clue in an Enid Blyton book when I was little. The trees pointed the way to an old gazebo with a secret passage that had treasure hidden in it. Maybe Ms Blyton had never seen a tree before? Incidentally I've been looking for that book for years now. I can't remember...
  14. L

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

How big was the chip? Maybe it was between your toes for most of the day until you noticed it? I've had that happen before with small gumnuts and the like.
  15. L

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

:shock: Y'know I really wouldn't call that minor strangeness.
  16. L

Stonehenge

Or to focus something spiritually. Or to create a defined sense of space for whatever reason... In any case, 'henge' has, like most archaeological terms, a fairly open meaning. It creates an obvious image, of course, but it doesn't matter if the ditch is inside the bank, or opposite, or even...
  17. L

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

I'm going to be singing Mack the Knife all day now :P
  18. L

Strange Crimes

Hey I didn't say it was COMMON, just not strange :D Profit-driven cruelty. Now, barrels of goat semen and a Maserati found in a forest - that's frigging strange :shock:
  19. L

Strange Crimes

I haven't found a single news story for the past 3 pages to be strange. I don't know if that reflects on me, the thread, or the state of the world :?
  20. L

History Rewritten: Myths Busted & New Truths Uncovered

My initial response was So? I look a lot like Randoplh Churchill (unfortunately), and I cock my eyebrow in the same way. Doesn't mean anything. and then realised the sheer stupidity of that point. Christ, maybe I should get some sleep. :roll:
  21. L

Ningen (Humanoid Figure; Antarctica)

Reminds me of a sea-monk
  22. L

TRON 2

A bunch of friends and I went to see it a few weeks back. I haven't seen the original Tron and still haven't, and so had no real idea of what the story was. I knew that a computer world had been created and that Bridges' character had gotten stuck in it - that was all I knew, I found it hard...
  23. L

Stonehenge

But wouldn't balls have left deeper trackways because the weight isn't distributed as widely as on a set of logs?
  24. L

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

And she sounds like such a catch, too. :roll:
  25. L

Blood out of nowhere?

You bastard. I'm going to be singing that ALL NIGHT :splat:
  26. L

Ghoul in the Forest? Or Hoax?

Yeah the ones on NeverWinter Nights aren't packing much of a punch. Maybe ghouls are like rabbits and you have to press on either side a bit before you see anything pop up. Come to think of it, my ex was a bit like that too.
  27. L

Presence in My Garden

Aww and I was so excited to see the old captain from the Ghost and Mrs Muir. :D Could it have been that the wind whipped up a bit of a frosty flurry? It doesn't snow here so I'm stabbing in the dark. With an icicle. Or maybe it's the Scarg effect. You did say you were having beans on...
  28. L

Dick van Dyke surfs? That is so cool! :shock:
  29. L

The Alien Movies

That sounds fantastic! I hope he manages to make his vision come to life one day. I'd definitely pay to see that. :)
  30. L

The Alien Movies

I know I'm going to get shouted down about this, but I love the pants off Alien 3. The first movie is great, the second bored me to death and had me almost begging for Hicks to die, preferably in a very painful and violent manner. The third movie had me giggling the whole way through, and for...
  31. L

Yeah it's pretty disturbing. What bothered me a lot also was that he had been reported before by patients, but no one believed them, and he himself had gone to the medical board and said that he didn't believe that he was fit to practice, and they declared him fine.
  32. L

Did you not hear about that guy, Zilch? He was all over the local papers about a year or two back. They were calling him The Butcher of Bega, though he was working at Pambula hospital too (which is a bit scary since I was in that hospital a few weeks before the news broke). He was doing things...
  33. L

Enid Blyton

Sticky tape here. Don't know why though, I've never called it Scotch tape :?
  34. L

Speaking In Tongues

Dammit now I have that song stuck in my head :roll: My best friend was brought up evangelical pentecost. Her family went to church every week and every one of them was "overcome by the holy spirit", fell to the floor, convulsed, spoke in tongues, etc. She never felt that way though. When...
  35. L

Greek and roman stuff

There's a novel like that - American Gods by Neil Gaimon. Surprisingly good, even with the ubiquitous random sex scenes (which are, I'll admit, at important feature of many deities worship)
  36. L

The Game

:wink: I've never been a bride before. Or even a bridesmaid. Been to a few weddings though. I swear to goddess at the last one someone's hubby was wearing a muumuu. Those things really show off the decolletage don't they? Don't do much to hide the chubb either :shock:
  37. L

Local & Dialect Words

Yeah I remember that. That was during his Tour of Australia and I'm pretty sure he was in either Adelaide or Melbourne. Harry's doesn't do pie floaters, like you said Anome (I looked, by god did I look) but they do a mean Beef Pie with Mashed Potato, Mushy Peas and Gravy Poured Over It *nom...
  38. L

Local & Dialect Words

Yep. I reckon I might go down to the shops and get some for lunch now we're talking about it. I've infrequently heard "lush" for attractive since I was little, and I use "mind" a lot, though slightly differently to how that article suggests. I say it as an alternative to "although"...
  39. L

That reminds me of a Lovecraft story... :shock:
  40. L

Withheld Thoughts and Opinions

I have the same inappropriate thoughts a lot of the time and like Mavidelf and Oldrover suggested, I think it was my way or torturing myself with my thoughts. I have pretty hefty anxiety issues. Anyway a little while back I brought it up with my partner and best friend, terrified that once I...
  41. L

The Thread Of Sherlock Holmes

Actually, much as I despise Crowley I would assuredly pay to watch that. Especially with Mark Strong as him. I hadn't heard of him until SH and now that I have I think he's great.
  42. L

Vampires

And now I feel like cucumber sandwiches. Off to the shops for me then ;)
  43. L

Attacks By Seagulls

Australian Magpies have a certain area that they consider their own when nesting and if you go anywhere near it (and I mean within 30 metres) they will swoop the shite out of you. Standard practise where I live is to send kids to school in Spring with ice cream cartons on their heads to make...
  44. L

Monsters We Missed

There are so many I wish I could have seen, but the one I regret missing most is the Dodo. Birds remind me of cuddly toys when I was little. I want to hug them and take them to bed with me. In a totally innocent way, of course :shock: I agree that the Thylacine is still out there, but even...
  45. L

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

I may just be hard-up for funnies lately, but I just laughed so hard at that I nearly cried :D
  46. L

Red Dead Redemption

Right. I'm sold. As soon as I get paid next week I'm buying it. Herding cattle? Lauren says YES.
  47. L

Red Dead Redemption

It's only just been released out here. Been wanting to check it out though. Is there a storyline to it? All I know is that it's got cowboys :lol:
  48. L

strange creatures!

Definitely a mustelid. I'd go with either an otter or a starved wolverine. The feet just don't look otter-y enough to me, so I'd go with the latter, but I've never seen either in real life so I'm likely quite wrong. :)
  49. L

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

Error: No posts exist for this topic Just logged in and went to my profile to check subscribed posts. Had 5 of them and opened them all in new tabs. All but one page said "No posts exist for this topic" and had nothing apart from the basic forum background. No thread, no posts (obviously)...
  50. L

Has cryptozoology ever ...

Came across this list recently that seems apt :) http://listverse.com/2010/04/16/10-beas ... -mythical/
Back