• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Timble2

UFOs Over Ireland (2018)

A decent UFO story for a change, not just a tiny out of focus fleck in the sky, or a moving light. UFOs spotted off Irish coast under investigation What did the pilots see off the coast of Ireland? The Irish Aviation Authority is investigating reports of bright lights and UFOs off the...
  2. Timble2

Fashion & Clothing: Follies, Fads & Social Norms

If this is the start of a trend gents could be letting their dangly bits swing free.... http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/jan/22/-sp-penis-flashing-at-rick-owens-menswear-show
  3. Timble2

Jimmy's End a Film By Alan Moore the Wizard of Northampton

Alerted to this by an article in the Graunaid. The there's a character called Mr Matchbright which may hint at where it's going. Warning scary clown and probably not NSFW On the basis os this film I'd really like to see a Alan Moore/David Lynch collaboration Alan Moore: why I turned...
  4. Timble2

Living longer is no ball(s)

Who wants to live forever anyway? . http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19699266
  5. Timble2

FT288

FT288 just appeared. includes: To Kill a Vampire - the provenance of those vampire killing kits Vampire Autopsies The Men who Invented Dracula - how the count ended up on the tourist map. Ancient animals Do we face an epidemic of mass hysteria? Living with the lycanthropes...
  6. Timble2

New theory of life - Gaia revisited perhaps?

Astrobiology Interesting item - it's either a brilliant insight or bonkers. It looks a lot like Lovelock's Gaia hypothesis, with slightly different mechansism of action. BTW There must be a Gaia thread here somewhere, but my search won't find it. FULL PAPER HERE...
  7. Timble2

Ghost Stories From The Newgate Calendar

I was wilfing the other night and came across the site for the Newgate Calendar - which started as court reports and developed into a sort of proto-True Crimes - that was published from around 1750 to 1840. Someone's put them online (based on a 1926 edition). One appendix contains several...
  8. Timble2

CYBERATS! (Brain implants actually)

With the first step towards, being able to recover information from the brain, and now fubctional brain implants, the world of neuroscience seems to have gone rather science fictiony lately. If they can get this working it could be very useful for certain types of brain and spinal injury.
  9. Timble2

Presence in My Garden

I was photographing the heavy frost in the garden this morning. When I uploaded this picture there were mysterious shapes that I didn't see when I took it!
  10. Timble2

People Dying / Corpses Discovered In Chimneys

Apparently she died of the flue. Sky News Wednesday, September 1 09:44 am
  11. Timble2

Beer To Be Sold In Dead Animals (Brewdog 'End Of History' Ale)

Torygraph You could weaselly get stoatally ratarsed hare: :_pished: :lol:
  12. Timble2

Tortoises

The Grauniad Tortoise realdolls!
  13. Timble2

FT261

This has just plopped through the letterbox, looks promising, Jesus in Britain, a big feature on photographing ghosts, Lightning Images and Brion Gysin's dream machine... a thick issue too.
  14. Timble2

The Life of Brian...I mean Raj Patel: He's not the Messiah

This is very strange, it's the Life Of Brian incarnate. It would be so tempting exploit it, though the crucifixion thing could be a bit of a bummer... :roll: The Grauniad
  15. Timble2

Buried Alive - Jan Bondeson's Latest

An interesting article by the excellent Prof Jan Bondeson, RFT contributer and popular UnConvention speaker, whose also got a book out on the subject. Shades of Poe's Premature Burial... Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0hxpLKBjm
  16. Timble2

UFO on the bowling green

Metro There's not been a good CE3K in the UK for a while.
  17. Timble2

FT259

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FT 259 has just dropped throught the letterbox. Robin Hood, the Knights templar, and Where have all the werewolves gone? (Werewolf? Werewolf? There. What? There wolf. There castle). Reading for later!
  18. Timble2

Mystery Death of UFO Expert Paul Vigay

MIB? Daily Torygraph
  19. Timble2

Cinema City Ghost - Norwich

Norwich Evening News I've locked up at Cinema City late at night, but I never spotted anything vaguely paranormal.
  20. Timble2

Dan Brown: The Lost Symbol - the hype begins

Mr Brown's latest opus is due in September, but the hype is beginning to build. It looks like another half-baked melange of conspiracy theories. It'll probably sell millions (I'm only jealous) Reuters
  21. Timble2

The Day The Earth Stood Still - The remake

Although it's not supposed to be out until 12/12, my local multiplex had it out today so I thought I'd see it before the critics got to it. Actually it's not bad and if you didn't know the original, quite good.
  22. Timble2

CLASSIC ARCHIVE: Ghost Train Station

ARCHIVE: http://web.archive.org/web/200107171449 ... rain.shtml Ghost Train Station My brother Mark had a job where he had to turn up very early to a non-passenger rural station to see in a coal train, then wait an hour or more for the next. He cannily rigged up a little comfy bed and would...
  23. Timble2

CLASSIC ARCHIVE: Fear the Faeries

Archived at: http://web.archive.org/web/200107171434 ... hill.shtml
  24. Timble2

CLASSIC ARCHIVE: The Thing on The Doorstep

Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/200107171442 ... hing.shtml The Thing on the Doorstep My name is Joshua. I live in Rutherford County, Tennessee. When I was still a toddler, a strange event happened ... one that, despite the hunger with which I devour any and all "paranormal"-related...
  25. Timble2

CLASSIC ARCHIVE: Window between worlds

AT: http://web.archive.org/web/200111091423 ... eway.shtml
  26. Timble2

Are we attracting the Aliens

I only found this because I read a Daily Mail someone left on the tube. It's not a new idea, but there does seem to be an upsurge in interest in ETs. Are the press preparing is for something :shock: Or is it just the the Daily Hate Mail's run out of stories on Eastern European Immigrants...
  27. Timble2

Tripping Hither, Tripping Thither, The Rise Of The Fairies

Mediums and spirits, and the Holy Blood, Holy Grail phenomenon have been the the top paranormal/weird shit topics for the past few years. Could the next big thing be a fairy revival? This is about the third article on this subject that I've seen recently; The Fairyland Grauniad
  28. Timble2

Holy Water or Leaky Mains?

If it's Anglian Water doing the checking they'll charge for it whether or not it's from their mains.
  29. Timble2

Thames UFO

This was in the Scum, must have had amazing cloaking devices to be invisible to everyone else and their cameras. Sun
  30. Timble2

Alcohol makes randy fruit flies go gay

This probably explains something though I'm not sure what... New Scientist
  31. Timble2

Russian Doomsday Sect (Pyotr Kuznetsov; Cave Habitation)

I wonder if the Russian authorities will handle this as well as the US did with the Branch Davidians... And if the world's not ending until next May, why not leave it until a bit closer to the date before going to ground, that way your supplies would last longer after doomsday..
  32. Timble2

The Enid Blyton Code

We've had Bible Codes, Da Vinci Codes, Shakespeare Codes now we have the The Enid Blyton Code....
  33. Timble2

Was Merlin From Glasgow?

It's been known for a long time that there was Scottish starnd to some of the stories about Merlin, but i think this chap's letting his imagination run ahead of the evidence...
  34. Timble2

The Double-Nosed Andean Tiger Hound

This expedition seems quite odd on several counts, apart from the dog. Story from BBC NEWS: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/6940289.stm Published: 2007/08/10 13:22:49 GMT © BBC MMVII
  35. Timble2

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Almost)

Intriguing how you can find new properties of an old drug.
  36. Timble2

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow And Hair The Day After Tomorrow

Possibly good news for some folks. Though within a couple of weeks the interweb's going to be covered in snake-oil merchants and quacks claiming that their baldnes cure uses this technique.
  37. Timble2

The Spudniks have landed

I wasn't sure if this belonged in culture, UFOLOGY or general. May have a go a doing this locally... :wink: The Grauniad
  38. Timble2

U.S.A.: The Coming Tyranny

Well the Grauniad would say that wouldn't it :wink: I think the writer's mistaking incompetence and rhetoric for a coherent plan...
  39. Timble2

The Cheese Man Of Huntingdonshire

Now I like cheese, but this is bizarre. Hunts Post
  40. Timble2

Wizards And Diviners Abound In Britain

From the Grauniad I wondered what the Rev Fanthorpe had been up to lately.
  41. Timble2

New Islands Appear

Mu resurfacing, or is this R'lyeh popping up Find this article at: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/1 ... index.html
  42. Timble2

Universal translator - not just Sci Fi anymore?

Someone's been watching too much Star Trek and Doctor Who. I suspect this is a lot further off than the impression gievn in the article.
  43. Timble2

Mount Weather: The US's Secret HQ?

The US seems to have more secret bunkers than would really seem necessary. If this one's now coming out of the shadows agin I sense a whole new batch of conspiracy theories brewing up. The Grauniad I like this bit, shades of Thunderbirds:
  44. Timble2

Nasa names new spacecraft 'Orion' or is it Apollo 2.0?

It looks more like an upgraded version of Apollo than anything new.
  45. Timble2

Is Soya Bad for You? (Or big bad agribusiness)

Those of you who read Nexus, will have come across this before, but it looks as if the story is going mainstream So is Dr Fitzpatrick the voice of reason crying out in the wilderness? Is the agribusiness conspiring to sell us dodgy beans? Does it all amount to a hill of beans? What about...
  46. Timble2

Python Eats Electric Blanket

This sounds reminds me of the old joke "I dreamt I was eating giant marshmallow. Then when I woke up in the morning my pillow was gone."
  47. Timble2

The new "punky monkey"

Don't know about punky, but certainly very hairy. BBC Cambs
  48. Timble2

Fairy Doors in Ann Arbor

Odd or clever marketing? The Grauniad
  49. Timble2

Pagan Pride

Out of curiosity, did anyone go on this? I was surprised to find out that there's still apparently extensive prejudice against pagans. I thought it was just sloppy tabloid journalism, and fundamentalists of all species who equated paganism with eating babies etc...
  50. Timble2

Artificial dangly bits let rabbits mate normally.

I suppose it's appropriate use rabbits. If their reputations are anything to go by, wear and tear must be a problem. New Scientist
Back