• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. W

Disembodied voice - A lovely little mystery

I find it interesting that this is sort of Fortean "near-miss". If by chance when you called your Dad there had been something wrong with him or X, the whole situation would have suddenly become a lot spookier and more significant for you. But they were fine and it remained, as you say, just a...
  2. W

'terrorist hole' Small heath.....

I'd like to know when this was too. I happen to have been involved in some construction work at the outdoor activity centre there early last year and I wonder if it might be connected...
  3. W

Fluttering In Ears: Warning Sign

I know the feeling you mean, but I can't say it's ever been a premonition of a natural disaster. I used to experience the same thing on a regular basis at work, several times a day. It was always only in my right ear but it could get pretty painful and was quite worrying for a while, to the...
  4. W

Mysterious sea-pyramid on the horizon

The first thing the picture reminded me of was the silhouette of a feature near where I live (Mumbles Head, near Swansea if anyone knows it). Observe: Link I don't think it's likely that you saw a projected image of this from a bridge in Holland, but to me at least, the similarity is...
  5. W

Afterlife: Life After Death? Yes Or No—You Tell Me

We could even all be one consciousness, the only consciousness, zipping back and forth in time as it (we?) sees fit... In fact, I think this may fit in with some branch of Buddhism or other.
  6. W

Dark Energy

The thing is, when it comes to Big Science like this, the truth of the matter is that no-one has any idea what is going on. Of course "our equations don't add up" doesn't make such a good news story as "96% of the Universe is made from mysterious stuff that we can't detect", and a paper...
  7. W

Animal Weather Forecasting

39% is quite close to 50% really, isn't it.
  8. W

THE SYNCHRONICITY OF PHYSICS

Speaking of synchroncity, I just happened to be listening to 'Losing My Religion' by R.E.M. as I read this. Spooky...
  9. W

Caped crusader saves the day in English town

Oh dear I've just realised that that's been discussed at length in the other thread. I'm such a newbie.
  10. W

Caped crusader saves the day in English town

I think this about to get in the news again The truth is out. You can see how the story developed here http://forums.thedivinecomedy.com/viewtopic.php?t=678&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40&sid=e43bed7ca8753a7a6d53ebe04784139b and there's an interview with the guy behind it all here...
  11. W

New Jersey's real life Hellmouth, and other weirdness

There's plenty of these in the UK http://entrances2hell.co.uk/
  12. W

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

escargot, are you a stealth b3tan? I made that picture! I've been lurking here for a while now and this made me finally get around to posting. I'm not complaining, it's really cool to see my stuff get spread around. Yay! 8)
Back