• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. F

Changelings

I know we've all heard of the lore surround changelings, but has anyone had any real (or even realistic) experiences regarding changelings?
  2. F

Deaths Related To Video Games / Gamers / Gaming

Likewise, I've never slashed anyone for 9999 damage with a viciously huge sword, nor shot at anyone with a BFG, destroyed any Rebel Scum Pilots in their X-Wings, eaten any ghosts, violently stomped on any mushrooms, or driven over anyone. ;) So let me get this straight... if I kill someone...
  3. F

Predictions for 2004

Well done!! Marlon Brando passed away at age 80 of natural causes on the 2nd of July. And about the WMD....well...we all knew that was going to happen, didn't we??
  4. F

Weird Personal Names

Around here we get some REALLY odd names, because people tend to name their kids after a sound that they like, and not necessarily because of the meaning of the word. Hence I've come across guys named Calculator and Microkombi!!
  5. F

The Phantom Artist Strikes

Illicit trafficking in chirascuro :p hehehe... Mind you, you never know how deadly someone's semen could be when applied liberally to the corner of a canvas :o Seems to me that he was just looking for an excuse to jack off into the paint pots, really.
  6. F

Portal to the "Other Side"? (Giessbach Hotel, Switzerland)

Sorry, Judge Nutmeg...no luck here. I checked about 6 search engines with various combinations of the words "lake brienz", "room 338", "portal", "legend", "myth", "haunted" and "urban legend". All I get are tourism sites or nothing. Anyone else have any better luck? I'd be interested to...
  7. F

Not quite KFC...

My father used to work at a chemical processing plant, and this particular plant had two really tall stacks for the emission of unwanted gasses. I recall back then that, at night, you could see the gas emissions burning blue out one stack, and yellow/green out the other. Anyhow, asked my...
  8. F

Shadow People

Just did a little bit of googling, and here's an explanation of the floaty, pretty lights: I don't know if that's what you're getting, but it sounds right.
  9. F

Shadow People

Yep...see them all the time!! Not only at night. They're quite bright, and they float around in your vision for a while before disappearing. I always figured them for the optic nerves misfiring. They're pretty tho!:D
  10. F

A Baby Crying

On that note, why is it that we find the sound a baby crying so spooky when played in scary movies? Surely logic dictates that something so pure can hardly have a connotation of creepiness, but logic means buggerall when you're sitting in a darkened cinema and a sound of a baby crying plays on...
  11. F

Ever Been Fooled (By Something You're Good At)?

Was driving around one evening, and almost swerved to avoid a "cat" that was crossing the road. Turned out to be a plastic bag :rolleyes: How on EARTH I managed to mistake a plastic bag for a cat, I have NO idea.
  12. F

People Shredders (Machines): Real or ULs?

For a fascinating insight into what happens when a human shredder is used, read the novel "The Last Six Million Seconds" by John Burdett. It's a murder mystery set in Hong Kong, and....you guessed it...it revolves around a murder of someone who got placed in a human shredder alive.
  13. F

Cases Of Little Or No Brain; Unusually Small Or Partial Brains

Do we need our brains? Culled off http://www.alternativescience.com/no_brainer.htm What do you think? Is your brain really necessary? Do you really have to have a brain? The reason for my apparently absurd question is the remarkable research conducted at the University of Sheffield...
  14. F

Djinn, Genies & The Arabian Nights

What I find truly amazing about Djinn is that some of the more pious peoples can bind them into service. I've heard tell of some very holy muslim scholars who have Djinn guardians. Also, I've heard it said that every mosque has a Djinn protector. From what I understand, they're quite prevalent.
  15. F

Djinn, Genies & The Arabian Nights

Jinn 101 Djinn, or Jinn (either way works...it's translated from the Arabic word), according to the Qur'an were created from "smokeless fire", just as man was created from "clay". From what I understand, Jinn have as much a society of their own as humankind, including heirarchies, families...
  16. F

The Necronomicon

Ah yes...and thus we have a new conspiracy theory.... Lovecraft was actually Aleister Crowley!! Yes, it all fits together now... Cthulhu is a metaphor for satan... :devil: :madeyes:
  17. F

Schrödinger's Cat

err...I guess it's probably just me.... but didn't anyone think to use a see-through box? That way, you can fit the cat, the geiger couter, the poison gas, douglas adams, the zebra crossing and the half-glass in, and see whether the zebra crossing is half dead or not.... Or is there a flaw...
  18. F

Websites Found by Misspelling

A while ago I typed in http://www.ggogle.com and there USED to be a link there saying "how did I get here?" and the explanation saying "maybe you wanted to go to (google.com logo here), but you really typed in (ggogle.com in parody of google.com's logo)." Found it quite hilarious at the...
  19. F

W e i r d s t u f f

I find this highly freaky, because I had a similar experience in a public toilet. I used to work at a bookshop in a mall a couple of years back, and this job entailed a few stints of the night shift. The mall itself was kinda quiet in the evenings, so the job was quite pleasant. I paid a...
  20. F

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

EVIL, and I'm dead cert that they're satan's minions!!
  21. F

Weird Psychological Thing Re: Big/Small

Funny....me too. Why arent I surprised? For me as a kid it used to be the contrast of tiny lil me and some big kinda mental hurricane, the contrast of stark white and deep black... and it used to send me into a fit of terror. I tried googling on this but without a name to the phenomena it's...
  22. F

Famous and Historic threads of Fortean Message Board

Yes, I'm one of the original posters (second to last, in fact). The video wasn't really all that convincing, honestly, and that's what everyone was going on about. It certainly was fascinating, however. The problem I think everyone had was that "You believe what you want to believe", and in...
  23. F

The Necronomicon

Re: there's always alot.. That "octopus thing monster" you're talking abt is the great and terrible Cthlhu himself! Cthulhu Fhtagn! (hmm...I wonder if I've found myself a new sig...)
  24. F

The Necronomicon

Re: Frater Er...yes they do!! >:E :D The earlier talk about Hastur reminded me of one of the gamer's famous last words... "What a useless piece of paper! All it says is 'Hastur Hastur Hastur' over and over again!" Incidentally, wasn't the name of the book that Ash found in the...
  25. F

The Necronomicon

And the problem is??? *evil cthulhoid grin*
  26. F

The Necronomicon

Do I speak to any Call of Cthulhu players here?? If you're a fan of Lovecraftian fiction, and a fan of the whole role-playing genre and enjoy creating stories based upon the entire mythos, it makes for a very entertaining game, and occasionally, some very scary nights!! Hehehe.... I think...
  27. F

Extremely Unusual Dream Experiences

Funny...I've never thought abt it... and now that I DO think abt it.. I seem to have perfect vision in my dreams. My glasses never seem to appear in dreams, which leads me to suspect that glasses don't dream...
  28. F

Bizarre & Incorrect Prophecies

NAaah....you're not being vague enough. You're talking about a war in the middle east in which india and pakistan will join and america's greed for oil. Nooo..... you have to vagueify things a little more. (technically, it's not the cresent and the cross, but the cresent and the star...but...
  29. F

Bizarre & Incorrect Prophecies

God is known as a vengeful entity, one who will end all human existence upon a whim, and many people have taken it that God will end their days on dates of some significance. Apparently the doomsdayists (I made a new word! Hurrah!) predicted that the world would end in the year 1666 (what...
  30. F

Extremely Unusual Dream Experiences

A good many of the dreams I have seem to have a highly violent theme: things like blood, gore, murder, death, chaos, suicide, inescapable death....that sort of macabre thing. A very good example is the dream I had last night of a killer indiscriminately murdering people around him, and one of...
  31. F

Meeting In Dreams Experiment

hehehe....this sounds like fun. Ok, I'm game.... Stonehenge, is it? I have a nasty habit of remembering my dreams.....they rarely make any SENSE, but I DO remember them!! Hehehe....if you see anyone who looks SERIOUSLY confused, thats probably me :P
  32. F

People Willingly Entering The Water And Drowning

Reminds me of the legends of the rusulka....cant recall TOO much abt these lasses, but apparently they had a habit of calling people to watery graves of one sort or another. :eek!!!!:
  33. F

For a friend

More to the point, what exactly was it that would have triggered the "attack"? I mean, less than nothing happened that night that you stayed there, so why now? Something must have precipitated it. (Or not...I'm not exactly well versed in the logic behind the behaviour of spirits). Roachford...
  34. F

For a friend

You *THINK*?? Hehehehe.....Return of the amityville horror!! Wonder if they saw a demonic flying pig...:D Roachford...you're gonna kill me with curiosity!! Pls plsplsplspls find out why they decided to forsake the house!!
  35. F

Would You Do It? (Spend a Night in a Haunted Place)

In my mind I'd like to think I would.....but knowing me, I 'm too much of a fraidy cat and a p*ss-pants to be able to do that sort of thing alone :p I'd LIKE to...just dunno if I WOULD. Maybe in a group of abt three or four....hundred poeple.
  36. F

Cursed Songs (Gloomy Sunday, Etc.)

Sarah McLachlan has a version which is quite nice. I've Billie's version of the song too, and it has this haunting quality to it, but it's not going to induce suicide in anyone who isn't already chronically depressed, has hit rock bottom and has started to dig. I think it's all hype, Dan. As...
  37. F

Voyeurs..hehe...yea, right!

'Fraid not, Intaglio. The entire bathroom is tiled in that horrible dull reflectionless stuff. Mind you, I HAVE caught myself out like that a few times. What I thought was something glaring at me from the corner of my eye turned out to be a reflection of myself. Felt a right twit for being...
  38. F

Amityville Horror: Where Do You Stand?

Hold on hold on....lemme see if I understand this properly. Item 1: The Lutzes move in to 112 Ocean Ave and are haunted by an entity Item 2: The Lutzes move out. Item 3: The entity (for reasons of its own) follows the Lutzes and continued to haunt them (I'm going to assume that the entity...
  39. F

For a friend

I'm going to agree with Ted (and every1 else!) here on this. Also, if u could, I'd suggest bringing along at least 1 other person - preferably one who's a little more of a sceptic, someone who'll be able to try and put a rational explaination on things. Also, two people who have similar views...
  40. F

Slipping Through Dimensions

The "glitches" I experience are similar to what Sally seems to experience. For example, I'll have a recollection of a conversation with someone, but then I can't for the life me figure out whether I really had that conversation, whether I made it up in my mind, or whether I dreamed it. It's...
  41. F

Slipping Through Dimensions

Well here's one I can relate to. Quite often I can't seem to be able to tell the difference between the "real" world and the world in my head. Quite often I end up having to ask my friends or family "did that really happen or was it in my mind??" Highly bizarre, and definitely highly annoying.
  42. F

Amityville Horror: Where Do You Stand?

Sure, Stu...we believe you. :p j/k Apparently, the last few (admittedly harrassed) families who've lived there since the Lutz's have all claimed that nothing spooky happens in that house. I must say, I agree with the general consensus on this thead that the Warrens are simply out to...
  43. F

Exorcist report in Strange Online Mag

Oh, I agree that there's nothing wrong with cashing in on a good scare story - and calling it fiction...what I (and many others) find wrong about what the Lutz family did was toting the whole thing as a "True Story" and titled under "possession and demonology research". This did more harm than...
  44. F

Aha....as I thought. The whole Amityville haunting WAS a hoax. The details of the whole case can be read here http://www.amityvillemurders.com/index2.html and here http://www.castleofspirits.com/amityvillehorror.html For those of you too sodding lazy to click the link, here's a short...
  45. F

Uhh....I may be completely wrong, but I was CERTAIN that I read somewhere that the Amityville "haunting" was a complete hoax.... I'll be back after I check Snopes.com (and other sources)
  46. F

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

On the subject of TV's doing weird things, I recall that once, in between adverts, I saw this green alieny thing looking out at me. The image was there for abt 3 seconds, and it looked highly surprised that it could be seen. It reached over, pushed a button and then the next ad came on. Very...
  47. F

Multiple People, Each Using One Finger, Lifting A Person

Dunno if this is gonna be of any good to anyone, but check out this site: http://www.castleofspirits.com/levitation.html As far as I understand, tho, it's more of it being a concerted effort than anything else. But I could be way off the mark here.
  48. F

Mirror is actually around the corner where the basin is....you can't see it from the loo itself. UrbanDruid: I think I'd be a lot more freaked out by someone who CONFIRMED that someone/something was there than just a vague suspicion of being leered at.... but that could be just me.
  49. F

Has anyone had the feeling that they're being watched? While no one else is around? To explain things I'll have to describe the bathroom/toilet in my cousin's house... The room is "U" shaped (well, a very squared off "U", but nonetheless...), with the entry end of the "U" shorter than the...
  50. F

Hypnagogic Voices

Yea, I get that too, oddly enough. I never thought anything of it... I'd rather prefer to think that "it's just the wind." Which it could be, of course. ;)
Back