• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. J

a little tale of poltergeist activity

after several weirdly weird occurances in the hill range where i take him walking-all of which caused him to react as you'd expect when a hound is freaked out (i've put them on here in various places), i tend to use him as a strangeness barometer. i figure if it freaks him out then there's...
  2. J

i think id have been more shook up by the slipper next to the bed, tho if it woke you up it wouldn't make you jump as such but then you're in bed...i find it harder to just shrug stuff off when im in bed-have to get up find the dressing gown, rouse the dog tiptoe downstairs to make sure its not...
  3. J

Rattlebones Inn & Other Pub Names

Nottingham has The old trip to Jerusalem, well worth a visit being partially built into caves underneath notts castle. it was so named as it was a port of call for templars on their way to the crusades.
  4. J

Hardback UFO & Paranormal Books- just pay post & pac

hi thanx. the ones im interested in are: living wonders John Mitchell & Robert Rickard mazes and labyrinths Nigel Pennick round in circles Jim Schnabel alien liason Tim Good above top secret Tim Good photographs of the unknown Robert Rickard & Richard Kelly land of gods and giants Mick...
  5. J

well anything good to tell? i never really had this type of thing till i moved in to this house-not so i'd noticed anyway. i know its not something i can put down to neighbour noise, the walls here are about a foot and a half thick stone, the neighbour is an 87 yr old boy who never moves from...
  6. J

Personal Information In Posts

thanx :D
  7. J

strange how there seems to be rules or some sort of framework set in place for stuff like this- its the same in my house, if you're in the living room then you'll hear (or once see in a reflection) things in the kitchen, or less often the bedrooms directly above. if you're in the basement room...
  8. J

Hardback UFO & Paranormal Books- just pay post & pac

hi. just wondering if these titles are still available please-(obviously not the ones just sold)? jac
  9. J

An OBE—Well Sort Of

well condolences. i have slightly less technical know-how than an oyster so am still impressed when this magic box comes on when i press the power button. for all their wizardry simple discourse is still limited to eloquence and to some extent imagination. i should have made my post clearer...
  10. J

I dreamt of my dog passing a few days before it happened

love this last post :D apart from the two times i've experienced the last goodbye from my dogs, which happened about an hour and then a few hours after they'd shuffled off this mortal coil, and general day-to-day weirdness of cats, and a couple of enlightening but not particularly fortean...
  11. J

An OBE—Well Sort Of

hey macrosblack not too sure if what i meant was what came across, (reading your posts)..i spose the best way i can explain it is a confirmation of a detachment with 'this body' if you like.i was looking at it (albeit the inside part) as a peanut would look at its shell and sortof running a...
  12. J

Ghosts At English Heritage Sites

well having had a bit of a search round it would seem that the clip i think i remember will need more of a technogenius than me to find. As its going back some years, to at least, to about 1990 - possibly 1993/4 the regional news for that time would be tvs which later changed to meridian, (this...
  13. J

Fortean witnesses being evasive

Cochise i think that maybe this is one of the main reasons, that you finally reach a stage where you aren't so bothered by the reactions of the many. i gave up trying to explain any strangeness that i experienced (in whatever form) virtually after the first time anything happened, until i posted...
  14. J

An OBE—Well Sort Of

reminds me a bit of something similar to crisis apparitions, not the same for sure but a similar mechanism maybe internalised instead of external. Ha does that even make sense... gncxx- how did your man in black go, ie did you see him disappear?
  15. J

An OBE—Well Sort Of

This is less an obe more an ibe, and it sounds odd even as im posting it, but if not here then where? Afew years ago i had the misfortune to be involved in a fracas due to a concatenation of events (being in the wrong place at the wrong time) and as the protagonist of said fracas was a good 4...
  16. J

A Dog & Phone Story

On the same topic my hound is also a rescue and has no real strange behavioral quirks except he goes nuts every time he hears an ice-cream van. If we're inside he runs round circling the perimeter and hooting loudly, much to everyone's amusement. If we're outside and one goes past he sits down...
  17. J

excellent find ta, watched both of them. not sure if thats the clip i remember-i was under the impression that the doors were dark wood. however im going back a good few years and how many sets of rattling double doors does 1 castle need? saying that the news report sort of made it sound lke it...
  18. J

dont forget the massive set of wooden doors that shake on their hinges like somethings trying to get in..never saw or heard it tho, just remember seeing it on the local news one time.
  19. J

Classic Archive Merged: Cloaked Beings

didnt wash much with a 12 year old unfortunately...
  20. J

Crying Boy Portrait

no scientific explanation but having mucked about extensively on various farms in my formative years the process i think is like that in a compost bin. On a similar note i have a cookery book from the war that gives instructions on how to build a fireless oven using bales of hay.
  21. J

Bright White Flash In The Sky

well hark at you with your second incident :) My dad was the only person i ever told really in detail up till now coz peoples preconceptions about unexplainable aerial phenomena tends to fixate around silver cigar shapes/triangles/etc. dancing stars just seemd like too much effort to explain...
  22. J

ha. the most surprising thing about the whole episode was the reaction i got from my dad after getting back home, decanting the dogs and obviously wandering around looking a bit shell-shocked. i expected any reaction to such a tale would be unmerciful p**s taking if not ad infinitum, then for a...
  23. J

well although it looked very nice and clean, parquet floors, big windows that let in lots of sun, nice bathroom etc etc after having lived there for a few weeks, not including the incident that i described above, the whole place became less friendly. There were footsteps heard going up and down...
  24. J

not sure if this fits with the general cloaked figures on this thread, but as this wasnt i would say a shadow person, and it was cloaked, it'll have to do. This was about 13 or so years ago, and we were desperately looking for somewhere to live having been made homeless in the property boom of...
  25. J

Figure in peripheral vision

Couldnt resist adding this.. when i lived in a certain location posted about elsewhere on different threads, the accomodation was a flat with 1 bedroom off to one side, a second and the kitchen, off to the other. The front door was on the wall opposite to the kitchen/bedroom wall. In the middle...
  26. J

id find it hard to equate whatever this was with either bugs or birds, they were more of the distance that puts them in the context of star/satellite. i know that without a point of reference 'up there' then you could say its either something big high up or smaller and lower down, but i had...
  27. J

This is amazing-reading a two year old thread with a post by special farces about the four weaving sparks he saw in in the sky in february 1982-(being a techno-dunce i have no idea how to post quotes from somebody else's post :oops: ) I saw this same effect in summertime of either 1984/5...
  28. J

Are The Homeless Always With Us?

well a few years ago i knew someone quite well who was homeless. He had opportunities to take up accomodation again but always ended up going back outside after a couple of weeks for various reasons which basically boiled down to because he felt like it. He seemed quite happy doing the no fixed...
  29. J

The Ghosts Of Animals

It'll be interesting to see if they draw anything more definitive from their search.i was actually thinking of posting on here a couple of weeks ago when i found this thread trawling through the back pages, so here's my two pennorth worth... When i lived at home still we had 3 dogs, an older...
  30. J

well tvm for the heads up on Warwick castle as was considering dragging the squids round there on 1/2 term. Dont think i'll bother now but i will try to get to Bolsover sounds a much more likely proposition and less like a theme park. Dover Castle has to be one of the loveliest places, and the...
  31. J

My only ghost experience

I took that to read that he and the family were the ones parked on the beach, not the cars :)
  32. J

Only just found this post which is a bit long in the tooth but great non the less. Quite a few years ago i lived in one of a row of houses just under Dover Castle on the edge of the woods there. They were apparently the old stable accomodations and were refurbished, it must be approximately 15...
  33. J

Bees Co-Existing / Interacting With Humans

well good luck, i'm sure they'll be most helpful. Actually i'm a bit jealous-i've always liked the idea of keeping bees. Do let us know when you get them to behive themselves and buzz off to pastures greener :lol:
  34. J

Bees Co-Existing / Interacting With Humans

ha no experience sorry, so i cant say anything particularly practical, but there's probably a local bee-keepers association nearby im sure they'd be able to tell you the best way to go and might even offer to help you out given the state of bee populations today. If you cant find anything on...
  35. J

My only ghost experience

well thanks for sharing that-an absorbing read. Can i ask as you said you were more or less of a skeptic before your visitation, do you find that you have any more sympathy with other types of anomalous phenomena since? You say that this was the only time that anything like this this has...
  36. J

Would you buy a Haunted House?

well a few of the properties i've lived in over the years have been already occupied when i moved into them, and tho at first it keeps you on your toes a bit, i find you just tend to get used to it whatever form it takes. Saying that tho there was one property that i literally couldnt wait to...
  37. J

Would you buy a Haunted House?

It's true it would depend entirely on exactly what was doing the haunting...the presence in our house has never bothered us-apart from making us jump every so often-which i take as more of a reminder that they're still here. However something, (not sure if its the same thing) worried my 6ft+...
  38. J

Oakland,California--The Clarke mansion

Good story. :) The bit i found interesting was the old lady's quote on page 4 where she said if she' stood in a certain place she could see glasses start shaking'. And how all three neighbours are experiencing such variations of the same thing. Cracking stuff
  39. J

Ghost Tales From Everyday People

good stories-id definitely be tempted to go back for a visit while the places are empty, just to see what its like... Hypermetropia your story reminded me of about two or three years ago, i was getting ready to call it a night when we had a small localised earthquake, It happened at about 1.15...
  40. J

Strangers Who Seem Familiar?

well im familiar with it now-thanks. Chewed through the first link-wotever next? no doubt it'll be available at stores in the not too distant future, :roll: lucky im in the wrong demographic i think. i'll have to look at the other in the evening when things are slightly less fraught.
  41. J

Ah the other side of the coin. i've done much the same thing, complaining loud and vehemently about some crap comestible in Tescos to what i supposed was my bf only to look up from my diatribe and find he'd wandered off and i'd been earholing some poor random man who was wearing the same colour...
  42. J

ah good, glad its not just me then. There have been occasions when ive bumped into someone who obviously has a much better recollection than i do and have chatted all the while thinking 'aargh wots your name/where do i know you from,' type of thing, but generally after mulling it over for a...
  43. J

Been thinking about posting this although its not especially fortean, just wondered if anyone had experienced something similar? Also looked for a similar thread but was toyed with by the search function. :? A good few years ago i used to livein an inner city area, and every so often whilst...
  44. J

Out Of Body Experiences (OBEs / OOBEs)

well it was these or rather the second dream as that was 'proven' to me sooner and a few other unrelated incidents that planted the conviction that there is more to the human condition that is worth trying to enourage and explore than the accepted number of senses (for want of a better term)...
  45. J

Out Of Body Experiences (OBEs / OOBEs)

the only times that i experienced anything that resembled an oobe i didnt realise until in one instance years later that this was the case. while i was still living at home i had two very vivid dreams that were seperated by at least a few weeks, and must have occured in the early part of the...
  46. J

yes the general shape is the same, tho i couldnt see the tail end well enough to say what type of tail it had. The height would be about right. the thing was (is) baffling and was a bit worrying at the time. After posting i did a bit of reading into local sightings and it seems that there have...
  47. J

Solar Cycles / Solar Flares / Coronal Mass Ejections / Solar Storms

hi i hope this works, never tried to do this before..tried searching to see if a thread already exists, but please move if required. reading breaking news today theres this: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/ ... UA20110806. and then some googling aferwards found this...
  48. J

Predictions for 2011

hi having just read this thread from the start does this mean predictor extrordinaire awards for escargot1 and cavynaut? :) could be signs of microbial life (mattattatt) with suspected water on mars. could that count? (page 2 about 1/2 way down)
  49. J

ah when i said chest high i meant about chest high to me-(not much good at estimating distances/height am afraid). As for the beastie, it was quite thick and compact suggesting muscular-like a badger is muscular or compact. (you get a lot of badger for your money). Its legs were just legs not...
Back