• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Recent sightings in North Wales

Sorry snowman, you will have to ask your mum after all - it looks like someone chucked it away yesterday. It wasn't in todays either :(
  2. S

Recent sightings in North Wales

I don't remember reading it in todays paper. I'll have another looksie tomorrow and get a scan posted :)
  3. S

Scariest Moment

Mating foxes do sound scary though! I just remembered a particularly scary moment as a child. It was my first big holiday abroad to corfu, and late one night me and my brother were awoken by the loudest crashing/smashing noise outside in the shrubs, which from memory looked like bamboo. So we...
  4. S

Weird Photo at York Minster

Looking simply and with my amateur photographers' hat on, it looks out of focus so is closer to the camera, looking at the left side of the organ there is nothing of that size of which light can reflect off, and the up-down elongation suggests it's falling down or flying up. I suppose that...
  5. S

Scariest Moment

A few years ago whilst taking a late evening stroll along a nearby road (typically miles from anywhere and all that) that is very narrow with quite scrubby hedgerows either side. As was my want, I stopped for a moment to light up, and _right_ beside me about 3 feet away there was a...
  6. S

...At The James Randi Educational Foundation

Oh, those pesky kids! Ok, sorry for that folks - normal service can resume :)
  7. S

The Horror Channel

Just skipping through sky a few minutes ago I noticed a new channel that caught my eye - The Horror Channel. You can find it's blue screen of death on channel 330, in the gulf between sky sports and TCM (whatever that is). It promises: - I hope they don't use all the good stuff in the...
  8. S

Government knew 911 attack in advance

Alleged 'Flight 175' Fires Missiles upon World Trade Center before Impact?
  9. S

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

http://www.forteantimesmag.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=371533#post371533 :)
  10. S

Princess

http://www.trioplus.tv/plus/princess/ep01.swf (1.9 meg) http://www.trioplus.tv/plus/princess/ep02.swf (1.1 meg) Very funny indeed, and I've been humming the theme tune all day :chuffed: Pwincess... yhes! To be more precise though, shockwave gave them broad production guidelines, and...
  11. S

Nailed To A Tree: The Warning & Ban Log

Lucianarchy has now been banned for repeatedly breaching FTMB rules and guidelines
  12. S

Can I remind members that using secondary aliases in order to harass or flame is unacceptable; your alias will be banned as will your normal account.
  13. S

Again, At The James Randi Educational Foundation

It seems that some of you still don't get it. Now, before I start treating you all like children I'd strongly urge you all to calm down, stop being so bloody argumentative, and respect each others opinions. We wouldn't want the thread locked, would we?
  14. S

Mel Gibson: Antisemite?

Bump!
  15. S

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion

Bump! Zionist protocols merged
  16. S

Remote Viewing Experiments (How To; Conducted Online)

Nope, you can only attach image files up to 50k
  17. S

Weight Of The Soul

Bump! Two souls merged :)
  18. S

The Gaia Hypothesis

My interpretation is somewhat similar to that outlined by Connor; it's a nice eco-friendly take on gestaltism, that the earth is more than just a bunch of rocks and people, but TBH that's purely anthropomorphism. Either that or we need to define what an organism actually is, but that's...
  19. S

Black Holes

AFAIK, as the space-time compression at the star/blackhole manifold would be arbitrarily large enough to negate any initial velocity or trajectory differential. Size or mass or the star wouldn't be a problem either. However, the temporal problems would be interesting as an observer would see...
  20. S

Again, At The James Randi Educational Foundation

Enough. Ersby has every right to feel slighted at Lucianarchy's post when he/she can't defend their position, so I say to Lucianarchy, leave off. We, and the folks over at JREF both realise this is both unhelpful and counterproductive; they have their bailiwick, and we ours. Cross-message...
  21. S

Spam (and the Sender Theory)

Berkshire, Marriott, wireless, touch and comment - the weaknesses of Bayesian filters :)
  22. S

Windows source code leaked:

Properties p = new Properties(); p.setProperty("com.exln.dxe.adminhost", [IP_ADDRESS_OF_XIS_SERVER]); p.setProperty("com.exln.dxe.adminport", "1050"); p.setProperty("com.exln.dxe.iorport", "[IORPORT_NUMBER"); try { this.session = XlnClientSessionFactory.getSession(p); if (this.session == null) {...
  23. S

Pig Meat! Pig Meat! A Defence Against Suicide Bombers

oops, didn't notice this one - two anti-terrorism pig threads merged :) [edit] p.s. Snopes is undetermined! (much as I dislike them)
  24. S

Pig Meat! Pig Meat! A Defence Against Suicide Bombers

I'm pretty sure US airlines did this (well, a dead pig in the hold) in the early 70's to deter Muslim terrorists
  25. S

Ancient Flyer Found

Bump! Merged two ancient insect threads
  26. S

Hail Countermeasures: Hail Cannons, Etc.

Mercedes use a very similar technique, by seeding clouds before they pass over their massive outdoor carpark, all in preference to building a large garage :)
  27. S

The Tit Seen Round the World

I must admit seeing parallels between JJ's nip ring and a borg implant :goof:
  28. S

Hitler's Welsh girlfriend

I hear he resisted her suggested title of Maen camll
  29. S

To NOT boldly go!

Full story
  30. S

James Randi—Discuss

Just edited the original post incase BB isn't about :)
  31. S

Patriot Act 2 RE:202

Thanks for the heads-up Bill. So, on that note, I think this thread has degenerated enough for me to throw away the tin-foil plated key.
  32. S

Addendum: - The Mod Team would like to remind all members that if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of being banned, either coming back and using a moribund alias, or using another members account (e.g. a friend's), would see the other account(s) you use also being banned...
  33. S

Hugo Cornwall has been issued an Official warning for inflammatory posts
  34. S

Gary Stretch & People With Very Stretchy Skin

Google says it's Ehler Danlos Syndrome, somewhat misspelt here :)
  35. S

Babylon 5

As long as it's better than The Legend of the Rangers or Crusade, I'm all for it :)
  36. S

'Ata' (Atacama Humanoid): Chilean Micro-Humanoid Corpse

Bumpitty bump - two tiny humanoid threads merged
  37. S

The BBC & Television Licensing Propaganda

So you're saying that as I have SKY I don't need a licence? :confused:
  38. S

All hail King Michael I of the UK..?

Bump! Two King Mike threads merged :)
  39. S

Mars Exploration 1: Unmanned Missions (Probes; Rovers; etc.)

http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/spirit001.html http://origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/spirit/20040104a.html Also some pretty nice photos :)
  40. S

Genetic Variation and Parthenogenic Beasties

Shit, lost a post AGAIN IIRC Parthenogenesis occurs in species with a higher gene count, so when mitosis occurs there is a greater diversity after the second cell split I suppose there does come a point of reaching diminishing returns, but I'd guess as there would be a quadrillion...
  41. S

The Chicken Or The Egg

oof, I can't add a poll - give me a day or two and I'll try and sort it
  42. S

Drugs: Creative Aid Or Hindrance?

Please - enough of the pettiness. Any more crud and this is being locked.
  43. S

When Desperate Diners Attack!

Desperate Diners Attack Trapped Fat Lady With Plastic Forks Link is dead. The MIA item can be accessed via the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20031120093801/http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/wwn/20031117/106908120003.html Here is the full text: :wince:
  44. S

Mr Urdd

rofl :chuffed:
  45. S

Rude rock

In a similar vein, a mate used to work in the village bakery and after a few weeks became really bored, and made all the cheese & onion pasties phallus shaped :)
  46. S

Dead Like Me (TV Series)

I refuse to watch it in the basis that she always has a face like a slapped arse, has that changed? If so I may start to watch it!
  47. S

Projectiles Pound Plastic Pigs

To be fair, BRF was referring to the army being given dummy pigs rather than dummy people :p
  48. S

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

Bump! Two moon hoax threads merged
Back