• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. J

The Broad Haven Triangle / Ripperston Farm Case

Some of the incidents from the Broadhaven Triangle UFO flap always struck me as rather peculiar ... Never really understood why an intrepid UFOnaut would come all that way just to stand pressed up against the Coombs family's living room window on the off chance that he could give them a good...
  2. J

The Almas

Story and photos here Dunno what to make of this - the picture of the foot doesn't look particularly human to me. It seems to have claws (though they could just be matted hair). I'm no zoologist, but could it be a bear's paw? I'm sure I've heard somwhere that bears can leave human-like...
  3. J

Rudston Monolith

The Rudston Monolith, a few miles to the West of Bridlington, is the tallest prehistoric standing stone in Britain, at 25 feet high. From the look of the damage to the top, it may once have been even taller. The name "Rudston" suggests that it may have been christianised by having a cross added...
  4. J

Morrissey killed Princess Diana!

This has got to be the most bonkers Diana theory yet! Click! Someone's got way too much time on their hands...
  5. J

"Billies" and "Charlies"

Just thought I'd let everyone know that we've got another ghostwatch coming up at the hostel on the 26th. Maybe we'll get more convincing evidence than the fuzzy blobs that showed up on camera last time! My assistant's doing the setting up, as its his sort of thing, and he says someone from the...
  6. J

New BBC dvds

Here's a link to the new BBC Learning project; limited edition, mail order only releases from the BBC Archives. Judging from what people have said on other threads, I reckon a few of us could find the following of interest! The first three releases are Peter Cushing as Sherlock Holmes in The...
  7. J

Tonight's the night...

Well folks, I'm expecting an investigation team from the Hampshire Ghost Club here at the youth hostel tonight, to see if we can get any evidence of any of the reputed hauntings in this place. Having spent the last two nights on my own in this ancient, creaking manor house, I was getting a...
  8. J

Usborne's 'Unexplained' Series & Other Children's Supernatural Books

Does anyone else of a certain age have memories of these from the 70s? I had three slim A4 paperbacks, covering ghosts, UFOs and monsters. At the age of six I read them until they were falling apart, and they really set me off on the whole fortean / unexplained thing (got a lot to answer for...
  9. J

The Stone Tape (TV Play)

I've just got the long-awaited release of this classic 1972 TV play on DVD, and I'd love to know what other peeps think of it. Also, did Nigel Kneale coin the phrase "Stone Tape", along with the theory that buildings can somehow record traumatic events or memories, giving rise to some ghosts...
  10. J

What Was Your First Interest In Fortean Topics?

All the postings on the Childhood Terrors thread (https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/childish-terrors.131/) got me thinking about how people first developed an interest in all this stuff. In my case, growing up in the 70s, it was a mixture of things: 1: My dad loved (and still loves)...
Back