• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

When It Happend, It Happend

Ok so your snared by the whole demonic goat thing and your soul is damned for eternity. But on the upside you can start a nice little business selling organic speciality cheeses. Every cloud etc.
  2. A

So we have moved house

My current home (15 years) had the drip and even the occasional inexplicable small puddle. Once it realised I wasn't going to act on the wind up it kind of gave up. Mind you it wasn't just drips, nothing dangerous but getting goose bumps just reflecting on it :(
  3. A

Regarding Oil pit squid

If it was summer and the toilet had not been flushed in weeks it would be dry, assuming a siphon type valve. If it was some other type of valve then maybe it was leaky and some kind of mini habitat had formed with water borne larvae of some insect. Anyway yuk, but preferable to some I've...
  4. A

Is This Coincidence, Fate... Or Something Else?

Dreams about houses and rooms are (or at least we're) about the person dreaming them - e.g. The house is you and hidden or closed rooms were experiences or traits suppressed and so on. Perhaps the reported treatment of this poor woman's demise, and official closure seemed insufficient at the...
  5. A

Virgin Birth (Parthenogenesis; Asexual Reproduction)

I wouldn't be too surprised if mammalian parthenogenesis was possible under certain circumstances. I think lab experiments with gene deletion have resulted in this so surely natural variance has or could do the same. No one is going to believe the poor girl though.
  6. A

Anomalous photography exercise

Totally agree its so hard to get a pic of transient stuff. I had an issue with a series of dramatically low flying aircraft* all having to go WOT to miss my home by less than 30m. I had their register numbers by eye for complaint but NO chance by camera. If ET had flown past, slowly mooning me...
  7. A

Radio station coincidence

The other day I was in traffic stationary outside the Hastings Jerwood Gallery when on Radio 2 they gave out a shout to the staff of Jerwood Hastings. Now as I'm not that often in that exact area and I have never heard that show mention these guys previously I suspect the chances are pretty...
  8. A

JFK Information From 'Beyond'

No such thing as a left or right handed scope sight, possible there was an offset in the mount but that wouldn't matter. With the correct ammunition the carcano is a fairly accurate rifle - they were all tested at the factory to meet a specification tighter than most other European military...
  9. A

Strange Light/Object on a Mountain in the Himalayas (photo)

I'm no expert on weather balloons but I have seen one (a balloon with electronic payload) and it was mirror finished, a kind of Mylar I think.
  10. A

The Cash/Landrum UFO Case

I've always thought that given the reported airforce helicopters and the radiation effects that a nuclear jet or nuclear thermal rocket was involved. These had been developed in the preceding couple of decades and the projects shelved - or had they...
  11. A

Blakes 7

Fingers crossed it makes it this time and we get the dark feel it was always meant to have. No happy endings required.
  12. A

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I've had similar. For a period of 2 weeks or so I would experience an external flash while driving home in the evenings, never quite in the same place twice. It was like going through a speed camera and setting it off. It was definitely outside the car and directed towards it like a camera...
  13. A

If Poltergeists be ghosts....

I'm not sure that they do all act in the same way or are consistant. If we believe reports some only throw or materialise stones, other water, some stack chairs and others are physically hostile or abusive etc. etc. Telekenisis doesn't fit the bill always as artefacts appearing from the past...
  14. A

little piles of white powder

Rub the powder on your gums in the style of a seventies cop show and tell us if it tingles. Is this running marker thing regional? doesnt happen here and sounds like a crock. Clearly they dont run in wind or rain.
  15. A

Was there something in the mist?

I'm in danger of raining on a parade here but what has been described is a patch of very dense fog and temporary disorientation. Ever sat in a stationary train and felt it was moving when another train went past? Round my way I have had wierder, very highly localised weather several times -...
  16. A

A change in UFO shape over the past few decades

I have 2 close ups, one seems old fashioned the other modern. The modern was a really big, slow triangle sneaking across the sky. I think it could be human. The silly was a blimp like silver thing. Was crazy but watched it for a while and it just hovered there like a 50s reject. Was over the...
  17. A

I dreamt of a high profile assassination

There is also an episode of the 'Professionals' where a Royal is targeted at Wimbledon. I had a dream where I was a bodyguard on the grassy knoll and Reagan was shot at by Oswald who was travelling in a car with Marylin Monroe and I killed them both. Doesn't make it real does it?
  18. A

Why DID the Chicken Cross The Road

When we consider the millions of miles of road and the millions of chickens in the world the meeting of the two is probable or indeed inevitable. By attaching significance to this event we are perhaps revealing something of ourselves. When we ask "why?" are we really asking about avian travel...
  19. A

Torchwood: Dr Who Spin-Off With Captain Jack

Oh dear I think I can see where this is going..... So far we have been kept in the dark as to motive - with the obvious hint that Jack is different (by which I mean Jack is the motive). Now I think it is laid bare. It may not be all the parts but I think its enough for the general direction...
  20. A

The Dog That Leaped Out Of My Wall

That really freaks me out!
  21. A

Not Quite An IHTM

OK this is one removed. It happened to another not to me so I can't quickly answer questions. My wifes friend sadly lost her husband last year. Last week she was in a jewelers when a woman (another customer) approached her and said "you love rubies dont you"? Somewhat taken aback by the...
  22. A

OK another episode that limps ahead. Compared with the pace of say - CSI New York its glacial. I still think that whatever the derivitive point (I don't think its as innovative as quatermass or soylent green - to me its just smartly padded outdated ideas of people being marginalised for being...
  23. A

Crop Circles

Yes if your impressed with people with planks of wood relying on years of practice. I'm not.
  24. A

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

I have the same thing in the colouration of my right eye, always have. Plenty of other kids had oddities too. DNA tests for all kids of the right age with a certain eye coloration across the world?? Hell at least you could seperate out the boys :?
  25. A

So so sad. Just caught up on plus. Wonderful production*, great american settting. WTF is going on - is it all just a lame macguffin to allow Barrowman to 'age' a bit. I think it probably is. Clumsy emoting in males - whoever the subject of inetrest. Especially when there are good female...
  26. A

Birth Order (Among Siblings) & Its Effects (Personality, Beliefs, Etc.)

I am a first child. I recognise other first children - no joke, its clear and obvious. My partner is firstborn. ALL my previous partners, and really good friends have been firstborn, without deliberate choosing. IMO subsequest children are seriously different in terms of reliance and...
  27. A

Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story

Strange. People do seem to be confusing size of debt with ability to service said debt. The two are very, very different. :roll: So product development and manufacture in UK may be many 100s% more than China. How do you force UK manufacture? Get a grip, never gonna happen outside of...
  28. A

Those Rubber Strips on Cars

Syncronicity - but I just saw a German registered mobile home with something like a broom on the back. It was almost the whole width of the truck and the bristles were very soft. Something for the same purpose?
  29. A

Mystery of Rome's Jigsaw Skeleton

Very Wierd - could almost be a viral for a movie. Linky here includes pics sky news article Which shows the site of the body(s) is overlooked by a block of offices or apartments.
  30. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

For a while i thought it was just me. After such a great penultimate episode it was - for me - rather a flop. I predict an episode where plastic Rory catches up with the happy(ish) couple. His love trancending Big Bang 2. Right now its Alex Kingston I'm looking forward to. I have reached a...
  31. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I thought it was choc full of fanboy references - the cyberman head like a spider was straight out of The Thing (Carpenters 1982 version), Stonehenge was a nod to Quatermass IV. The ending that is impossible to get out of is also somewhat like the saturday morning serials at the movies where you...
  32. A

Hair Colour & Personality (Redheads: Fact & Fiction)

Just dipped into this thread from the beginning. What a load of twaddle . Replace red haired with dark skinned and see how (much of the early) stuff reads and consider if it would have run to so many pages. People actually prejudge a potential friend or mate on the basis of frikken HAIR...
  33. A

Protopterygotes / Sky Rods / Sky Fish

Rods == insects. Period.
  34. A

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Caution - spoilers are in white. Edit: Spoiler colour hexed. P_M I hadn't noticed all the small clues like posters etc. but I did note that the unknown TARDIS type ship had a working chameleon circuit. Could that indicate either a prototype from an unspecified (The Doctor? I have found the...
  35. A

Panic at the bakery

Obese is surely a medical term and not inherently derogatory? Or is to notice a non optimum body mass prejudicial? Given that the 'animal' parts of the brain will be very concerned with what are, in purely biological terms, negative traits its not too suprising that it registers on some...
  36. A

Large Hadron Collider (LHC)

Re: You asked for pictures!! Wow! you must be very, very proud of your son. I suspect that he also had a family that supported and allowed him to be be what he is now so kudos to you too. Can I just say WOW!! again?
  37. A

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

Just to answer a your points 1) Total cobblers. Original recordings in what way? I can see transferring the recordings onto more durable and multiple media then the originals decaying after 69'. Also in 'Carrying the Fire' (Micheal Collins 1974) Micheal clearly has access to telemetry...
  38. A

Noah's Ark: The Vessel (Feasibility; Resting Place; Remains)

How does this wooden structure fit in with the Mesopotamian story, which became the account in the Old Testament of Noah's Ark in the Book of Genesis? In that the ark is round and made of reeds.
  39. A

Dreaming Of The Dead

Please, please, please don't think I'm being glib. But dreams that involve teeth are meant to be related to ageing and death (losing teeth and so on) I often dream of of teeth loss, but then I'm 40 something and have lost family so its par for the course.
  40. A

Star Wars

Hmmmmm............ Left it is you want....... if the darkside you seek....... so right is the path for you. Not sure I'd want the Yoda :lol:
  41. A

Nissan Leaf Electric Car

Just to throw in another problem with hydrogen, it has a very poor energy density by volume. The problems of storage, transport and decanting are not inconsiderable. Storage of cryogenic slush, keeping it cool in vehicle and the dangers of urban refuelling stations are just a few things...
  42. A

Richard Dawkins

I realise its probably just me, but did it cross anyone elses mind that the bid by Dawkins and Hitchens re: arrest of the Pope could be related to the recent leaking of the inflammatory foreign office leak? By which I mean the powers that be, worried by the Pinoche precedent are trying to...
  43. A

Richard Dawkins

I'd have thought a very small sample of a miniscule sub section of the English speaking population of the world who were interested enough to respond, and therefore representative of bugger all. :roll:
  44. A

The X-Files

Got to agree on that. The film (if not the reports) did suggest the fear of the 'alien' quite well.
  45. A

Absurd ghosts

Now if I was a polt, animating a chicken out of the chilled section would be right up my street. I'd see if I could make it moonwalk. I would also do the potato dance from Chaplins Gold Rush until people were sick of it. Me I thought the haunting of an aircraft galley oven (see 'The Ghost of...
  46. A

Are space shuttles armed?

Mythbusters showed that the idea of explosive decompression was bogus. They took a scrap airliner, pressurised it and then shot the skin and windows - result was just a small air leak. Far more danger in hitting a critical system - although there will be redundancy in those systems.
  47. A

I agree. Given that anti-satellite (and implicitly anti-shuttle) weapons are mostly missiles a point defense system like a radar guided minigun would be a good idea should the political situation turn nasty. It would also work nicely at turning other peoples spy-sats into scrap too. I can't...
  48. A

Russian cosmonauts carry firearms as part of their survival kit but the Americans seem not to. There is a gun aboard the ISS. I don't think the shuttle is armed, but I wouldn't be suprised to find that some sort of weapon pod existed for fitting in uncertain times - a minigun / Phalanx system...
  49. A

Radiation's Health Effects (EM; RF; Nuclear; Mobile Tech; Etc.)

I'm sure people realise that mobiles run on very different frequencies depending on the country and operator used, and that the phone throttles back the power to the lowest usable level to conserve the battery, dont they? For example the same phone could output 0.2W at 900MHz or 2W at 1.9GHz...
  50. A

Strange Orange Lights And Black Triangular Craft (UK; 2009)

I can understand Mookstas frustration at not being believed. He reports it was the size of a hand at arms length with lights the size of coins and round corners and it gets dismissed instantly as lanterns and apophenia? I saw a triangle , but without the illuminated corners. It was between...
Back