• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

FT155

Ripper Off I wish to register a complaint! I buy FT every month and was excited to learn that the forthcoming issue would be about Jack the Ripper. I find the subject fascinating (though gruesome) and was very keen to read the FT angle on this now legendary story. Lovely cover again setting...
  2. S

Giant Spiders (Ukraine, Peru, Cumbria & Elsewhere)

Twas ar! Them am bostin' tho, ay thay? Bob'owlers. ah Cah gerrinuff of em I cah. Tadarabit.
  3. S

Midnight / Candle / Mirror Myth & Bloody Mary Game

Where is the Bloody Mary site? It's not on the post recommending it. I would like to view the site. It's one of those things that I think is complete arse but would never do, just in case I'm wrong.
  4. S

Then you really are missing out mate. Spread the word, introduce the word in a conversation with some of your 'crew'. You will be the talk of the town with your new word and the people will love and follow you. By the way, I'm thirty years old and have known about Bobhowlers for years as...
  5. S

'Ghost Video' On Art Bell's Site

It's almost paranormally poor! It is so clearly a mark on the windscreen for longer than it is a 'ghostly' image. Bless Art Bell and his ways.
  6. S

Which Fortean Phenomena Scares You The Most?

I am a massive fan of Moth Man and Owl Man, I'm not sure why, probably the reason is due to the enduring images seen as a child. I remember going to my local bookshop in Torquay (which now has no bookshops at all, a telling sign in the demise of a town) and getting a few books on the...
  7. S

Yup, I have to say that this spider story is for the birds. A spider cannot grow much bigger than the Bird Eating Spider as it would collapse under it own weight and it would suffocate due to lack of oxygen. Insects, arachnids and other animals were sometimes a lot bigger in prehistory but...
  8. S

Uri Geller

No he's not. No disrespect to the FT editors but just because someone goes along to a 'show' and then says 'It is real, I say so' doesn't really carry any water. Also, one of the things I love about Fortean Times is the fact that it lets the reader make up their own mind. Uri Gellar is...
  9. S

Uri Geller

Oh.
  10. S

Ghost Photo ('Gripping Hands'; Australia; 1975)

Yes, very much so. Despite the bravado of my last post, it is actually quite an unpleasant image. I suppose what is even more worrying is that someone went to the trouble of making it.
  11. S

Your First FT

My first copy of FT was the issue with some guy with a mouth ful of billiard balls. I must say that I was not that happy with the newer version of Fortean Times. The glossy, over designed look didn't really suit the content. I much prefered the old style of mag' that gave you the impression...
  12. S

Ghost Photo ('Gripping Hands'; Australia; 1975)

Surely the photo of that little girl is not a fake? It looks so real, I dunno, you sceptics. "I want to believe"
  13. S

Uri Geller

I've got to say I think Uri Geller is rubbish. I mean, if he can control things with his mind then how do you explain his hair?
Back