• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

Ghost Cats

A couple of weeks ago I took one of my two kittens to a friends' house so that she could take him to the vet to be neutered around 9 am at which time I would be at work. This was the first time the kitten had been out of my sight or his sister's sight ever since birth. Since the male kitten was...
  2. L

Something on my bed

had similar experience a couple nights ago.. i was sleeping on my friends sofa and i felt a weight next to me which woke me up. i opened my eyes and saw a big black shadow. the shadow sort of fell on top of me and i couldnt breathe- i was trying to pray but no words were coming out. i then...
  3. L

Your All-Time Favourite Ghost Photos

ew i am scared to death of ghost pics and i wont even look at em without all the lights on and someone next to me claiming that they're fakes. I saw a picture once of an old woman standing next to someones bed..but the old woman was a ghost and it totally freaked me out. if i had the guts i'd...
  4. L

Mars Conspiracies

government agent.. wow, i can tell you that my father works at the cia and my xhusband is in the USAF, and both being government type employees, the most they could tell you about anything is that they don't know anything that goes on, and if they did they wouldnt tell you. and according to...
  5. L

Panic! Or, How I Ran and Hid Like a Girl...

drum circle? i get tgether with a few hippies (which i am not) on ceratin nights of the year in the woods for a drum circle. theres usualyl a few fluteish instrumetns and no one usualyl knows we're there so i guess a passer by could get scared. its not scary thogu, just a buch of weirdos...
  6. L

Mount Lassen, 4 bigfoot pictures.

wow... pic #4 looks so fake that you'd think they wouldnt let anyone see it. Bigfoot looks like he just returned from the hair salon, all shiny and sleek. Wow, Bigfoot would you like to sponsor my new line of hair conditioning products? I assumed you'd be covered in feces or something. :roll:
  7. L

Blood of the dinosaurs

yucky dino stuff seems kind of unlikely that this is really dino tissue. I bet its some kind of fungus or something? i hope it is from the trex but...im staying skeptical until i hear more. and i'm neverskeptical so thats saying a lot!
  8. L

People You Thought Were Dead

We just predict celebrity death! MY husband and I for some reason always seem to mention really obscure celebrities or ones that we havent mentioned in years and then they die a few days later. For example recently we mentioned ODB (ol' dirt bastard, aka big baby jesus haha) and Christopher...
  9. L

The Synaesthesia Thread

MY sister and I always think in color I am so excited to see this thread- my sister and I always think in color and if we are trying to describe something or we forget a word for something we say it "reminds me of dark green" and can usually guess what the other is talking about. We have color...
  10. L

US Draft 2005?

i dont think its true I am not so sure that is is true- my husband is in the USAF and they are trying desperately to get people OUT of the military by using a Palas-Chaise (sp?) program that allows airmen to get out early with an honorable discharge. I dont know much about it but i think they...
  11. L

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

every night i have vivid dreams Yuck, I have had that dream so many times..I usually end up going on stage and improvising and not doing so badly after all. ANYWAY I have very vivid dreams every single night (and during naps) that are usually very stressful and nightmarish. My...
  12. L

The Elliott Smith Mystery

:-( ah one of my favorite artists :( elliott smith was into drugs and had been depresed for many years but to stab yourself in the heart is quite the way to go. I remember a story recently about a teenager who got in a fight with his parents and ran into a wall, killing himself with a...
  13. L

Romero's Dead Films

Re: Re: dawn of the dead but dont you love eyeballs popping and tarantulas attacking? hahha hes cheesy but like I said i see every zombie movie. However i have to agree with you somewhat...none of his movies make any sense at all. but i <3 gore
  14. L

Romero's Dead Films

dawn of the dead oh now this thread is what i'm talking about. I LOVE zombie movies, even the really really bad ones that you know were made cause they are cheaper than any other horror movie. I think I have 26 zombie movies and only about 5 are actually watchable more than once. For...
  15. L

Chessie

I'm from Maryland, where the Chesapeake Bay also is. I dont know ANYONE who takes the Chessie stuff seriously... Also, there WAS a manatee caught in the bay a few years ago (maybe 1996/7?) that everyone called CHESSIE, so no matter what scientists say is "unlikely" there really was one in...
  16. L

Weird Animal Sightings

Re: Re: STAG PARTY Ah. We are from the states and we call them "dog deer" because they are the size of labradors. ;-)
  17. L

a cryptozoological television series

ooh animal x animal x is worth watching..so far since i have discovered it they have talked about the Naga, Nessie, Bigfoot, Chinese Wild man and lots more. Its mostly witness testimony and stuff but still keeps me watching. Better than Most Haunted, anyway..
  18. L

Goatman

Re: Goatman WAS Bigfoot! I am from the city in Maryland where the supposed "goatman" is from. The whole belief started with several dead dogs found still in their back gardens or on chains in the suburban area. There are many people who claim to see Goatman in the abandoned TB hospital in...
  19. L

Weird Voice in Bedroom!!

exactly!! yeah, same here... and i have been seriously stressed out b/c of work. maybe we have Buddy Holly and Janis Joplin soothing our nerves/ haha
  20. L

A 'Manta-Ray' Flying Creature In The Lake District?

ew wow imagine if one of those "flying creatures" took a little potty break on your vehicle. and i complain about the birds in the trees over my car. shheesh.
  21. L

Mysterious Organic Mass In Irish Lake

algae or .. yeah its always algae or some kind of chemical waste that gets caught between layers like oil, water and vinegar. gross. and for the record....
  22. L

Weird Voice in Bedroom!!

one more weird thing i have been known to do other weird things at night other than talking in my sleep... but mainly when I was a child i'd wake up in the middle of the night and draw these amazing pictures, always of horses .. that i drew very quickly and that were WAY beyond my 6 year old...
  23. L

Weird Voice in Bedroom!!

rather not know haha my neighbor lives alone with a cat, actually...therefore if it were me hearing him .. doing his business alone in there .. i'd rather it be a ghost!
  24. L

Weird Voice in Bedroom!!

The other night I was lying in bed and was on the verge of falling asleep when I heard a distinct female voice quickly sing! It was just a "AHH-ahh" kind of song, but it woke me up immediately and my dog barked! He is a greyhound so he doesnt bark unless he is truly startled or being...
  25. L

Weird Animal Sightings

STAG PARTY Once when traveling down a back road toward Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk I saw 8 HUGE bucks, (at least 2.5 metres high at the withers) no females at all..with full antlers (complete with hanging "velvet" and tree branches and leaves in between them) all prancing around a large empty...
  26. L

Dragons: Evidence They Existed

who knows? What if whales become extinct in the next few centuries and the word "whale" then comes to mean "crazy sea monster" like "dragon" has been turned into "fire breathing scaly thing" when maybe back then it just meant "snake" ? Maybe the translation has changed and the names make us...
  27. L

Disputed Provenance For Renowned Historical Items

lots of fakes in Baltimore Maryland they used to show a ship called the Constallation that they gave you a tour of as an American Naval war vessel dating to 1757 and it cost a good amount of $ to go on the tour. Then about 1991 they admitted that it was a total fake, and that they had created...
  28. L

The Subjective Nature Of Reality

dreams as reality and vice versa I remember reading something once about a woman who was so convinced that her dreams were her reality and they moved in a chronological order and made so much sense that she even got married in her dreams, had a family and a house etc. She actually lived out...
Back