• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Eyespy

Barrow Lands

We went to a superb talk last night by David Abrams about Barrows and his aerial photography by drone of archeological sites. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for his talks and his book “Barrowlands” is beautiful and interesting , but don’t buy on Long River as authors only get pence ! he...
  2. Eyespy

Canine Monster

I have posted this here as it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else- Mods please move it if you have a better place! This is the Roy Dog, who lurks in caves around Portland Bill. He preys on smugglers, sailors and fishermen. He has one red eye and one green and if you look closely at him you will...
  3. Eyespy

Stacking Stones, Pile Of Pebbles

In the last few years when we were allowed out to play I noticed small stacks of pebbles or occasionally larger stones often near water. I assumed this was some kind of art and even attempted a few myself. Roll forward to last July to a trip to Isafjord in iceland where there were several...
  4. Eyespy

Where Does Dirt Come From?

This is a question asked of me by my son, aged about 7- I was doing A level Archeology at the time and he was browsing my aeriel photographs, home work. he asked why all the Archeology stuff was buried underground- who buried it? I explained that soil builds up and deposits on buildings and...
  5. Eyespy

Persistent Nagging From Beyond

I have drifted here from the" two nights, two mediums" thread. Several times in my life I have been subject to what I can only describe as nagging from another plane. The most recent involved a persistent ( think small child/ icecream scenario) almost audible voice telling me that I must give...
  6. Eyespy

Beyond Beastly: A New Exhibition At BRLSI (Bath)

Just a heads up that the Beyond Beastly exhibition has opened at the Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution, Queens square Bath. Small but perfectly formed exhibition looking at the natural history behind some of our favourite mythical beasties. Unicorn horn, snake stones and very small...
  7. Eyespy

I Held The Eye Of (A) God

Saturday was a very odd day, I held the eye of a god . It was very cold and smooth. I help organise a coffee morning for local intelligentsia which can sometimes be a bit challenging. Last week a dear lady who is a regular bought a few treasurers with her to show to other members, one of them...
Back