• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

Sunken Antiquity: Ancient Sites Flooded By Rising Sea Levels

Check a book called Atlantis Of The North by Jurgen Spanuth published in 1979.
  2. A

UFO lights could be sky lanterns.

Happened a few weeks ago in Harrogate.Reports of ufos.Turned out tobe lanterns released at a party a couple of miles out of town which had blown into Harrogate.
  3. A

Butterfly Soul

At my mother in law's funeral a butterfly appeared in churh during the service.When the service ended and the churh doors were opened the butterfly flew out over the coffin
  4. A

The Pyramids Of Giza

Perhaps the outer casings( now missing) were inscribed?
  5. A

Moments of great clarity

It happened to me when I was about 10 or 11 yrs old.I was sitting in a classroom on a fine summers day and suddenly had this great feeling of elation and that I knew the answer to everything.Then just as quickly it was gone.It's a hell of a long time since I was 10 but the memory has stayed...
  6. A

The Transdimensional Gas Station

Or it could be "Operation Trojan Horse". Keele reached the conclusion that we were dealing with ultra terrestrials rather than extra terrestrials
  7. A

Magnetic Cures & Remedies

Sounds as if they did some kind of acupressure treatment Zulu
  8. A

The Rosary, The Romany & The DIY

The bagua I have (purchased at a Chinese store) does have a mirror at the centre.According to my wife and her family(Chinese) the mirror is to deflect negative energies and is placed on the outside of the house
  9. A

The Rosary, The Romany & The DIY

A bit like the Chinese Bagua mirror then,deflecting negative energes
  10. A

ESP / Remote Viewing / Telepathy Experiment

A DVD or CD ????
  11. A

Two Stories

Hi The ghost photo you are talking about was taken by Reverend Lord at the church at Newby Hall near Ripon.You will find details on The Ghost Thread under favourit ghost photos (I think)
  12. A

The Philadelphia Experiment

Why haven't you got the "It's a crock of shit" alternative?
  13. A

Thornborough: Stonehenge Of The North!?

My son's band (Mulholland) are playing this event Gyrtrash. It looks like being a good one !
  14. A

The Newby Church Ghost Photograph (AKA: *That* Ghost Photo)

Newby Monk For what it's worth I knew the reverend Lord and he was not the kind of guy who would have been involved in a hoax
  15. A

A Warning Sign ('Buffalo Toast')

What a half baked theory !!!!
  16. A

Panic! Or, How I Ran and Hid Like a Girl...

Hi Jack Can you tell us the location where this event took place?
  17. A

The Real Da Vinci Code

I found the programme a damn sight more entertaining than The DaVinci Code. I always found HBHG a bit dodgy, full of ifs & buts & therefores and some of the books that followed in the same genre were even worse. I was more disappointed by the Rennes le chateau & Sauniere de-bunking. I was...
  18. A

Erotic Dream. Anybody Got Any Ideas As To Its Significance?

What the hell has a spider got to do with The Morrigan ?????
  19. A

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

I met a guy in Dundee of all places who went to school in Cambodia with Pol Pot!
  20. A

Blacksmiths and the devil

I wonder if perhaps the blacksmith was so valuable to his community that he was deliberately lamed to stop him clearing off to another tribe/village for better perks ????
  21. A

Crocus Fields and The Knights Templar

'Tis indeed. There is a record of saffron in England sometime around the 8th Century but it then seems to have disappeared.General concensus seems to be that the crusaders brought it back with them,presumably along with the plant itself
  22. A

Hitler and the Eltanin Antenna

Well said F le D !!!!
  23. A

Hitler and the Eltanin Antenna

Hi DR M I understood that he believed himself to be a reincarnation of Heinrich The Fowler Duke of Saxony
  24. A

Taoist Magic?

See if you can get hod of a book by Eva Wong "The Shambhala Guide to Taoism."She covers the complete history of the religion from its Shamanistic origins to divination and alchemy.
  25. A

chinese/taoist artifact

Hi Shambles Please try sending the photo again. I take it the legend you refer to is the story of Lon Po Po ? I notice this was written by someone called Ed Young but there is no indication of his source. Mynah have you ever heard of this legend?
  26. A

chinese/taoist artifact

Hi Shambles Could it possibly be a fox? Foxes have long been regarded as a supernatural animal in China.They were said to have the ability to turn themselves into human beings usually for malevolent reasons
  27. A

chinese/taoist artifact

Hi Shambles Could it possibly be a fox? Foxes have long been regarded as a supernatural animal in China.They were said to have the ability to turn themselves into human beings usually for malevolent reasons
  28. A

Talking Fire Out Of A Burn

Not heard this one but the best cure I know for burns,provide you use it immediately is soya sauce.It stops the pain almost straight away and reduces blisters to a minimum
  29. A

Who Sang Me This Song?

It is rather baffling. The Doctor Hook version of the song was never officially release in the UK and the Australian release wasnt until 1983.Their version did not contain the lyrics you may have transposed so that version is ruled out. Rolf Harris did have a version released but I cant...
  30. A

Who Sang Me This Song?

Round about the time of Hancocks Half Hour there was a song which was very popular on the radio called MacNamaras band.Part of the lyrics from the song being "a credit to old Ireland is MacNamaras band"The tune,although a different tempo,is not disimilar to The Wild Colonial Boy especially the...
  31. A

(Re)Charging Crystals Using Moonlight

Sounds interesting Physick. I live in Yorkshire.Where are good places to go looking for crystals and what should I be looking for?
  32. A

Vagina Dentata

So if you indulge in aural sex do you risk getting hearing aids????
  33. A

Vagina Dentata

In 14th & 15th Century Europe India was regarded as a mystical monster filled land.Yhere were said to be there "womwn with serpents in their vaginas"
  34. A

Magic Plants

The elder is known as "the flower of fairyland" and is supposed to contain a dryad. According to legend if you stand or sleep under the elder on mid summers eve you will see the King of fairyland and all his retinue pass by
  35. A

The Guanches (Original Inhabitants) Of The Canary Islands

Mr R I think the word Canaries comes from the latin Canis and means the island of dogs
  36. A

Before Columbus Sailed The Ocean Blue

Check FT 151 Oct 2001 "Voyage Beyond The Sea"
  37. A

A Strange Buddha Figure / Figurine

He does not look Chinese,Japanese or Thai.The hands appear to be in the Dhyana mudra position which is a classic meditation pose representing inner freedom and purity. Any idea how it came to be in the family?Was someone in the far east during the war?
  38. A

Cannibalism: Disturbing, Gory—Strangely Common

Or maybe a secon course?
  39. A

Levitating / Flying Within A Dream

When I was a kid I used to have this recurring dream of floating rather than flying.I seemed to be floating along over something like telephone wires and there was a constant low humming noise.It wasn't a very pleasant sensation
  40. A

The work of Mick Farren

Mick Farren's books are excellent and he has a great sense of humour.Try The Texts Of Festival & The Quest Of The DNA Cowboys
  41. A

Double-Dentition (Manticores?)

As you say, there are many reports from the USA in the 19th century of giants remains with double rows of teeth and often with red hair.These are usually mentioned along with native legends about cannibal giants that used to live in the area and attack their ancestors. Of the allegedly...
  42. A

Levitating Stones

Hi Lilith I have found the book. It's called "Atlantis From Legend To Discovery" Author Andrew Tomas published by Sphere in 1972.In the book is a photograph of 11 guys apparently holding a spherical stone using just their finger tips.The book goes on to say: Near Poona in western India there...
  43. A

Levitating Stones

Hi Lilith This may refer to an incident mentioned by Herbie Brennnan in his book Electricity sonics & the disappearance of an advanced civilisation.He mentions 11 priests in Poona chanting and lifting a 40 ton rock using their finger tips.I am fairly certain I have a book with a photograph of...
  44. A

Knights of Pithias Mask?

Try Pythias
  45. A

When Movies Attack; Or Art Imitating Life

Is this the murder Black River Falls has queried on 16.02.04 on Notes & Queries as unreported?
  46. A

Stone Circles Causing Shocks (Electrical Sensations)

This kind of thing was investigated maybe 20years ago by a mixture of scientists dowsers etc. I think it was called Project Dragon Path.I still have the science page from The Guardian reporting on some of their freaky findings. If no one turns up anything on it I will see if I can post the...
  47. A

Stone Circles Causing Shocks (Electrical Sensations)

Hi Langers The late Tom Lethbridge recounts in one of his books (cant remember which one ) that he received a mild electric shock when pendulum dowsing at the Merry Maidens. Our own Brian Elwood reported the same thing happening to a friend of his at the same location
  48. A

Common Sense: Only An Urban Legend?

Common sense isnt as common as it used to be
  49. A

LBJ Killed JFK Conspiracy Controversy

There was a play doing the rounds in the 1960's called Macbird based on Macbeth with LBJ as the baddie.Seem to remeber it been rather good. Johnson once said of Ford that "he played football once to often without wearing a helmet"
Back