• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. gattino

Cottingley Fairies

I wonder if there's any reality at all to the frequent claim that the trauma of World War One caused a surge in spiritualist beliefs. It's one of those things said so frequently and matter of factly that we probably just all assume someone else has confirmed it. It also sounds like it OUGHT to...
  2. gattino

But You Still Have Your Hair...

A new one. Visiting a ( UK based) Portuguese friend I told him these "foreign stereotypes about us we never knew" stories. On the one about "to leave in the English way" ( meaning without saying your goodbyes) he said he understand that concept to be about the French. Which was interesting...
  3. gattino

NDEs Near-Death-Experiences (General)

The words "after years of research" are the most contentious claim by and about Blackmore. This article delves into it.... https://skepticalaboutskeptics.org/investigating-skeptics/whos-who-of-media-skeptics/susan-blackmore/susan-blackmores-research/
  4. gattino

NDEs Near-Death-Experiences (General)

It's very difficult to react to or talk about articles like that...or i suppose write them.. without at least appearing to do so through the prism of your own wishes/fears/presuppositions. So im likely guilty of that as much as I think the writer is...but i kind of bristled at what seem to me...
  5. gattino

More Tales From My Guests

As has happened with previous sagas of potentially post mortem coincidences, whenever one talks about it , it seems to trigger another related coincidence. It's so difficult to convey the sense of amusement or wonder or impressiveness when im still desperately avoiding naming the object in...
  6. gattino

Well the way to address those ideas is to break it down. Rooting around my phone didn't and couldn't happen. It never leaves my hand and requires my thumbprint to open. A more practical alternative on the "he saw it written down" scenario is to wonder if the note/sketch book of my brother's...
  7. gattino

After a few days thought i realise part of my sense of anticlimax is that the failure to announce "he says the message is...." leaves me hanging. My desire to retain it as a secret in the hope some future wizened old lady in a market square may approach me with the words one day means im unable...
  8. gattino

Dreams That Predict The Future

Oo..another one? It seems i have the original nocturnal recordings of the dream. Here's a transcript of the first words i utter, not mentioned in my summary on here: "I'm taking photographs..its in a grand...grand building/bridge and its up high.I can see (inaudible) Britannia..(inaudible)...
  9. gattino

Going over my dream and stripping it of all extraneous commentary I listed the nouns and concrete statements I made. Then read the Guardian report of today's incident and did the same. Whether the possible parallels/allusions (highlighted in matching colours here) are convincing is debatable...
  10. gattino

I hadn't noticed or been aware of @mrpoultice dream posted a few weeks before mine, until just now when ive read it. His seems far more direct and unmuddied than mine.
  11. gattino

A stretch perhaps ...well not just perhaps. ..but " It started in a room at the top of a tower or high building. A woman in a bath with the various regalia of the "Scottish crown jewels" around her." How many women in a tower with Scottish crown jewels can one name? An allusion to Maryland?
  12. gattino

Well two things immediately jump out. The name of the bridge Francis Scott Key can be tied to my setting the dream in Scotland. Secondly the person who the bridge is named after was a US justice/attorney . There's a intriguing detail in my dream account ..
  13. gattino

You refer to my September dream about a bridge blowing up.? It popped into my head briefly when I saw the headline but I've only gone back to read what I wrote now ( I'd never have remembered any details without it). Next i have to read the news stories about Baltimore to see if there are any...
  14. gattino

So now what do I do. He's done it. He "identified" the secret message agreed with my brother. For 8 years I've never told anyone what it is, only my surviving siblings know. I never even say what it consisted of except words. So why aren't I shouting this miracle from the roof tops? Why...
  15. gattino

Well I'll be neutral and just say we have different perceptions. If you strip it all away , from my perspective there's a number of suggestive "coincidences" of a kind I have a long experience of... and he's played a key part in the circumstances of retrieving the pen that forms part of that...
  16. gattino

I've decided when he gets back I'll not tell the guest about the above incidents as he'll leap on them with distracting enthusiasm. It occured to me that there's another thing I previously decided to hold back from him. During the initial conversation he had thrown in hearing movement...
  17. gattino

Just repeated the above incident to my siblings on WhatsApp . Mu eldest brother has replied he's sitting in a cafe , turned around and there is a poster bearing ...well I can't say. But it's the post mortem code message I've alluded to.
  18. gattino

Ok now things are tantalizing again. [I need to give you a quick refresher on my past encounters with the uncanny. A long series of events after the death of my brother included an encounter with a homeless man who bore his face. I'll find a link to the story to add here later. Secondly the...
  19. gattino

He never associated the back with pain...at least he didn't say so...until i told him its significance. HE just indicated he had suddenly felt sensation in his back and then he rolled his shoulders back as if responding to it. He made no other mentions of body parts or ailments then...
  20. gattino

No meaningful updates...no further mention of the Brazilian contact.... I'm full of willing to be impressed but beyond the definitely interesting synchronicity about the pen down the sofa there's nothing solid for me to respond to....yet he continues to interpret random thoughts as messages...
  21. gattino

So this morning i came down and he's up and about and says how exhausted he is...again suggesting he got a lot from the spirit world through the night, but again nothing concrete has been said that i can relate to. As I indicated earlier - and openly to him - he both goes off on tangents and...
  22. gattino

(BtW if any of you are putting the pieces of this potential puzzle together you may be tempted to the dark thought ...I need his help ..the pen is relevant to me..cancer research...throw in that Guest expressed his intention to do some new agey quack diagnosis procedure in me this morning...
  23. gattino

So...he said he was going in the garden for a cigarette and would have one with my brother to commune with him ... Unlike him ( he frequently goes off on tangents and side stories) I'll try and stick to the most relevant details. When he first came back in he said my brother said I ( me) needs...
  24. gattino

Not to be a tease but something potentially interesting is happening. Firstly he told me another story involving apparent messages from his own deceased brother. I would have reported that here and will later if I don't forget the details, but things took a turn for the ....hmm...tantalising...
  25. gattino

I got the chance to ask him follow up questions: He was vague , with a plethora of adjectives , about the physical consistency of the apparition ...it was shimmering, it was energy, , ephemeral....it ( rather like people describing the white light in NDEs) was a sense of pure love....The one...
  26. gattino

I don't normally dissect other people's stories this way, though I often do with my own, but ive some thoughts/interpretations if we start from the assumption it was an accurate description of a genuinely paranormal experience. I have a built in personal reticence to accepting religious...
  27. gattino

I appreciate "got a tattoo on his leg" sounds more base and chavvy than spiritual and profound. But I could have conveyed the same information by describing his adoption of a permanent physical memento of a life changing experience.
  28. gattino

Well this one is a doozy..... " Doctor"/ biochemist is staying here.. he mentioned having been around a lot of death. Great opportunity to ask the question if he'd had any uncanny encounters in the process. Oh yes..... During Covid he returned to help out in hospital. This is in Italy...
  29. gattino

Connected & Shared Dreams

Edited to create a single photo montage, and to correct an assumption I made in the commentary at the bottom of this post. This one is interesting on a couple of levels. Firstly it's G again, the same friend who always manages to identify a dream as a hit ..I still don't know if that...
  30. gattino

Have You Got A Double?

An identical shaved head? Well they have heads which are similarly shaved. But that's like saying Angela Merkel and Louis Armstrong have an identical unshaved head.
  31. gattino

The Fortean Video Archive

A 1967 ITN news report of two police officers describing an encounter with a UFO
  32. gattino

Historic UFO Encounters: Newspaper / Magazine Articles

1967 ITN archive news report on British police encounter with UFO
  33. gattino

Facebook memories freaks me out ...this happens time and time again ( it perhaps deserves a thread of its own, it happens so often): it reveals that some current action, thought or discussion mirrors something on the exact same date years earlier.... At the end of last week I went with my mate...
  34. gattino

Misinterpreted Headlines

Bit extreme....
  35. gattino

Weirdness On A Walk

You passed from your universe into ours. To you everything looks the same, but the folks you know in your world never saw you again..
  36. gattino

Steps Into The Unknown: The Noises Upstairs

While I accept the lack of logical paranormal connection ( I never suggested it was a "sign') your specific prosaic explanation is a non starter. I don't have multiple people living here. Aside from the just arrived and long familiar person in the room with me the only other person who could...
  37. gattino

To throw a spectral spanner in the works I've just been reminded Wednesday was also my late mother's birthday.
  38. gattino

Whether these two things are in any way related is a huge stretch. But there's a genuine spooky mystery in the second part regardless. Today I was told my mate G, early 40s, certified healthy , and with no discernible trigger, had had a heart attack on Wednesday evening. He's fine. But G is...
  39. gattino

The Fortean Video Archive

A new addition to the "archive": Rupert Sheldrake presenting video footage of his famed testing of N'Kisi, the seemingly telepathic talking parrot.
  40. gattino

OOBE At Sea: A Modern Parallel For A Famous Case

Ed sets events in June 1995 when he anxiously leaves his English bride to be on her own at home in Antibbes , South of France, while he goes away for 3 weeks for the first time on a new cushy job on a Superyacht cruising the Mediterranean. On the first night out, his shift starting at 4am, the...
  41. gattino

OOBE At Sea: A Modern Parallel For A Famous Case

There are certain "classic" Fortean cases that get summarised and reprinted over and over in general books on the paranormal. One such, which you'll recognise by the details if not by the name is the "Wilmot case" from the SPR's fantasms of the living. Held up as a great exemplar of...
  42. gattino

I only usually add to this particular dream thread when a celebrity death pops up...and as noted they never actually reveal the future. Ho hum. But I've just woken from a non celebrity dream which was startling and unexpected enough ( no obvious priming from waking life) that it actually feels...
  43. gattino

Well as a guide if he were to die today I certainly wouldn't claim it. I think those who collate such dreams follow a rough formula that the more likely the outcome of a dream is, the greater the degree of accurate detail there has to be to call it precognitive. If I were to say I dreamt last...
  44. gattino

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

That story needs elaboration! Not least what everyone's reaction was to seeing this?! What do you mean by it moving unusually fast? What, if anything , was above the point where the foot appeared? It was definitely a flesh and blood foot, not a...I don't know...model of some kind?
  45. gattino

No respect was due. Haha. I was making the same point. I've an obligation to mention the dream somewhere simply because if he dies today, or lets say within 48 hours and I hadn't reported it, me only saying afterwards that I just dreamt of his demise would be a source of great frustration...
  46. gattino

I've twice or three times here reported dreams of celebrity deaths.. none of which happened. But like having regular lottery numbers the fear is the day you don't is the day they'll come up. So on that basis Ill just record the fact I dreamt last night of much weeping and wailing over Tom...
  47. gattino

I'm almost through the Ghost Story podcast. It's extremely interesting and recommended but, with only two episodes to go I can report the paranormal aspect is mostly a side note. The show is actually a true life family murder mystery with lots of twists and turns. So the idea presented by the...
  48. gattino

My first, cynical, instinct was that Iike another feature from the same paper which I posted a few days ago, it sounds like a bit of journalistic back scratching ....she accounts for this alleged fad for ghosts by claiming we're all gripped by a podcast by a fellow journalist which in reality...
  49. gattino

The article is worth reading by the way for the comments section which is stuffed with readers telling their own ghost encounters. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/02/ghosts-are-suddenly-in-vogue-perhaps-we-believe-in-them-more-than-we-care-to-admit#comments
Back