• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. gattino

The Devil In The Dark

So yesterday I went with a couple of friends for an overnight ghost hunt event at the Ancient Ram Inn. The 800 year old inn, in the Cotswolds village of Wotton-Under-Edge has featured on every tv and online ghost hunting show over the years and like many such places is widely promoted as "THE"...
  2. gattino

Steps Into The Unknown: The Noises Upstairs

Whether these two things are in any way related is a huge stretch. But there's a genuine spooky mystery in the second part regardless. Today I was told my mate G, early 40s, certified healthy , and with no discernible trigger, had had a heart attack on Wednesday evening. He's fine. But G is...
  3. gattino

OOBE At Sea: A Modern Parallel For A Famous Case

There are certain "classic" Fortean cases that get summarised and reprinted over and over in general books on the paranormal. One such, which you'll recognise by the details if not by the name is the "Wilmot case" from the SPR's fantasms of the living. Held up as a great exemplar of...
  4. gattino

Dream Holiday...

I would instinctively place this in the "connected dreams" thread, which has been almost entirely taken over by me as a personal dream journal. But on consideration the source of the "information" in this one isn't clear, and its novel in a number of ways, so it gets its own thread... My best...
  5. gattino

A Christmas Calorie

A minor but very seasonal incident in the "ask for something and it appears" category. I always go to my sister's for Xmas dinner. This morning she rang me to say she'd got all the requisite food in but the one item she wanted but couldn't manage to get in any of the three supermarkets she'd...
  6. gattino

My First Ganzfeld Experience

It's been a while since I've been able to report one of these "my first" Fortean experiences. After a seance/ghost Hunt, spiritualist church and flotation tank, today I got the chance to be a university lab rat , as a volunteer in a ganzfeld study at Northampton Uni's parapsychology lab. They...
  7. gattino

Ante-Mortem Communication?

There's nothing more common in forteana than people perceiving apparent persistent signs after a person dies. Sometimes these are generic in nature ..feathers, pennies...and sometimes seem very specific to the memory of the deceased. In either case the perceived meaning tends to be elusive...
  8. gattino

Times Of The Sign

I've reported and commented on previous occasions about being in the unusual position of realising I'm at the mundane and un-fortean end of someone else's amazing coincidence. Today I seem to have found I'm the non magical instigator of what might seem to the people at the end of the sequence...
  9. gattino

UAP On Camera Or... ?

My middle brother has just sent me a photo he took in Liverpool city centre "the other Saturday night" on his way home. He clarifies December 10th around 9.45pm The lights in the sky were only noticed the next day when checking the photos. Their apparent triangular formation obviously looks...
  10. gattino

Secret Fortean Weapons & Modern Wars

I really couldn't think of a succinct title to encapsulate what i wanted to start a random ramble about. But in essence ..do the realities of international conflicts in the last 30 years effectively undermine claims of super secret (usually US) capabilities of a fortean nature? Even as...
  11. gattino

Fussy Pussy, Stop Pickin' On Me

Like a tabloid journalist I start with the headline then work to justify it. This is very much a (very) minor strangeness story, but as its one with an update and potentially more in future I'll elevate it to a thread of its own. Back in June I found a very pretty and affable cat in my front...
  12. gattino

A Ghost With Some Issues

You'll appreciate that thread title in a minute or two. I expect plaudits for it. This is a "it happened to a friend" account. Or is happening, perhaps. The conversation in which im getting this information has been taking place via text over the last half hour. So there'll be much i don't...
  13. gattino

Two Nights, Two Mediums

So this week, by (near) chance rather than deliberate planning, i attended two separate and unrelated public displays of purported mediumship. This is what happened. Wednesday night. The spiritualist church. A friend, Danny, had mentioned a few nights earlier that he would like to see a...
  14. gattino

Let's Remote View!

This may be an interesting little distraction for many on here. A sort of psychic alternative to Wordle... I found a (free) app for practicing remote viewing. ( There's even a competitive element to it - it keeps your scores and a list of the top scorers over time, like an arcade game). There...
  15. gattino

It's Happening To My Mate... Right Now

It's my best mate Y's birthday. As he loves all those ghost caught on camera YouTube channels and ghost hunting TV shows, his partner J has taken him as a birthday surprise to stay the weekend in the allegedly most haunted room in one of the allegedly most haunted hotels ( I'll specify...
  16. gattino

Who Ya Gonna Call? (Calling Cops About Fortean Incidents)

Reading this slight article on yorkshire police releasing reports they'd received from ufo witnesses, it solidified a thought that's bubbled up over the years. Why do people call the police, what are they expecting, and how would the (UK) police respond to such calls...
  17. gattino

You Just Missed Him

I was torn between simply telling my small experience and making it a wider discussion of a phenomenon. A friend says its happened to him on at least 3 occasions. Deciding to get in touch with someone from the past only to find you're a moment too late. Today I was clearing out bedroom...
  18. gattino

Maybe We're Someone Else's Bigfoot

A random ramble. I was thinking about those people who spend their lives - or in some cases huge resources - trying to prove the existence of Bigfoot and the like. Something which - judging by those occasional documentaries i kill an hour with on Amazon Prime - they have no doubt, often from...
  19. gattino

Self (Not So) Remote Viewing Tests

Having been maintaining a record here of apparently telepathic dreams, i recently branched out into trying to test waking telepathy between myself and the friend most often involved in the dream hits. The form was very simple. While on the phone one person would look for a random image to...
  20. gattino

I've Heard Of Sympathetic Pregnancy, But...

The other party involved in this would kill me for telling anyone about this as he's mortified by the subject. I however am crude and vulgar. More importantly these boards are anonymous so I feel less of a cad for breaking my word. For all its comedic value this is nonetheless intriguing. As...
  21. gattino

Anniversary Ghosts?

A random musing. On one of the other threads I noticed someone speculating whether some ghost or spirit in a particular instance might be appearing on the anniversary of her death or other significant date. The idea is certainly a well established one. "It was 30 years ago tonight!" But what...
  22. gattino

Morning Glossolalia

Steady. I don't think I've ever mentioned it anywhere - except here once and briefly - so I'd don't know if it's just a personal idiosyncrasy or a common experience ( I suspect the former). Occasionally when I wake in the morning and stretch and yawn I don't merely inhale air but expel a slew...
  23. gattino

The Veil (Boris Karloff Series)

Not to assume others are as ignorant as I was about the existence of this show, but should you be... I stumbled on it on Amazon prime, but luckily all episodes are on Youtube. 1958 - The series was made but apparently never broadcast so has become, apparently, a cult secret delight, hailed as...
  24. gattino

Why Would Dogs Be Scared Of Ghosts?

A bizarre and possibly unique question, but it often occurs to me when I read, hear or watch videos on YouTube of stories of hauntings etc where dogs and cats apparent ability to see/hear what we cannot crops up. Whether told or shown, the animal cowering, being skittish or running away to...
  25. gattino

A Man Of Two Eras. 20th Century Victorians

Neither truly fortean nor even a question, just a random ramble on an odd realisation. The other day i started watching the first Johhny Weismuller Tarzan movie. I have no idea how i knew his name or attached it to his face but i instantly identified Jane's father as the British actor C Aubrey...
  26. gattino

If All Doubt Were Gone...

I've recently been watching several UFO documentaries. It's not a subject I've given much attention to for years. I'm aware that any book or documentary on a given subject is by its nature selecting evidence solely in line with its own argument. But that awareness aside my recent viewing is...
  27. gattino

Psychic/Coincidence Clustering

A few little things have happened in the last few days. The very fact that not a lot on the personal fortean front has happened in the last year or so, just serves to underline a past but forgotten awareness of how such experiences seem to cluster. As if one goes through some kind of psychic...
  28. gattino

Puppy With Tail On Its Head

Literally growing out of the middle of its head. Aptly its called Narwhal. In the care of a animal rescue mission in Jackson Missouri. The tail doesn't wag and "isn't attached to anything" so causes him no discomfort.
  29. gattino

Pigeon Makes Nest From Stolen Poppies

The culprit behind a mysterious disappearance of poppies from an Australian war memorial has been unmasked as a broody bird. Staff at the tomb of the unknown soldier in the capital Canberra had been left scratching their heads when they began noticing the poppies disappear in early October. But...
  30. gattino

ADCs: After Death Communication

I won't pretend ive done any more than a cursory search on here but as far as I can see, among the alphabet soup of forteana - OOBEs, NDEs, ETs, UFOs, ESP, ABCs - there is no dedicated thread or category for ADCs. After Death Communications. Perhaps I'm wrong but my understanding of the term...
  31. gattino

Hull Poltergeist/Exorcism

Not as new as the date on it would lead you to believe - this account from a few days ago is seemingly a recounting of events in 2011. Presumably the original is covered on here somewhere. Nontheless, for what its worth...
  32. gattino

My First Sensory Deprivation Experience

I'll save you a long read ...nothing spooky happened. Still, as part of my occasional series of "try it for myself" reports on fortean linked activities, yesterday I went with a friend to a flotation centre, to experience floating in a sensory deprivation tank (pod, but tank sounds bigger and...
  33. gattino

Self-Aware Cat?

One could speculate/suggest that this kitty's paw movements are coincidental to looking at itself...but on the face of it it at least appears to not only be passing the "mirror test" (not something generally observed in felines) but doing so through reasoning and experimentation. Shades of...
  34. gattino

London Bridge Attack 'Premonition'

Quotes from news article: 'The fiancee of the first victim of the London Bridge attack in 2017 has told an inquest she had "premonitions about terror attacks" the day he died. ' .......................................................... 'Ms Delcros said Mr Thomas, 45, had arranged for them to...
  35. gattino

Believe It Or Not. What Have You Changed Your Mind About?

If anything. I'm talking the broadly Fortean stuff, none of your politics here. Is there anything you were previously convinced of the reality of , but that reading or experience - or lack of it - has pulled you away from? Or is there anything you previously - and genuinely, not just saying...
  36. gattino

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

So in recent weeks ive been enjoying tracking down on a variety of streaming and video hosting apps shows and movies of which i have some degree of childhood memory (I was born in 1968 so my pre-teens went up until 1980). I've mentioned a few of them on here, movies like The Medusa Touch and...
  37. gattino

More Tales From My Guests

As frequently referenced i pay my bills and stave off the bailiffs by being a full time Airbnb host, and so over the last almost 2 years many many strangers have passed through my doors, and most make conversation. In the past ive noted here what i termed a collective conspiracy of silence...
  38. gattino

The Luck Of The Devil

I'm mentioned my extraordinary - though i hesitate to tempt fate or rely on it happening - equilibrium between unexpected expenses and unexpected windfalls several times on here. It happens so often its hard to credit it to coincidence. Well a variant of it has happened again, so a quick...
  39. gattino

Nothing In The Dark (TZ)

The perfect title for this thread has been taken - "Growing Old. Death Approaches." - but this episode of the original Twlight Zone is worth promoting to anyone who hasn't seen it (or not for a long while). It's chiefly remembered for starring a pre-movie star Robert Redford, but is a really...
  40. gattino

Positive Vibes: Is There Such A Thing As An Anti-Jinx?

Following on from a point I made in a thread about Telekinesis...Is it a known/believed thing that some people can have strange POSITIVE effects on those in their vicinity? Whether paranormal, superstitious or psychological, the idea that certain people either bring bad luck to the company...
  41. gattino

The Fortean Video Archive

I need a snappier title. But i keep stumbling on iconic original material related to major fortean events of which we've all heard, and instead of starting a new thread for each one thought it might be a good idea to have single thread in which all such stuff can be found and easily accessed...
  42. gattino

Cardiff Poltergeist [1979+]

From the old ITV series "Strange But True?" (As an aside I was waiting for the obligatory professional sceptic to turn up for "balance" and say "I believe that THEY believe it, but...". Interestingly there was none, which makes me think this must have been the last show of this kind in the UK...
  43. gattino

"It's A Year Since It Happened": Dreamstuff

A peculiar pair of dreams this week with a thematic connection that intrigues me. About 3 nights ago I had a dream which is a standard and (in the course of a life time) recurring dream, that I understand many people have (in the same way as flying and teeth falling out are meant to be...
  44. gattino

Television Debate On Exorcism (1974)

Just stumbled on this little gem.. a british audience discussion program following the release of the exorcist. It's fascinating in multiple ways. It gives some credence to the popular belief that the movie strongly upset cinema goers at the time. Just hearing awfully awfully british voices...
  45. gattino

Arthur Conan Doyle In His Own Words

We've all seen snippets of Doyle speaking to camera in documentaries about Sherlock Holmes. But here is the whole thing (I at least had never seen it) and his primary topic of conversation is his interest in things "psychic". What I find really interesting is that his words and demeanor seem...
  46. gattino

Mystery Light In Brother's Garden

I can only report it as he has to me, so questions may be fruitless. Answers however are welcome. He says sitting in his living room, next to a glass patio door looking on to his garden on Hallowe'en night (yes I know) he saw white round object move across the darkness outside. He at first...
  47. gattino

A New Twilight Zone?

I'll be going off in a couple of random directions at once with this post. Consider it the equivalent of mumbling on a park bench. Love the original Twilight Zone. Aware they rebooted it twice over the years and are possibly doing so again soon. The reboots have never worked in terms of staying...
  48. gattino

You Look Just Like...

I was going to add this to the end of the Doppleganger thread, but it's only tangentially related (though may explain some of my own doppleganger incidents of strangers mistaking me for multiple different acquaintances of theirs or people online asking me if they saw me in such and such a shop...
  49. gattino

Turkey Teddybears (Thread NSFVegans)

"Your kids will love it" Assuming your kids are Ed Gein and Hannibal Lecter obviously.
  50. gattino

Witches 'Cast Mass Spell' On Justice Kavanaugh

I'm surprised this hasn't already been reported here, but for what its worth.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45928212 Or...
Back