• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Patrick30

Do You Dream In Colour / Color? With Or Without Sound?

I have had monochromatic dreams but it seems to be nighttime or twilight in the dream when that happens. I play several stringed instruments, some better than others. One of the most vivid and real seeming dreams I can remember, probably 20 years ago, involved me playing the heck out a fiddle...
  2. Patrick30

The Two Varieties Of Tabby Cat

Color does not make a breed. Some breeds have certain color schemes as a part of its standard, but just because a cat is a certain color scheme does not make it a certain breed. Most kitty colors are evidenced across most all breeds. That said, most cats are some kind of mongrel which makes them...
  3. Patrick30

The Two Varieties Of Tabby Cat

Here is my Sweet Pea, a long haired Calico. She turned up one evening about half grown severely wounded and almost dead. She's a lucky girl and knows it.
  4. Patrick30

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Why is the US gov “normalizing” or changed their tune on reporting and researching UFOs? Pretty simple really. Advancements in drone technology available to just about any potential enemy. There’s no need for speculation about off world tech to justify an increased interest in strange stuff...
  5. Patrick30

There Is Something In The Woods

Lol, theres no reason to be terrified or never go camping. I’ve hunted, backpacked, and camped all my life. These are just things you need to be aware of depending on the specific location and local environment. Poisonous snakes- are a potential danger even in your back yard, tread with...
  6. Patrick30

There Is Something In The Woods

Around here there’s too many verifiable dangers in the woods to worry about the paranormal stuff. Poisonous snakes, bears, cougars, scorpions, wild hogs, gators, bad weather, an accident, getting lost, getting mistaken for a deer and getting shot by a hunter, just a few off the top of my head...
  7. Patrick30

Things (Sounds, Textures, Etc.) That Set Your Teeth On Edge

As a musician, for me it’s a bad mix combined with excessive volume, esp in certain high and high-mid frequencies. A poorly mixed and excessively loud rock band is downright painful and can give me an instant headache.
  8. Patrick30

Russell Brand: From Comic To Icke-Esque Conspiracist & Possible Abuser?

Had never heard of this guy until I stumbled across his videos on YouTube during Covid. Conclusion: Blathering idiot.
  9. Patrick30

Mass Hysteria

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/01/havana-syndrome-us-intelligence-services-determine-no-foreign-adversaries
  10. Patrick30

The Alligator Thread

Putting gators on the endangered list way back when has proved to be way too successful. Back in the 70s the wildlife agencies stocked gators in our North Alabama waters to control the beaver population, thinking our winters were too cold for them to reproduce. But they did, approx one out of...
  11. Patrick30

Rules For Breakfast Cereal & Masturbation: The Proud Boys Manual/Training

Oh, it’s very real alright. But it ain’t hard to brainwash the already brain dead.
  12. Patrick30

Rules For Breakfast Cereal & Masturbation: The Proud Boys Manual/Training

It’s just lame frat boy bullsht. I care not about their silly rules. it’s their worldview and public actions that concern me.
  13. Patrick30

Prof. Brian Cox On Ghosts

Since I’m across the pond my only exposure to BC is YouTube. But it seems to me he suffers from the same condition as many science popularizers who become celebrities. They can get a bit too far up there own ass. A condition not restricted to science types, but an affliction common to...
  14. Patrick30

Adventures In Sleep Paralysis

One time I dreamed a snake bit me and I was paralyzed. I woke up in a panicked sweat and realized my foot had went to sleep.
  15. Patrick30

Strangeness In Vehicles: Things Experienced While Driving (IHTM)

No wildlife on the outskirts of a quaint English village? Not even a raccoon or opossum? Admittedly you dont see Bobcats or Owls every day here in Alabama, but if you drive slowly on an isolated road at night its not out of the question.
  16. Patrick30

Strangeness In Vehicles: Things Experienced While Driving (IHTM)

Ive experienced a Bobcat plopping down out of a tree onto my car hood. I was going slow down a country gravel road on a dark night. We stared at each other for a brief moment, then he took off. Once on a similar dark road out in the National Forest, our headlights shined upon the hugest Owl...
  17. Patrick30

Crossroads, Selling Your Soul, Voodoo & The Blues

I made a motorcycle trip thru the Delta back in 2019, I think it was, before Covid anyway. Im afraid any mojo at The Crossroads is most likely long gone. Now there’s a gas station, a convenience store, a fast food joint, and a discount furniture store on each corner. Also the roads are paved...
  18. Patrick30

Big Fish (Caught By Fishermen)

I had a Marcus Miller back in the 90s that musta bumped 12lb. sold that sucker.
  19. Patrick30

Big Fish (Caught By Fishermen)

My Dad was a semi professional bass fisherman. His best was an 8lb smallmouth, a 10lb largemouth, and a 7lb spotted bass. All 3 hung on the wall in our living room.
  20. Patrick30

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

Hey, I won’t be here so I dont really give a sht about what happens. As far as I’m concerned you can all go extinct.
  21. Patrick30

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

lol. Good luck. May all of you planning to be around in another 30 years avoid frying, drowning, or starving as you continue to make shit up about the weather To make yourselves feel superior.
  22. Patrick30

Hail & Hailstorms

I was once traveling on my motorcycle thru a long empty stretch of eastern Colorado high plains prairie when I ran into a hailstorm. No shelter for a hundred miles, not even a tree. Also no traffic, I was really out there. All I could do was pull over and hunker down. Thankfully it never got...
  23. Patrick30

Is The God Of The Old Testament The Same As The God Of The New?

No two humans believe in the same identical God. They might tell each other they do but God is in the mind of the individual.
  24. Patrick30

Are We Still In The New Age?

As far as I have been able to determine the line drawn by astrologers to divide the ages of the great procession is a somewhat fuzzy one, 500yrs +/-. There doesnt seem to be any real agreement. Choose your poison and go with it I guess.
  25. Patrick30

What's The Most Outrageous Conspiracy Theory You Have Heard?

Its an impossible question. We are in a post-outrageous world now. Deciding which is most outrageous is a snake eating its tail problem at this point.
  26. Patrick30

Top 50 Fortean Locations

Have a friend who does a bit of detecting here in North Alabama. His fav places are old homesites on empty small town city lots or scattered rural country sites. His best find so far was a Confederate Army belt buckle.
  27. Patrick30

The You That Might Have Been

My only big regret is not getting any art and musical training as a youth. From an early age I was drawn strongly to the visual arts and music. But my parents actively discouraged it. ESP Dad, and Mom did what Dad said. They wouldn’t buy me an instrument or take any lessons, or even take band or...
  28. Patrick30

Atheism

I find the study of religions fascinating, so I guess I can’t claim I’m in the don’t give a rats ass camp, on an intellectual level at least. But on a personal human to human level, yea, as long as you do no harm other than to youself I don’t care. Well, if your someone I care about then yea...
  29. Patrick30

Top 50 Fortean Locations

I’d like to see a US list. I’ll start Bonaventure Cemetary, Savannah GA Sloss Furnace, supposedly haunted abandoned steel mill in Birmingham AL Just about any location along Hwy 61 thru the Mississippi Delta, ghosts of slaves and poor sharecroppers, cruel masters, and bluesmen who sold their...
  30. Patrick30

Meteorites (Meteors That Landed / Impacted)

I have a good old friend, a college buddy, who swears he saw a meteor fall into a small lake while he was night fishing from the bank. no reason to doubt him, he’s a rather honest, sensible, and down to earth fellow.
  31. Patrick30

King Arthur

I hardly do movies, but dang, the controversy makes me wanna see it.
  32. Patrick30

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Great record
  33. Patrick30

Alternative Medicine: Chiropractic

I don’t trust em whatsoever. Used to play in a band with one, a young guy who took over his fathers practice. Nice enough dude but no way I’m letting him or any other quackopracter near my spine.
  34. Patrick30

'Ghost' Captured On Camera At Glenn Beck's Studio

Consider the source.
  35. Patrick30

Transparent Platforms (Glass Bridges & Balconies)

Not a fan. Funny Im usually ok with heights. But something about a see thru floor gets to me.
  36. Patrick30

Villeneuve's Dune Films

Saw it in IMAX and it was awesome.
  37. Patrick30

1970s: Why So Dark?

Complain about 70s music all you want but it was way more diverse than today. Sure there was pop pablum but there was also the Allman Bros, skynyrd, Springsteen, the Dead kept trucking on, Pink Floyd, ELP, Steely Dan, a ton of great singer songwriters, etc.
  38. Patrick30

1970s: Why So Dark?

The 70s were my teenage years. It was a decade of do your own thing and debauchery for the most part. The social idealism of the 60s was past but everyone seemed to be ok with paddling your own canoe. The music was great. I had fun. Then disco and the 80s over commercialized everything, plus I...
  39. Patrick30

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Well that's certainly good news that the Isles havn't gone completely insane like the US.
  40. Patrick30

Yea I know how its used(and currently being misused) in the States. I was wondering how many Brits are currently misusing it.
  41. Patrick30

How many Brits are ingesting sheep wormer these days?
  42. Patrick30

William Blake

And did those feet in ancient time Walk upon England's mountains green: And was the holy Lamb of God, On England's pleasant pastures seen! Nice tune From Brain Salad Surgery!
  43. Patrick30

Nominative Determinism

My last name is Townsend. From what I understand the etymology is from one who lives at the "towns end". I'm retired now, but how did I spend my career? Agricultural Finance and Rural Housing.
  44. Patrick30

Is There Anything You've Grown LESS Sceptical Of?

As far as Fortean stuff goes, I cant think of anything I've become less skeptical of. For a while in my 40s, I flirted with organized religion in the form of Evangelical Christianity, but that didn't last more than a few years. I came out the other side just as skeptical and cynical as I was...
  45. Patrick30

Do Forteans Share A Myers-Briggs 'Type'?

Thought I’d bring this old poll back up because I’ve kinda been on a Jung/Cognitive Traits rabbithole dive the last week or so. Now I’ve kinda got a better perspective on the Myers Briggs and Jungian theory in general, rather than just the experience of taking the MB and reading the results much...
  46. Patrick30

Jordan Peterson

lol. You guys still arguing over this creepy nerd?
  47. Patrick30

Learning To Read & Early Childhood Reading

My grandfather babysat me every day while my Mom and Dad both worked. I can remember him teaching me to read from the comics and Br’er Rabbit. I was way ahead of the game entering first grade. My peers were reading Dick and Jane while I read stuff about dinosaurs.
  48. Patrick30

Jordan Peterson

Looking forward to it. Hail Mary plays are always exciting.
  49. Patrick30

Jordan Peterson

Is he daid yet?
  50. Patrick30

Given Time Travel, Where & When Would You Want To Travel?

I think I prefer the longer life expectancy of my own time and place.
Back