• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Scribbles

An Odd Bit Of Road

You're right IbisNibs, and what's worse is that we're all familiar with the second witness who denies anything happened, or minimises it, because they don't want the social backlash.
  2. Scribbles

An Odd Bit Of Road

If you read the original post that made him/her write his/her account, in that story there were two people in the car who experienced it together That would rule out an inner hallucination type answer, unless you wanted to go down the shared delusion route. The story proper freaked me out...
  3. Scribbles

An Odd Bit Of Road

Hey, Catseye! I just read this on Reddit and I thought straight away of your story. A bit more dramatic, but perhaps the same phenomenon?
  4. Scribbles

It Happened To Me! Then I Realised It Hadn't

I wrote on the UFO thread on here earlier this year about an amazing thing I saw in the night sky. It started out as a bright star on the horizon, that split into three stars as it got bigger and bigger. I was thinking, a UFO sighting! At last! It eventually materialised as a massive...
  5. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I once got my kids to school one hour early. Husband in work early too. Neither of us could figure which one of us had made the mistake. It just seemed to arise organically. Also, I once arrived at the local park with the kids and me all dressed up for a Halloween event, only to find that the...
  6. Scribbles

My UFO Sightings Over The Years (GhostofFort)

I think I may have found the aircraft I spotted! It might have been the c 17 Globemaster. It has the same heavy energy of the thing I watched and the following clip on YouTube is of it flying at night - with three bright white lights (front light split into two which might account for the...
  7. Scribbles

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

Well I had sexy dream time last night with an actor I fancy so not complaining about last night!
  8. Scribbles

This made me laugh out loud several times... apart from the bit about not waking that insect thing *shivers*
  9. Scribbles

I thought it was really interesting how the media and politicians in Phoenix tried to either ignore the phenomenon or make fun of it, but those tactics in an age of social media didn't work. You can't fool thousands of people who are all talking to each other!
  10. Scribbles

Every single night now. Long, complex, vivid dreams. It's exhausting. And if I wake up in the night, I have another dream after I go back to sleep. I'm used to frequent quality dreams but this is another level. And since bragging on here about how enjoyable my dreams were, I've had anxiety...
  11. Scribbles

Will do, Ghost! I can't stop thinking about it. This afternoon I was going through Netflix and Amazon for interesting paranormal stuff and came across the documentary on the Phoenix Lights. I'd heard of this event/s but didn't know the details. Absolutely fascinating. You can't dismiss a...
  12. Scribbles

Yes, that's another thing, the size of the thing. It *felt* to me to have the heft and power of a lumbering WWII bomber, but I know I was thinking at the same time that it was much bigger than a bomber. If I had to guess I'd say it was just under the length of a passenger jet. It was also...
  13. Scribbles

Definitely an anxiety dream caused by current events and a pretty unpleasant one at that. I had a "couldn't get through on the phone" dream last night. My husband had left me after an argument (which oddly I now can't remember) and went off to France with his family. At first I vowed not to...
  14. Scribbles

Mystery 'Lost' Items

That's actually very cute!
  15. Scribbles

Yes, more lock down. Sadly it's going to be a fair few more weeks before my trips into Warwickshire resume. And yes, my sighting of this thing was not brief, and there is absolutely no doubt that it was a physical craft of some sort. That's pretty much why I debunked it (to myself) being a UFO...
  16. Scribbles

Thanks for this LordR. I am so jealous of the clear night sky that can be seen from the countryside. Way too much light pollution and rooves of houses getting in the way in the city. Although years ago, pre-9/11 we did actually have a military helicopter over my garden and around surrounding...
  17. Scribbles

Hi Ghost! There was no noise that I heard but I probably didn't open my car window to check. Since writing this post I've been checking the Internet for likely explanations and was quite excited to read that other people have had the same experiences of first seeing what they thought was a...
  18. Scribbles

This might be the thread to relate a recent experience of mine and see of any of you UFO/plane experts can shed any light on what I saw. My new job (when I'm not furloughed) is in Warwickshire, and so I found myself over winter driving into that county from Birmingham and back again after my...
  19. Scribbles

Mystery 'Lost' Items

Sounds familiar. In fact, I am spending some of this lockdown time on organising my stuff so completely and obviously that this will stop happening. Of course, I've tried to do this a few times before and... *starts to weep softly*
  20. Scribbles

Serves me right for posting about my fabulous dreams, I suppose, but last night I had a really nasty dream. I have a challenging relationship with my difficult mum, and I've also had to stop all communication with my oldest brother. I won't go into details, but they were in the dream and I woke...
  21. Scribbles

That reminded me to go downstairs and double check that I had locked the kitchen window...
  22. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

If it helps this happens to me fairly often! I never feel the cut at the time and never have a clue how it happened. Always my hand/fingers so I'm just clumsy I guess.
  23. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I'd say burying, or had just buried, his murder victim's body. Don't have nightmares.
  24. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Was just reading on twitter a guy who normally doesn't suffer from tinnitus saying that at the periphery of his hearing, he keeps thinking he can hear people talking. I do think if one of our five senses is being deprived of its usual fodder (and at the moment life has quietened down for most...
  25. Scribbles

Not to brag, but I'm having the most fantastic dreams almost every night. I'm talking film quality dreams, with proper plots and characters. I've watched some brilliant stuff lately whilst I'm asleep. These type of complex and prolonged vivid drams are not unusual for me (pretty sure they're due...
  26. Scribbles

Inhuman Creatures

mrhank, off topic, but felt compelled to say what a good son you seem! In this house, I'd be the one outside with the shotgun (apart from the fact that I have no shot gun and would not have gone outside). You and your mom keep safe, these are strange times.
  27. Scribbles

Mystery 'Lost' Items

Yesterday an old bottle of nail varnish appeared in the middle of the bathroom floor. Even though daughter has her own en suite, I assumed it was hers. It wasn't. It doesn't belong to anybody here.
  28. Scribbles

The Shed Man

Welcome @wyattj ! I reckon that thing was on the ceiling hanging over you when you were in the shed! Not to make your nightmares come back, mind.
  29. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

My Father-in-Law, God rest his soul, microslept all the time. Weirdest thing ever. You'd literally be mid conversation and suddenly he'd snore! Someone would nundge him and he'd carry on where he'd left off. No point telling him him he'd just fallen asleep, he wouldn't believe you. He could...
  30. Scribbles

People Who Feel Wrong

I cannot tell you how many times I've experienced this in a workplace, everyone knowing something/someone is wrong and/or unsafe and no one prepared to speak but me. I just don't know how they can do it. I can't help but open my gob! And then I become the "problem" because it's easier to target...
  31. Scribbles

Paul Is Dead (Sixties Hoax)

Not asking for any importance to be placed on this observation, but some of those photos of Paul McCartney really do not look like Paul McCartney.
  32. Scribbles

Auditory Pareidolia With Repetitive Mechanical Sounds

They really do, don't they!
  33. Scribbles

People Who Feel Wrong

Hard shell, soft underneath :headspinner:
  34. Scribbles

Auditory Pareidolia With Repetitive Mechanical Sounds

Wood Pigeons sing "You DIRTY bas-tards" and no one will ever convince me otherwise.
  35. Scribbles

Things Breaking

I I live near the Hagley Road. Drive on it frequently. Lots of nasty accidents have happened on it, but thank goodness I've never witnessed any of them.
  36. Scribbles

People Who Feel Wrong

Escargot hasn't got a nasty bone in her body, Stella.
  37. Scribbles

Psychogeography For Those Wet Winter Weekends

Me and the dog once did a year of this. Not to get lost exactly, but to see more in our area. Using Google maps I found all the parks and every bit of interesting green space I could within a half-hour radius and we went exploring together. We found some interesting little places, strips of what...
  38. Scribbles

Cemetery Strangeness (IHTM)

I d8 I didn't mean for the emoji chap with the hat and cigar to be added, but might as well leave him there now.
  39. Scribbles

Cemetery Strangeness (IHTM)

Luvpixie, I'd say your reaction to this gives the biggest clue of all. You didn't think "what's that crafty bugger doing, where he hiding?“. You clocked from the start something wasn't right, but not in an earthly sense. I'm going with ghost:eek::boss:
  40. Scribbles

Things Breaking

Sorry to hear about your friend, Ghost in the Machine x
  41. Scribbles

Things Breaking

Great thread, Eponstill. Like others here. I have a similar story. Rabid argument with my other half, where I remember I was using the phrase "off the hook" a lot, can't quite remember in what context, as I don't remember what we were arguing about now (we had lots of rows last year, 2018 was...
  42. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

OMG!!!
  43. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Yup! Pretty sure it was the very first place I looked too! I can't NOT have looked because the box was so obvious there on my dressing table. I only looked in there again after already ordering another pair because I was so vexed at their disappearance and couldn't believe I couldn't find them.
  44. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I think if Amazon ever ceases to exist then I'll do the same. It's too integral to my life now.
  45. Scribbles

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Now when my stuff inexplicably goes missing, the minute something can't be found in places it should reasonably be, I just reorder on Amazon (most stuff I now buy is from there, I rarely go shopping). I'm talking hats, jewellery, gloves, nothing expensive but something that has proved its worth...
  46. Scribbles

I Saw And Photographed The Loch Ness Monster In 2006

This is where I am. It's only the controversy around the use of the photo that's kept this thread going so long. The photo itself is poor as evidence of any monster and the debunking of where it was taken pretty much finishes it off. I know we often can't help ourselves picking over the bones of...
  47. Scribbles

People Who Feel Wrong

Working class men? In a man bun?
  48. Scribbles

Unhappy Houses & Odd Happenings

Just briefly on the subject of psycho children, I've mentioned on here before that my kids are adopted. They were extremely traumatised, sleep-deprived, anxiety riddled little mites, who acted out their trauma in frightening ways, and whove needed a lot of time and understanding to even begin to...
  49. Scribbles

People Who Feel Wrong

Don't exist.
Back