• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

Monetary Prizes Offered for Proof of the Paranormal

Hey all, a quick call out for some comments/assistance. I've been doing some research into prizes that are out there for evidence of the paranormal. It's actually back ground work for an ongoing piece I'm writing on the Paranormal Camping website (first part here if interested...
  2. L

Sasquatch Map Of The U.S.

Through some research I was doing for Paranormal Camping I stumbled on an interesting map that has been put together by cartographer Joshua Stevens. I won't explain anymore about it here but rather let you either read my news post about it (which contains all the links etc)...
  3. L

The Frozen House On Lodge Road

Not so much "happened to me" as "happened to my Dad." Which is even weirder since the guy is as straight thinking as they come, atheist and logic obsessive previous Bank Manager. This story, to my utter delight, was first hinted at over the Christmas dinner. My Dad was scoffing at my website...
  4. L

The Box Of Crazy

Saw this posted on Reddit http://imgur.com/a/uCSg1 Definitely fortean enough for a post here. The posted states: So a friend of mine found this box by the trash, it is full of wonderful, crazy illustrations. Clearly something happened to this guy that was very memorable. It measures roughly...
  5. L

Psychic Psychologist

Thought some people might find this interesting. I work for a consultancy in the UK. As part of our offering to clients we struck up a relationship with a private, London based Pyschology practice. The principle being that certain companies like to have a raft of services they can offer...
  6. L

Missing Book!

I'm kinda cheating here because, although a book of mine has genuinely gone missing, there is little reason to believe anything paranormal is to blame. My purpose for this post is to locate another copy, the problem being that I cannot remember much about the book, it's title or author. So I...
  7. L

List of Fortean Subjects in Wikipedia

Saw this link on Reddit this morning. Not 100% sure about the purpose of the piece BUT it's a good resource for those looking to expand their Fortean reading. http://thehairpin.com/2012/10/wikipedia ... -the-dark/
  8. L

Majestic-12 Special Operations Manual (April 1954)

I've been trawling the web looking out for anything of interest. I stumbled on a download which appears to be a black and white photocopy (or more likely photoGRAPHED copy) of a handbook entitled "Majestic-12 Special Operations Manual." I'm guessing that this document has been seen many times...
  9. L

Horizon: What is Reality?

Just wondered if anyone else caught this incredible piece of BBC Tv? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... s_Reality/
  10. L

Open Skies, Closed Minds; Nick Pope

Searched for previous on this but found nothing. Has anyone read this book? Is it worth reading? I will probably pick it up off ebay for £2.50 (delivered) but thought I'd ask anyway.... Also, I understand his fiction work is...poor. Is that accurate?
  11. L

Yearly Paranormal Camping Trip

....so, every year a mate and I go camping somewhere Fortean in an effort to witness something. Previous years have included Waylands Smithy (by the chalk White Horse of Uffington), A supposedly haunted Roman Villa (North Leigh, Oxfordshire) and a notorious UFO hotspot (Wittenham Clumps). So...
  12. L

MORE4: A Long Weekend with the Son of God

Last night on UK channel MORE4 was an intriguing documentary about Jesus Vassarion, a self proclaimed "Son of God" leading a community in Siberia. t was a fascinating program although George Careys documentary style is frustrating to say the least yet doesn't massively detract from a...
  13. L

Skywatching

Noticed a link on the BBC sight about Skywatch sessions http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A4014145 Has anyone actually taken part in such a thing? I've been invited to one that is likely to take place in April. Apparently most of the Skywatchers are not UFO nuts but astronomers hoping to...
  14. L

Windermere Gadget Ghost

In a corner of Windermere town it seems something odd is going on. Remote locking car key fobs don't work. How the journo manages to jump from this and into the local bakery where a spirit named "Albert" causes mischief is slightly odd but entertaining enough...
  15. L

Robert Lenkiewicz

I've tried to search round the forums for other posts about Lenkiewicz but can't find any. As a child I holidayed on the South coast of Cornwall, and my artistic mother always insisted we go watch Lenkiewicz paint in his studio down on Plymouth Barbican. I found out today that he had a...
  16. L

'Lighthouse' In The Sky

I saw this on Friday night but have left it till now to post as I wanted some time to think about what I saw. It's nothing ground breaking but I still can't identify exactly what it was. I wonder if someone else might suggest a normal explanation. It moved at the speed of an airliner at...
  17. L

Channel 4: Britain's youngest sleepwalker

Just watching a Channel 4 program (UK) entitled "Britain's youngest sleepwalker" It's about a toddler called Jess whose parents are at the witts end because she does odd things during the night. When asked about what is going on she says her friends are coming round in the night to play...
  18. L

Ghost That Followed Me Home?

I went to view a house on Wednesday afternoon as my waif and I are looking to move and there's been one in particular that we've both been drooling over on the internet. Typically It's a 15th Century thatched pile needing some TLC. My wife was working so I went on my own since we agreed I...
  19. L

Wayland's Smithy "Graffiti" Identification

Wayland's Smithy is a Long Barrow on the Ridgeway by the chalk White Horse in Oxfordshire. 2 years ago a friend and I camped here one night to see if anything odd happened (there is a load of odd events associated with the area). It was largely uneventful yet in the wee hours a few hippy types...
  20. L

UFO photograph experiment (pic)

Ever since I got into Fortean subjects in the mid 90s I've always been amazed that photographic and video evidence for UFOs is so poor, to the extent that I assumed UFOs simply didn't and haven't existed. Since then the introduction of the digital camera meant two things to me. 1) Without...
  21. L

Chrysalis Identification help (PIC)

Hi, Discovered during a cleanout of the shed and now safe and surrounded by his natural habitat (in a hole spiked take-away carton on top of the microwave). Wife thinks it's a maggot, I'm plumming for Acherontia Styx aka the Death's Head Hawkmoth from Silence of the Lambs fame. But we will...
  22. L

Breakfast & Monopoly

Never felt the need to post this story until I read another thread about a piece of crumpet (all will be revealed). I used to work for a property company in Notting Hill Gate, London (2002-2003). The letting (rental) arm of it used to help me house corporate people by showing them and me...
  23. L

The Claw

All my life I have been surrounded by a single image. I write this after having seen this image in the last hour. Most days I will see it in some form or another, today it was on the front of a random magazine in a newsagent, some days it will appear on t-shirts, graffiti, the grain in a piece...
Back