• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

A 'Classic' UFO Photo That I Can't Find

I found this in 'Photographs of the Unknown' buy Rob Rickard and Richard Kelly. The only one similar.
  2. C

A 'Classic' UFO Photo That I Can't Find

Where did you remember seeing the photo, was it a book?
  3. C

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

I had a strange false memory. During lockdown I spent a lot of time on my computer and on YouTube, I found the end of a final where Stephen Hendry was 9-9 with his opponent and in the last frame there was just the black left on the table, whoever potted it won the tournament. Each player had...
  4. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Time for that picture of the train that has fallen down the ravine.
  5. C

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I think it is a right hand drive car and the driver is not visible behind the windscreen pillar. I think you are referring to the child in the back behind the driver.
  6. C

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I still have a copy of that book. The book seems a bit fanciful. It was just a kid in the back of he car. If the photo was taken by a medium then I am more suspicious.
  7. C

Baltimore Bridge Accident

Those bridge supports are like matchsticks.
  8. C

The Optical Illusions Thread

Looks like a tattoo of a cowboys face, but the left side is too pale.
  9. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This morning at 3am I was awake for some unknown reason when I heard a large booming sound outside. It was a bit like a just fighter going over but it lasted for about 30 seconds rather than five. Strangely, one thing that also sounds similar is when people are dragging wheely bins around the...
  10. C

Magnetic Hill Optical Illusion On The Isle Of Man

There's an episode guide on Wikipedia, they only did them from 2010-2012, looks like there won't be anymore.
  11. C

There was an episode of 'Fact or faked: paranormal files' where they investigated a similar case in the USA. I looked uphill but experts measured it and it was downhill.
  12. C

This should be on the optical illusion thread. It is always the case it looks uphill when it is downhill.
  13. C

Lost: Malaysia Airlines—Flight MH-370

Nothing new though. Even if they find it it will shed little light on hat happened.
  14. C

Fortean Places To Visit In Italy?

I saw a tourist photo taken at the leaning tower of Pisa, but they had taken the photo from an angle which made it look straight.
  15. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I think it is about time the mod posted that picture of a train falling into a ravine showing the the direction the thread is taking since its original purpose.
  16. C

The Nicola Bulley Disappearance (St Michael's On Wyre, Lancashire)

I think he was only trying to help. He would have found her body had it been at the bottom but he should have been thorough enough to point out that there were areas of reeds at the side of the river where he would not have found her.
  17. C

Humans have become the dominant species for a reason. Is it wise to mess with the way our brain works?
  18. C

It was generally a documentary on her disappearance, but it also covered a lot of the criticisms of many parties..
  19. C

It was first shown on Friday night. You could tell some of the filming was done recently during the floods. It was critical of all the self styled sleuths who took to social media with bizarre claims. Overall it was not a bad documentary.
  20. C

Pronunciation: 'Forty-Ann' Or 'Fort-Ian'?

Fort-Ian to me.
  21. C

Dyatlov Pass Incident (1959)

I saw that Discovery documentary on Christmas day at my brothers house. It was pathetic, the so called experts took it for granted that the Yeti exists and the Yeti did it.
  22. C

Ghost Vehicles

Have there ever been cases of people following a vehicle then it vanishes in plain sight?
  23. C

'Murder Houses': How Does Violence Impact Sale Prices?

I think at the time Rillington Place was simply renamed.
  24. C

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

Just dirt off peoples clothes.
  25. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

It's more fun when it's a mystery than to be inundated by the science behind it.
  26. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I've noticed it has been darker than expected in the morning.
  27. C

Pareidolia

Not very impressive. If you look at the edge of adjacent tiles (below and to the right) it suggests a light source very close to make the illumination source. It looks staged.
  28. C

How We Die: Proximal And Ultimate Causes Of Death

I was thinking the same.
  29. C

Fort In Sport (Odd Sports & Sporting Incidents)

As West Ham lost 5-0 they were probably glad to miss it.
  30. C

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

I suffer from vertigo and I have nightmares about leaning out of a building 110 floors above the ground.
  31. C

How To Open A Conversation About Ghosts At A Pub

Try chatting to some locals.
  32. C

How To Open A Conversation About Ghosts At A Pub

You could simply ask if the pub is haunted.
  33. C

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

53 years is leaving it a bit late.
  34. C

All this information is in a documentary called "missing or murdered? Claudia Lawrence" made about 4 years ago.
  35. C

But any access to any of your bank accounts would be spotted by police if they were involved.
  36. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Just recently I noticed the number 7 key on my numeric keypad was missing. This was strange as the keyboard never leaves the desk it is on and to unplug it from my PC I would have to crouch under my desk to get to the back of it. A couple of days ago I was picking something off my bed when I...
  37. C

Statistics on missing people can be misleading, numbers that big must include people whoturn up fine quickly. But it is strange how much some make the news more than others.
  38. C

RMS Titanic: Theories, Exploration & Madness!

Don't know why anyone would want a menu from the Titanic, probably a bit too late to order.
  39. C

RMS Titanic: Theories, Exploration & Madness!

According to google How many trips did OceanGate make to the Titanic? It wasn't until 2021, then again in 2022, that the Titan made the first of several dives to the most famous shipwreck in the world. While generally successful, those expeditions hadn't been without their own problems. This...
  40. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I guess some kind of mechanical issue inside the device during manufacture allowed this to happen.
  41. C

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

Must be a fake, not blurry enough.
  42. C

D.B. Cooper: The Parachuting Airline-Hijacker

I disagree, when the $6000 was found in 1980 it had been neatly buried.
  43. C

Borley Rectory

Strange but True did an episode
  44. C

That's done by the same guy who faked the other ones.
  45. C

The Only Ghost Photo I Ever Found Convincing. What Do You Think?

The Wem photo was taken to the British museum of Photography in Bradford and they debunked it. It was on 'out of this world'.
  46. C

On about 35 minutes Maurice Gross goes through that and a few other famous ghost photos.
  47. C

As a conclusion I am convinced the photo is not faked. It is either a ghost or a person who is really there. The suspicious bit is that there is a gap for her between the others, but it is the two to the left who have moved, the girl on the right is in the same place. There is obviously a gap...
  48. C

Black Bears

Interesting that most black bear fatalities are hiking in woods and camping, i.e. when you are on their territory. Bears are territorial, when they are on you territory, i.e. in your garden then seem quite docile.
Back