• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

Ghosts on TV programmes

Nothing found on Google. Unless there is a fortean entry on YouTube, I guess this clip is confined to the fortean lovers wish list.
  2. R

Ghosts on TV programmes

Will do a Google search but you've probably tried that. Sounds fascinating though. It would be interesting to know if any other viewers reported something. Do you think, because it was a kids show, they would never bring it up again?
  3. R

Strange Oddities

I agree totally with the 'quick cat' theory. Our cat is very fast, and that is probably the explanation I know. With it also being a black cat, it made it even more creepy. I must point out, that at no point did I ever think 'our house is haunted!'. They are strange incidents, but never the...
  4. R

Strange Oddities

Afternoon all In our house, some little things have been bothering me recently. I've passed them off for a while now, and maybe they are caused by electrical faults and trick of the mind, but they have certainly given me the creeps in the multitude of times they have occured. Firstly, I...
  5. R

Angel's Singing Caught On Tape?

"screams of the condemned souls of hell taped in a deep Russian oil well"??? Do tell more!
  6. R

Ghost hand on friends stairs - advice please

What is it with stairs and ghosts? As a kid, the stairs in our house were in the living room. The sofa was next to the stairs, which we open (you could still see downstairs when walking up them). I used to sit there watching tv and constantly look up over my left shoulder to check there...
  7. R

The South Shields Poltergeist

Always poor quality. Why? Fascinating account though. I do believe that if these experts eventually do catch clear, good quality evidence on tape, that most other 'experts' will knock them down, because as we all know, it's amazing what special effects movies can have these days? If that's...
  8. R

Arty Farty Had A Party

I do remember this one, I think it was from one of the 80's Police Academy films? Jean Jean made a machine, Jo Jo made it go, Mark Mark did a f*rt, And blew the whole damn thing apart Amused the hell out of me! RS
  9. R

The Man with the Panama Hat

Utterly surreal. I've just got images of this thin, crinkled face and red eyes pearing out from under this hat, emphasising the word 'run'. I've have to use his garden then cause I'd sh*t meself.
  10. R

Creepy Cumbrian clinic (pics)

Creepy. I can only assume that the room is simply being used as storage space. But what is that device that looks like a bycicle helmet? What item did you friend see that was missing?
  11. R

Man who lives in woods.

Just don't sing to him 'if you go down to the woods today...' Unless your quick enough to dodge a slap.
  12. R

GhostStudy.com: What Do You Make Of It?

Oh how I laugh
  13. R

The Lalaurie House

indeed it would Anyone?
  14. R

The Lalaurie House

Be interesting to find out if anyone has any: 1. Recent Pics of the building, inside and out 2. Old paintings etc of the family. Not in a morbid sense, just fascinated to put some more info to this horrific but captivating horror. RS
  15. R

School haunted by "bitter old nun"

Spooky. Must be a brave man. Or an imaginative one. Great account though.
  16. R

Moving Photographs

I'm no scientist, but is it at all possible then for an object to actually be moving ever so slightly and the 'corner of the eye' to pick this up, whilst when you look at the object with your direct line of vision, it appears static? I thought it would possibly be the other way around? RS
  17. R

Moving Photographs

There are a couple of other posts on this board with regards to 'seeing' things just out of your line of sight. I'm willing to put this thread down to a trick of the eye. It seems that the thought of a 'thing' daring to come to life when it know your not looking is just too 'daft' to bring...
  18. R

Moving Photographs

It reminds me straight away of the movie Blade Runner. Hardly any static text or image of any kind, everything is animated in some way. RS
  19. R

Moving Photographs

Sure it's just a Google away...
  20. R

Moving Photographs

Point taken OldTime, lack of experience and understanding on my behalf. RS
  21. R

Moving Photographs

Not being a scientist myself, obviously I cannot fathom a scientific reason why ink on photographic paper should being to move in such a way it would seem that the image is coming to life. OT but on the subject of Escargots input, I also have a disturbing phobia of large portraits with...
  22. R

The Long Road

Not a solution but an example. I was down Oxford UK on a course earlier this year, and decided I needed to stretch my legs after the train journey. So I decided to walk from the station to the hotel (about 2 and a half miles). I had plenty of time and am not unfit so was not worried about the...
  23. R

Moving Photographs

Maybe to ours eyes still pictures move because when we see a human and the signal goes to our brain, it expects it to be animated in the sense? Because we do see 100's of people moving everyday? RS
  24. R

The Barton Mansion

It all looks a bit staged to me but does anyone give the benefit of the doubt? In my eyes it's far too easy to stage something like this. But I guess I'm not the author so I wouldnt know. RS
  25. R

Moving Photographs

Apologies, I have now changed the name of the subject of this post. I have just realised the confusion the term 'Moving Pictures' will cause in relation to the cinematic term. RS
  26. R

Moving Photographs

It could very well have been, LittleGreyLady. Like I say, most of these incidents are simply a trick of the eye. It would be interesting to find out if anyone had performed any tests to try and prove a guilty photograph was actually moving (I know it would defy logic, but doesnt most forteana?)...
  27. R

Moving Photographs

There is a kind of mischevious aura regarding this phenomenan, like the person in the picture knows he might just be able to catch your eye, but it is not largely spoke about or documented. It is covered in films and books, but there is a severe shortage of accounts, old or recent, regarding...
  28. R

Ghost Car? (IHTM)

Not a very constructive reply this, but I would be cakeing my pants. If it happened again it would be interesting to see if the registration was visible and track down it's history (squillion to one shot I know, and that would not be the first thing on my mind). RS
  29. R

Moving Photographs

Hello One thing that has always spooked me is moving pictures. In my old mans front room, he has a small photograph of my Nan and Grandad which was taken whilst on holiday almost 20 years ago. Now obviously it has alot of sentimental meaning to my family and to myself, as both of them are now...
  30. R

Hearing Your Name Called

:( I don't have a Brian. What's he like? My fiancee used to live in a house when she was younger that was haunted by a little girl in a white dress. The girl used to enjoy shouting her name from upstairs when everyone that lived in the house was in the same room :shock:
  31. R

Dog Barking AT HOUSE( Weird canid behaviour)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a dogs vision simply black and white?
  32. R

Ongoing experiment to see if an UL actually works...

I make of it that this is proof that most UL's are tosh. RS
  33. R

An Odd Thing That Happened In A Men's Room

[And strangely, the phenomenon stopped when you moved out. :wink: He hasnt reported it since :P
  34. R

An Odd Thing That Happened In A Men's Room

My dad used to report the same thing a while ago when I lived at home. Only when he investigated, he'd find this large shadow person lying on the floor, moaning ferociously and giving off a very bad odour. Naturally, he went back to bed and it had gone in the morning :lol:
  35. R

dead neighbour returns

Would posters on this board please stop giving me the sh*ts at night? Nice story. That is something that always plays on my mind at night, faces in windows. I'm not being too quick to judge, but that account is a classic. If ghosts exist, then that is the type of story to be told. Very...
  36. R

Buildings Converted Into Houses Or Other Residences

Dis-embodied voices in the dark in a place you do not know? No thankyou. I'm off.
  37. R

ghostly heretic

If it was a ghost then yes, that would explain everything. But lets just for a minute say it wasn't. The old man could have been deaf, that would explain why he didnt move out of the way?
  38. R

ghostly heretic

Very well told... If you hadnt of swerved I have a strange feeling you might not have injured him... Have you done a Google search on this road? Worked for a road in my area, and discovered all was not what it seemed.... Chilling encounter.
  39. R

Your Scariest Ghost?

Bloody hell
  40. R

GhostStudy.com: What Do You Make Of It?

Whoaaah just returned to this thread after months away and there's talk of chicken gravy..... Good to see this post is stil full of healthy discussion. I'll let you carry on whilst I go to the site and review what I've missed. To the pub in 5 minutes then.
  41. R

'One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' being a prime visual example of the sane going insane? Or is that the insane going more insane? The thing is, with the subject of estate, a buildings past cannot be allowed to degrade the property in any way. I am just in the process of buying a house, and...
  42. R

Anything like that gives me the creeps. The sound of a baby crying without an entity is bad, but seeing things like that in the loft just confirms that the buildings past is still firmly attatched to its foundations...
  43. R

The place we went on holiday this year was an old converted barn in Yorkshire. No ghosts to my knowledge I may add, but it still spooked me? I guess it's because you know it was something else, and your imagination is working overtime trying to figure out what it looked like (barn door here...
  44. R

I agree in a way, but if you look at this on a physological/Paranormal basis, negative energy is transmitted from the brain. If the person is distressed and wants to get out the hospital, surely this is negative energy, that as they say, is absorbed by the walls? The average household is...
  45. R

Precisely the problem I had. Everyone I went in, as lovely a setup as it was, I couldnt help but think who had been in there previosuly, whether it be an office bod shuffling patients records or something a little more disturbing....
  46. R

No, I'm not an architect plugging my latest designs... It's something that has always spooked me. A good mate of mine's girlfriend has just moved into a house (well, she moved in 7 months ago). Now this is no ordinary house. The location is in the grounds of an old asylum (which closed in...
  47. R

That house....

Comforting, but my mind works overtime in the dark. Not a jumpy person by any means, just my imagination is always looking for ways to send my hair on end.
  48. R

Cartoon Witch

One of the most scary and vivid childhood dreams (or memory?) for me is this. I must have been around four y/o? You remember those infant height charts you hang on the wall, well I had one with a britsh royal guard on it, in cartoon charter style. He stood with a smile on his face with a black...
  49. R

That house....

Two of my biggest fears when the lights go out in my bedroom. One of them is opening my eyes whilst lying on my back, and something floating over me. The second is something standing beside my bed looking down on me. Gives moir the creeps.
Back