• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. paulsamotis

MEN

Thanks, I reckon there's enough to unpack in this remarkable film to fill a thread of it's own though!
  2. paulsamotis

MEN

Apologies if it has been touched on elsewhere, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the Alex Garland film MEN? It seemed to be at the cinema for a matter of days, so I have only seen it this weekend, courtesy of Mr Bezos. It's tremendously shot and acted, and the English countryside has...
  3. paulsamotis

People You Thought Were Dead

I saw a news item about a Barry Manilow show the other day, I'd have happily bet you 20 quid that he'd died a few years ago
  4. paulsamotis

Ectoplasm

Acora has certainly produced copious amounts of bulls*it in his time, still no sign of ectoplasm though, as far as I'm aware!
  5. paulsamotis

Wellington Paranormal

Have I missed this, or has it never been shown in the UK to date?
  6. paulsamotis

People You Thought Were Dead

For several years I have thought that 'Likely Lad' Rodney Bewes was dead, but he turned up being interviewed on Radio 2 yesterday so I guess he's still with us!
  7. paulsamotis

Falling Body Photograph

Looks like a woman holding her arms aloft to me; the head looks obscurred by a second bit of photoshop or similar- I can see a definite line across the neck area. Either that or it's a Jon Pertwee era Sea Devil!
  8. paulsamotis

FT315

Yay, my electric toothbush heads are famous!! My work here is done!!! :D
  9. paulsamotis

Another UFO Caught In Photo

Orb!!!
  10. paulsamotis

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Thrilled with the news, I've been hoping for Capaldi for weeks now. Hope he gives it the gravitas of Pertwee; whilst Matt Smith has has flashes of genius, at times he has been asked to play it too much like a labrador puppy on Sunny Delight for my taste.
  11. paulsamotis

A Weird Test In School (UK, 1981)

The sound of this siren can be heard drifting across north Bristol at times! :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z__WsHGroFg
  12. paulsamotis

Flying "tic-tac" object

Earlier this year, during a then rare spell of good weather, I was standing at my back door admiring the blue sky after hanging out washing. An object in the sky caught my eye; at first I took it to be an approaching bird as it came into view over a large tree in our garden. It seemed to be...
  13. paulsamotis

Ben Wheatley’s A Field in England

What happened to poor Whitehead in the tent!!? :shock:
  14. paulsamotis

I have been sexually abused by a entity

:shock: Oh...kay....
  15. paulsamotis

Moving Statues?

Manchester's Moving Egyptian Statue Ancient artifact has begun to go walkabout! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029507
  16. paulsamotis

M. R. James

Great news- Mark Gatiss has written and directed a new version of MR James's The Tractate Middoth for BBC Two. The drama will be accompanied by a new documentary on James presented by Gatiss called Ghost Writer. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a48 ... z2WYqnJdIT
  17. paulsamotis

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Dougray and Jessica for new companions please!
  18. paulsamotis

FTs on e-bay today

Ah well, seems no-one wants to buy them! If someone wants to PM me you can have them for free, you'd just need to collect them from Bristol. Otherwise next Tuesday they go out with the recycling!
  19. paulsamotis

FTs on e-bay today

Hi all, Having a clear out so just put about 100 copies of FT on e-bay today if anyone fancies a look. Issues start at July 1992. Cheers! Paul
  20. paulsamotis

Ghost Photography (General: History; Techniques; Authenticity)

I went in there donkey's years ago...very sticky carpet as I recall, more to do with cheap sherry than ectoplasm though!
  21. paulsamotis

Workhouse haunting and the ladies in the wall

Are things any quieter now Clothdoll?
  22. paulsamotis

Ghosts in the Bristol area

A paperback,"Haunted Bristol", was published by Tempus Publishing in Stroud about 7 years ago. You might be able to pick it up on Fleabay, or may even still be for sale. Not surprisingly, the oldest part of town, around Corn Street and the site of the market, seem to have a few reports of...
  23. paulsamotis

Mellowb1rd's Poltergeist Videos

All good fun, but there is certainly fishing line visible at least twice, if you watch full screen in hi def. First at 11 secs, from the back of the sofa, being pulled taught towards the wall (you can even hear it !) then at 18 seconds in the bottom right corner of the screen. He's getting sloppy!
  24. paulsamotis

Ghosts (?) Seen In Google Street View

A very dear friend of mine died of cancer in the summer, but he can still be seen coming out of his front door with his bicycle on Street View. :(
  25. paulsamotis

Possible ghost picture

Curious- any other photos taken at the same time for comparison?
  26. paulsamotis

Dr Who Movie

...or turn the Daleks into Quasimodo Teletubbies! :shock:
  27. paulsamotis

Jimmy Savile

Sadly, he now has.
  28. paulsamotis

The Ouija Board

Jeez, can you imagine how much the Daily Mail would kick off if they did?!!
  29. paulsamotis

FT280

My FT has just dropped through the letterbox, but what's this? TWO copies? And each one stops at page 36? Some mistake surely? I want the rest of my mag!! :(
  30. paulsamotis

Judgement Day: May 21, 2011 (Postponed)

It's a two parter tonight, maybe they could postpone The Rapture until next week?
  31. paulsamotis

The Walking Dead

I guess the whole "waking up in hospital only to find the world has been invaded" business goes back at least to Day of The Triffids? I really enjoyed the opening episode of The Waking Dead but will watch the rest on catch-up to avoid Channel 5's ads which seemed to arrive every 5 minutes!
  32. paulsamotis

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Sea Devils v pirates!! Yes please!! Just not horribly "re-invented" like the Silurians were! :roll:
  33. paulsamotis

Sir Christopher Lee

I was shocked at how frail dear old Summerisle looked. If Peter Jackson wants him to have a role in The Hobbit he'd better hurry up and get it made I think. :(
  34. paulsamotis

The Woodcutter

Very, very odd! :shock:
  35. paulsamotis

Dont panic!!!

On the evening of 18th December there was a planned launch of 100 chinese lanterns planned from the Downs in Bristol- only the snowfall prevented it happening I think. Would have sparked off ufo invasion fears!
  36. paulsamotis

The Walking Dead

Hopefully the Beeb or another freeview channel will buy it and put it out for those of us who cannot justify/afford increasing our digital package to include the FX channel!
  37. paulsamotis

Paranormal Investigation: Live

Surprised not to see a mention of this here. I only managed to watch some of the first night's "investigation". Not a great deal happened, although in it's defence that's pretty much a reflection of my own experiences on vigils. At least it felt like a more sincere attempt than Most Haunted did...
  38. paulsamotis

FT268

Yeah, what on earth is it with the paedophile fiction ad? Who on earth thought that was a good idea??? :x
  39. paulsamotis

FT268

Tumour!! :shock:
  40. paulsamotis

Phantom dogs in Greater Manchester

I think a "pad" was a general term for an informal footpath in the north west, as in Farnworth, Widnes (now Cheshire) where a lane was called "Marsh Hall Pad" as it linked Marsh Hall to the local church during the time of the Great Plague, to enable the disease stricken populace to get to church...
  41. paulsamotis

Has Anyone Else Seen The Harlequin?

A mixture of Harlequin/Morris dance eh? Well, this Morris side freaked me out big time at last years Shrewsbury Folk Festival - [/img]
  42. paulsamotis

Has Anyone Else Seen The Harlequin?

Be warned, if you enter "Harlequin" into Google image search (as I did to see how they look different to a "standard" clown figure) you are greeted with several images of badly deformed babies. Not pleasant. :cry:
  43. paulsamotis

The Thread Of Sherlock Holmes

I thought it was great fun!! However, I want to see Mark Strong in a Crowley bio-pic right now! :twisted:
  44. paulsamotis

Devon & Cornwall

Thank you!
  45. paulsamotis

Devon & Cornwall

Hello all, I've received an e-mail from the step daughter of a French family friend. She is a journalist on a Parisian newspaper and is researching ghost stories from Devon and Cornwall for a series of articles. She contacted my brother, who in turn suggested she contact me (I live in...
  46. paulsamotis

The Wicker Man

A new updated edition of "Inside the Wicker Man", by Alan Brown, is on the way too! I'll replace the previous copy a friend got covered in water!! :x
  47. paulsamotis

The Most Frightening Or Unnerving Song

Greta song, fab version by Show of Hands available.
  48. paulsamotis

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Silurian looked too human! And had breasts!! :shock:
  49. paulsamotis

Scary Grinning Dog Photo

...But possibly this.... http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/ ... e_dog2.jpg
Back