• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. paulsamotis

MEN

Apologies if it has been touched on elsewhere, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the Alex Garland film MEN? It seemed to be at the cinema for a matter of days, so I have only seen it this weekend, courtesy of Mr Bezos. It's tremendously shot and acted, and the English countryside has...
  2. paulsamotis

Flying "tic-tac" object

Earlier this year, during a then rare spell of good weather, I was standing at my back door admiring the blue sky after hanging out washing. An object in the sky caught my eye; at first I took it to be an approaching bird as it came into view over a large tree in our garden. It seemed to be...
  3. paulsamotis

FTs on e-bay today

Hi all, Having a clear out so just put about 100 copies of FT on e-bay today if anyone fancies a look. Issues start at July 1992. Cheers! Paul
  4. paulsamotis

FT280

My FT has just dropped through the letterbox, but what's this? TWO copies? And each one stops at page 36? Some mistake surely? I want the rest of my mag!! :(
  5. paulsamotis

Paranormal Investigation: Live

Surprised not to see a mention of this here. I only managed to watch some of the first night's "investigation". Not a great deal happened, although in it's defence that's pretty much a reflection of my own experiences on vigils. At least it felt like a more sincere attempt than Most Haunted did...
  6. paulsamotis

Devon & Cornwall

Hello all, I've received an e-mail from the step daughter of a French family friend. She is a journalist on a Parisian newspaper and is researching ghost stories from Devon and Cornwall for a series of articles. She contacted my brother, who in turn suggested she contact me (I live in...
  7. paulsamotis

Liver and Milk.....

Wasn't sure where to post this... My wife and kids are away this weekend, and I thought tomorrow I'd do myself a nice bit of liver, bacon and onions for dinner (my wife can't abide the stuff). From the depths of my memory however I've recalled something weird... I read somewhere once that if...
  8. paulsamotis

BBC1's "Apparitions"

Surprised to see no mentions of this show... was there only me who watched it?! Jolly good fun in an "Omen" kind of way! :twisted:
  9. paulsamotis

Prince Albert's Prince Albert

A chap I worked with until recently had, I believe, a genital piercing commonly known as a "Prince Albert" (I didn't check this out personally!) Is there any contemporary evidence that Queen Victoria's beloved husband actually had one, and if not, when did this myth first appear?
  10. paulsamotis

Poltergeist Pint?!?

This experience seems a little mundane compared to some in this section (stick-men! Eek!) but it did rattle me somewhat. It's taken me few days to post as I've been going through all the obvious explanations with friends, and discounting them. Last Saturday evening I was having a quiet pint...
  11. paulsamotis

Positive experiences of mediums?

I recently, on recommendation of a friend at work, visited a local medium. Has anyone had positive experiences of similar, as I'd be interested to compare notes...! The media and public perception is often that they're all frauds, but has anyone had any startling information given to them, that...
  12. paulsamotis

Boiled Egg "Amber"

On "Granada Reports", our local news programme in the north west of England, back in about 1977, there was an item on how to do something odd with an egg. It said that if you boiled an egg (for a specified time that I cannot recall) then simply left it for several years, then the yolk would...
  13. paulsamotis

English Griffins?

Is anyone aware in British myth / legend of griffins? Farnworth, in Widnes, Cheshire (my birthplace) has a legend of a local hero who slew a griffin that was terrorising the neighbourhood in the distant past. It seems to match similar stories of dragon slaying heroes but is definately a griffin...
  14. paulsamotis

Sewer Fatbergs (Giant Fat & Refuse Clogs)

Please let this be a myth!! A friend confidently assures me that the sewage pipes below our major cities regularly become coated with fat waste, from thousands of us daily pouring oil, animal fat etc down our kitchen sinks. So far, so gross, but it gets worse... He reckons teams of workmen...
  15. paulsamotis

The Ancient Ram Inn

I expect this subject has been touched on before, but I'd really like to hear some first hand experiences people may have had at this infamous location, as I'm visiting soon. Ta, and wish me luck!:)
Back