• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. grimnebulin

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

When I was very small, around 4, I was terrified of the clown who 'wound up' the closing credits at the end of Camberwick Green. I would run away from the TV in terror. I remember being badly scared by a clown at Blackpool circus, at around the same age. I was also frightened of the...
  2. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Cochise, that sounds good to me. It's lovely that you live somewhere you can plant trees, I'm so envious!
  3. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

I just wanted to say I feel honoured that so many of you have shared your experiences on this thread. And that Chinese letter...(I'm not crying, you're crying.) One thing I have taken from my dreams of my mum, I feel sure now that there is something beyond physical death. Somehow the 'soul' or...
  4. grimnebulin

A Surfeit Of Dutch Princesses

'That sounds like paranoid schizophrenia to me.' It actually does, doesn't it? Which is disturbing in itself without any 'paranormal' aspect
  5. grimnebulin

wow, so many replies, thank you all. Yes, it was the lack of sense re the radio 'saying' Dustin should be a name for a Dutch princess, it was all a bit unsettling really. I moved into this flat just last month and sometimes I feel that previous inhabitants might still be around. It's not a scary...
  6. grimnebulin

Yesterday I was reading a thread on Reddit, I think it was called 'What is the strangest thing that ever happened to you?' The account I was reading was written by a man who claimed that when he was a small boy, the radio in his sister's bedroom used to 'talk' to him, cursing and swearing and...
  7. grimnebulin

Have You Got A Double?

I'm fascinated reading this thread. My eldest daughter was a mix of my looks and her dads, but when I had her brother 19 months later, he was like a small replica of me! His dad's genes seemed to have bypassed him completely. I have a photo of him aged 7 and one of myself at the same age, and I...
  8. grimnebulin

A Different Kind Of Dream

First of all, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. So many people were kind enough to post on my other thread and I hope this will be of interest to someone. Last night I had a dream that disturbed me and left me with a kind of 'dream hangover', if that makes sense. In the dream I...
  9. grimnebulin

The Everlasting Mystery Of Teaspoons

You must have aquired a breeding pair when you bought the set!
  10. grimnebulin

The Shit Thread: Excremental Discussion

There's poetry in motion! There's beauty in the bran! There is no magic potion, Just prunes and the What-The-F-Plan! (Sorry. I'll get me coat.)
  11. grimnebulin

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

I have just laughed so much I snorted coffee down my nose. Not only unladylike but painful!
  12. grimnebulin

Witnessing Death

my mum had her family around her and died very peacefully in an excellent hospice. I will be glad for the rest of my life that I was there to see her leave this world. We sat and talked to her and promised we'd look after dad and she didn't need to worry about anything anymore. If there is such...
  13. grimnebulin

Most Horrible Day Ever?

I hope you are getting some peace and able to relax. You did a wonderful thing. Be kind to yourself now xx
  14. grimnebulin

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

Wonders if 'kebab' is a euphemism (immature, snurk,snigger)
  15. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

some very touching and sad stories, thank you all for sharing your experiences. I dreamed about my mum again last night, and like previous posters, there was this sense that she had 'come back' from somewhere and would have to return. I've had a really tough time lately and I feel she's keeping...
  16. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

yes i think it will, thank you for reading.
  17. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

I haven't been back to this thread in a while and I'm delighted it's still going. I want to share a very unsettling dream I had a couple of days ago. In the dream it was me who was dead! I was in a room and yet I felt I wasn't really 'there'. Sorry this doesn't make much sense. In the dream I...
  18. grimnebulin

Shared Strangeness At Night

Ooh that's a bit odd. How old is your son? Experienced all kinds of wierdness when mine were little. Hope you don't mind me asking!
  19. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

I understand what you mean about them feeling more like visitations than dreams, Lord Lucan. The times I have dreamed about my mum, since she died, feel "different" from my other dreams. I really feel her presence and when I wake, I have this feeling for most of the following day. I read...
  20. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Again, thanks to everyone who has contributed. Thank you for sharing some very touching experiences and hugs and sympathy to those who need it. I have found that my antidepressants cause very colourful, crazy dreams, which leave me exhausted and questioning reality for a bit. I did dream about...
  21. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Thank you to everyone to who shared their experiences and wisdom on this thread. I remember an episode of Outnumbered where the youngest child had had a nightmare, and her dad was comforting her and saying it was her brain playing silly tricks. She pondered this for a minute, then said "I...
  22. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

You so did
  23. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Yes, I think that's very plausible. The sub-conscious is a strange thing.Thanks, that's really interesting and makes me think.
  24. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Hmm. No, I don't think it's precognitive at all, though what you say is interesting. Thanks for your reply
  25. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Have to agree. Watching the political convolutions (is that a word?) of the past few weeks, I'm just waiting for Malcolm Tucker to appear.
  26. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

It actually is. Thank you
  27. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Thanks everyone for your contributions on this thread, it means a lot. Last night I had a very frightening and disturbing dream, that I still can't seem to shake off. I was being kept prisoner, along with four or five other people. We were in a huge old Victorian house. There were dead people...
  28. grimnebulin

FT342

I really enjoyed the article on fashions in fortean themed tv. Always good to have giggle at Most Haunted. Who can fail to remember Derek in the search for Dick Turpin's ghost; "Mary loves Dick! Mary loves Dick!"... It seems the same with books. I love a good ghost story, but werewolves and...
  29. grimnebulin

FT342

30. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

You're welcome, and thank YOU.
  31. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Thank you
  32. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

This thread has been really interesting to read. I'm returning after a longish absence and I no longer have these dreams, but it's been great to read everyone else's experiences.
  33. grimnebulin

summer of 76

Good point! :D Thanks everybody for your views and stories.
  34. grimnebulin

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

Does anyone remember the story about a US president visiting Poland? I think it might have been Jimmy Carter. He had learned the Polish for saying he desired to know the Polish people or something similar but what he said in his speech translated as "I desire the Polish people carnally." :oops:
  35. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

Not boring at all, Mytho! (if I may address you thus) L'Escargot, thanks for that link, after reading those stories I hid in a corner, quivering! :D Marion, That's interesting, I'll give it a go. Usually though, my dreams are so mad that I can't quite "get a hold of them" IYSWIM. I...
  36. grimnebulin

summer of 76

I think you're right about that, Rushfan. If you're going to do stuff like that you need to be pretty stable I think. I was quite a sensitive kid and anything the least bit paranormal had an impact on me. I was at school in the early 80s and remember other kids wanting to have a séance under...
  37. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

:o eek! are you my husband?! he's always saying that...
  38. grimnebulin

Dreaming Of The Dead

First of all apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I'm still new to this. Not sure if this is the right place for this either! I sometimes dream about people who have died. In the case of my Mum who died two years ago, the dreams are peaceful and reassuring. Yet when I dream about...
  39. grimnebulin

summer of 76

hi Rushfan, do you think the craze had anything to do with "The Exorcist" which came out around then? About a week after my experience my friends sister told us we must never do it again or we could end up possessed! She had just been to see The Exorcist and told us how full the cinema was...
  40. grimnebulin

summer of 76

Thanks for your reply, yes it did help to write it down. It's good to share this with people who understand and don't laugh at me. :D
  41. grimnebulin

summer of 76

Thanks for your comment Scribbles. I don't like even thinking about this experience, the fear and the feeling of "wrongness" if that makes sense, still haunts me. I would never do it again, I feel I was being warned off if that doesn't sound too melodramatic.
  42. grimnebulin

summer of 76

I was 10 years old in the summer of 1976. My best friend at the time was the same age and we hung out at her house because she had a shed that had been converted into a den/ play place where we could hide from the grown ups. My friend had an older sister of eighteen who talked us into doing a...
  43. grimnebulin

"Haunted" flat story as hinted at!

Thanks for your comment Scribbles, yes I was so glad to move back. Sorry to hear about your stress and unhappiness, hope things are better for you now. I have another creepy experience from when I was a kid of 10 but I'm dithering a bit about posting it as writing it down made me feel uneasy...
  44. grimnebulin

Thanks Fanari, that's exactly what I was getting at. I was more unhappy in that flat than I've ever been in my life, I really felt like I was exuding waves of misery and fear! I don't like frosted glass doors either, have found them creepy since I was a kid.
  45. grimnebulin

thanks, I was worried it wasn't very interesting :oops:
  46. grimnebulin

Back in 1993, spouse and I moved from Shropshire to Sussex with our 19 month old daughter and 6 week old son. Our new home was a modern ground floor flat, privately rented. I was very unhappy, suffering with post natal depression and missing the support of my friends and family badly. I knew no...
  47. grimnebulin

comforted by a spirit?

Hi Elderberry, that's a fascinating story. Thanks everyone for your replies and for sharing your experiences. I do believe that intense emotional turmoil can make these things happen. When our eldest two children were small I went through a period of deep unhappiness and it seemed that the flat...
  48. grimnebulin

comforted by a spirit?

Thank you Sundog. Yes I agree, they are spiritual experiences. I was wondering if I should just put mine down to wishful thinking and illusion, but the way you put it makes perfect sense to me.
  49. grimnebulin

comforted by a spirit?

it's good to think that anyone who is "broken" in some way while alive gets "fixed" in the afterlife. Maybe they go back to the age when they were healthiest and happiest (eek! grammar?)
  50. grimnebulin

comforted by a spirit?

thanks everyone, yes it was a difficult time and whatever it was it felt like comfort and sympathy to me.
Back