• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Waymarker

Lost Hill Figure?

In this google earth view its head certainly looks horsey..:) Zoomed out view- And zoomed way out..
  2. Waymarker

ITV Means ACTION In The 60s-70s

Don't know of any guide, but why are you only interested in ITV shows? The other Brit TV channel was the BBC and they had some good stuff too, here are some series that spring to mind but I can't remember if they were on ITV or BBC- 'Dr. Who' 'Blake's Seven' (sci fi) 'Callan' starring Edward...
  3. Waymarker

Dyatlov Pass Incident (1959)

Apart from my 'Murder' theory, I still don't discount the 'avalanche' theory, or to be more accurate a 'snowslide' or 'snow slip'. "The slope directly above the Dyatlov group's tent was 18 to 20 degrees" (p 84 MOTD) I've googled around and learnt that even such a slight slope can produce a slide...
  4. Waymarker

If you're saying a series of separate events combined to make them abandon the tent, can you paint a possible scenario for us?
  5. Waymarker

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

We had a big fluffy grey tomcat named Fred who we loved to bits and one day he disappeared. Later we heard he'd decided to move in with another family a mile away. Huh you try to be nice..
  6. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

Yes, I heard a joke about Coles; I'd never repeat it myself of course, but it went something like- COLES- "Charles and Timmy, I now pronounce you man and wife. Charles you may kiss your bride but I'll do it first!"
  7. Waymarker

I just came across this interesting website which includes the spooky photo in a bunch of other photos taken by the group- https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-krivonischenko. The caption to the spooky pic is- Frame №12 is a very interesting "Old Flemish masters" style photo with Igor Dyatlov and...
  8. Waymarker

On a spooky note, I wouldn't like to meet that (circled) on a dark night, inside or outside a tent, whoever or whatever it is. The pic is from a website (link below) and includes some of the Dyatlovs, date and location unknown-...
  9. Waymarker

It may well be that the Dyatlov's were too gung-ho in deciding to camp in the open up the slope and found out they'd bitten off more than they could chew when a sudden blizzard/gale/freak low temperatures hit them, and as hypothermia began gripping them they might have slashed their way out...
  10. Waymarker

Thanks, I just fed the article into google translate paragraph by paragraph and it airs a new conspiracy theory, namely-whoever is buried in Dyatlov group member Semyon Zolotarev's grave is not him at all but an unknown stranger! That conclusion is drawn after DNA samples were taken from the...
  11. Waymarker

A freak gale is a possibility but the consensus of the searchers was that some of the Dyatlovs had broken off the lower branches of the cedar to get a fire going (I don't know if any other trees were damaged)
  12. Waymarker

As I said earlier, we don't know for sure whether he was an alcoholic because we simply don't know all the details. The Dyatlov's were in Serov for 11 hours waiting for their train connection and some had gone off to give a talk to schoolkids, so they might have been in separate groups mooching...
  13. Waymarker

Here's the extract from Dubinina's diary that you posted- Затем вдруг пристал к ребятам один молодой алкоголик, кот. обвинял их в краже бутылки водки. And here's how google translator translates it- Then suddenly one young alcoholic, a cat, came to the boys. accused them of stealing a bottle of...
  14. Waymarker

Yes, in fact I also entertain the possibility that it might have been a bear or bears trying to claw their way into the tent, and if that's true no wonder they fled in panic. But wildlife experts say that any bears in the area would have been fast asleep in hibernation for the winter, so I'm...
  15. Waymarker

But other websites also claim it was a wallet, are they all wrong too? For example here's a translation from one of the Dyatlov's diaries at another website- "January 24 (7am) We arrived in Serov (town)...We spent 2 hours lecturing and kids did not want to let us go. They sang songs to each...
  16. Waymarker

They therefore had two choices, 1- Run down to the trees partially-clothed in subzero conditions in the dead of night. 2- Try their utmost to get back into the tent through the rips. Inexplicably they chose option 2, even though they must have known they'd almost certainly be running to their...
  17. Waymarker

Yes, that's one of the several "mysteries within a mystery" surrounding the incident..:) I used to think it was a "snow-slip" on the shallow slope that swamped the tent, but a snow slip doesn't account for the terrible injuries most of them suffered. For me, one of the most telling pieces of...
  18. Waymarker

These Roads Lead... Where?

Waymarker said in post #173- "even God apparently can't predict the future!.." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Not only did God test Abraham, but he also tests us on this Testing Ground called Earth. "Blessed is the man who perseveres...
  19. Waymarker

Sense Of Foreboding

I visited the Warminster area on a cycle-camping trip in the 1970's to check out all the famous UFO and entity sites mentioned in the book "The Warminster Mystery" but didn't see anything odd myself. But one minor incident is worth mentioning, namely that as I cycled along a country lane, I was...
  20. Waymarker

For the record the Bible indicates the future is NOT fixed, and that we have free will to do as we please, and even God apparently can't predict the future! He tested Abraham by ordering him to kill his young son, but as Abraham raised the knife God said- "Do not lay a hand on the boy..Do not do...
  21. Waymarker

Man With Missing Time Now Has Missing Finger

I think you've cracked the case mate-
  22. Waymarker

One theory of mine is that if a time traveller went to the past, he/she could never change the course of subsequent history no matter what he did there, no matter how drastic, as if the universe will always find a way to keep history on track! Two 'New Twilight Zone' episodes and a film spring...
  23. Waymarker

Vegetarianism: Roots In Europe?

Check your monitor settings, you must have missed my earlier post where God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3) See, he put plants on earth first, then he later put animals too so that we'd...
  24. Waymarker

Satanism

I'm thinking of being buried in a biodegradable cardboard carton like a Kentucky Fried Chicken, the vicar will say- "Earth to earth, dust to dust, CLUCK-CLUCK-CLUCK.."
  25. Waymarker

Modern Sex Cults

Wonder what the secret initials are? If they look like runic symbols, bewildered guys wouldn't know whether to **** the woman or try to dial the 7th Stargate quadrant on her pussy..
  26. Waymarker

Buddhism

One of my favourite Buddha sayings is- "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."- Buddha And it's especially true nowadays with all the fake news and media manipulation we're...
  27. Waymarker

Gargoyles On Churches

Hallelujah..:)
  28. Waymarker

I was once chased by a herd of cattle in the countryside and had to climb on top of a hut til they'd buggered off. So now whenever I sink my teeth into a nice juicy steak I think "It's payback time"..:)
  29. Waymarker

Wanted, Christian Comedian

Many religionists and non-religionists are crackpots so they deserve being poked fun at..:) "Evildoers...They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city..but thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision" (Psalm 59:6) Right Lassie?
  30. Waymarker

Whoa Jack, let me toss a few other relevant Bible verses into the playpen..:)- God said-"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3) "Do not eat meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire"...
  31. Waymarker

The Cumberland Spaceman

It's just that I don't have the time or inclination to wade through every post of ancient 17-year-old threads (yawn). Anyway it's not a "theory", I'm simply reporting what I saw and heard in the media in the 60's, is that "trolling"? To me, "The Sixties" is not just an abstract thing, I was...
  32. Waymarker

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

Both my parents and my sister were off their rockers, it was like growing up in an insane asylum..:)
  33. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

If JC was gay, I'm Mary Poppins..:) For one thing he went around rescuing naughty girls from fundy mobs- "Take a hike you dickheads, she's with me! Hold your head up baby!" "Thanks JC, coming back to my place?" "Not just now sweetheart, I've got a prior engagement downtown busting the snooty...
  34. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

Hey I just remembered the Willem Dafoe (as Jesus) film "The Last Temptation of Christ" where he asks God to bring him down from the cross to live out the rest of his life like an ordinary man. Bingo, we see him in subsequent scenes with a wife and kids, but after a while he changes his mind and...
  35. Waymarker

Crop Circles

Well the boring round ones are easy to explain, they're caused by the saucer touching down on earth..:) Check out the X-Files episode called "Gender Bender" (below) (ignore that stupid title) where Mulder and Scully investigate a black-dressed cult living in a farmhouse-
  36. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

Well I never married or had kids either but I've always had an eye for the ladies, in fact I shall be visiting the grocers this evening to spy on the women shop assistants as usual from between the tins of baked beans..;)
  37. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

Yes, we're told that at the last supper, that young disciple was leaning up against Jesus in hero-worship, we don't know who he was, he might have been one of society's rejects, perhaps because of learning difficulties or autism, or he might even have been gay, and Jesus gave him something he'd...
  38. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

If Randi really is on Satan's payroll I can definitely think of a motive. Grab your popcorn, here goes- Randi is gay, and like most gays he doesn't like Jesus or Christianity. So by pooh-poohing Uri Geller's "powers" Randi is indirectly suggesting that Jesus's supernatural powers don't exist...
  39. Waymarker

The Doomsday / Apocalypse Thread

Right, many of Jesus's prophecies have been fulfilled, but some are still waiting in line. Incidentally, some skeptics point to the fact that Jesus said in the quote below that they'd all be fulfilled within the lifespan of his own generation (including his own return to earth), but as it hasn't...
  40. Waymarker

A15 Lincolnshire Road Ghost (Ruskington / Sleaford)

Just a thought- lots of RAF pilots who trained at Cranwell were killed in WW2, so perhaps their collective "psychic energy echoes" are still sloshing around the area in some way, I don't know.
  41. Waymarker

'Sliding'

Coincidentally I posted my own experience in this thread just the other day- http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/a15-lincolnshire-road-ghost-ruskington-sleaford.39784/page-5#post-1759250
  42. Waymarker

The Doomsday / Apocalypse Thread

Yes, God alone knows when we're due for clobbering, but to help us brace ourselves for it Jesus offered these clues below in Mark ch 13, I usually avoid posting big chunks of scripture but if there are any Sherlock Holmes out there they might like to have fun sifting through them, as some might...
  43. Waymarker

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

"The great secret of the successful fool is that he's no fool at all"- Isaac Asimov "Become a fool by the worlds standards in order to become wise, for the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight." (Bible:1 Corinthians 3:18/19 )
  44. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

Incidentally I emailed Uri Geller last year and asked what he thought of Randi, and he replied- "I'm grateful for all the free publicity Randi has given me over the years."
  45. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

To his credit Randi once replied to my email when I told him his forum was full of cackling fools who weren't doing his reputation any good; he said something like "Thanks, I rarely go in there myself but will have a look".
  46. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

Yes, if posters can't say something in their own words I'm not interested, I won't be shunted off to watch a video because I just can't be bothered unless they're short clips. If they're longer I might watch IF the poster tells us where to fast forward to to see the relevant bit..:)
  47. Waymarker

Spot The Loonie

Old age is not treating Randi very well, his credibility slipped quite a few notches last year in a TV docu when he came across as a fumbling doddering shell of a man in tears because his young gay lover was being deported or something.
  48. Waymarker

Thanks, I couldn't find the thread but I found this on the net- SLIders and the Streetlight Phenomenon by Stephen Wagner Updated May 11, 2017 The phenomenon that is known as street lamp interference, or SLI, is possibly a psychic event that is just beginning to be recognized and studied. Like...
  49. Waymarker

That's interesting, it seems I wasn't the first to air the "slashed from outside" theory, (great minds think alike and all that)..:) Here's the tent after the searchers re-erected it for examination back at base, it's impossible to tell if somebody slashed in or out. If it was slashed from...
  50. Waymarker

For what it's worth I might as well toss my "Cranwell" experience into the playpen too- About 25 years ago I was doing a night bicycle ride from the Lincolnshire coast to my home in Leicester, and as I cycled past the Cranwell RAF base at about 2 in the morning on a warm summers night, the...
Back