• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. K

Horrible Handicrafts

To go with the stories of wandering human feet, there are many instances of human remains(mostly skins) used to make craft items. William Wallace skinned a strip off the English Lord Treasurer which he made into a baldric for his sword. Tecumpsah, the Native American war chief was skinned...
  2. K

Death in the sky

A seven place turboprop commercial plane has gone silent, and is due to go down from lack of fuel at any moment. Trailed by US and Cuban fighters, it has crossed Cuba. Observers have seen frosted windows, and one of the pilots still moving-though that was some time ago. Hypoxia is...
  3. K

The Black Knight!

I've seen several mentions of this UFO of late. Somehow, Nickola Tesla is involved, there is talk of a rogue thermal blanket,and the loony fringe has this thing linked to everything that happened in the last several thousand years. Certainly its been made a part of things like delayed echoes...
  4. K

Strange business in Maryland

Hot off the keyboard, from the guy who brought you the Baltimore Sinkhole/Landslide, we have the Towson Dump Truck Outrage. Things are still a bit murky, but it seems that some person has rammed the headquarters of WMAR TV with a dump truck. There's a hole in the building,and police are...
  5. K

Scandinavian Ghost Rockets / Bombs (Sweden; 1946)

I just saw reference to this one on TV. I was about to give up on the whole mystery thing, then this one surfaces-or submerges, as you might have it. I wrote a story about just such a thing happening for a now defunct horror and scifi magazine, a few years ago. I had never heard of this...
  6. K

The USS Cyclops & Her Sister Ships

Four big ships. All lost at sea, only one with a known fate. They were Proteus, Nerieus , Jupiter and Cyclops, colliers built to carry coal and refuel navy ships at sea. Cyclops gets all the ink. Jupiter was converted into an aircraft carrier, the Langley, and then into a seaplane tender...
  7. K

Jeremy Bentham's Mummified Corpse: The 'Auto-Icon'

Jeremy Bentham's body was stuffed and displayed in a glass case. The head fell off during a thunderstorm and remains on the floor of the case.
  8. K

A Spooky Tale That Migrated

York County, PA is a hot spot for strange doings-the 1929 Hex Murder is legendary. One oldie is Toad Road. Here, it is said, there was an asylum that burned with the inmates inside, and the storied Seven Gates To Hell were found, local teenagers went there to give themselves a good scare...
  9. K

Tumbling Bones? (The Chase Vault; Barbados)

Is there any new thinking about the Chase Vault in Barbados? The burial vault where the coffins were found in disorder, several times, and now stands empty and open? I've seen the standard stories, but what might have been found,recently? :?:
Back