• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. joeosker

How Much Does A Full Moon Affect Behaviour?

Is that conected to the word "Lunatic" Somehow?
  2. joeosker

Triangular UFO Sightings

Beats swamp gas or Venus I suppose :0) his book is quite good
  3. joeosker

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

Exellent post , ZZ Tops "Rough Boy " video had a very similar motif , now the tech wizards would have used camera trickery and a real pair of legs to get the desired effect ( which is most impressive) the point being , a pair of errant legs wandering about is equally as impressive , but there...
  4. joeosker

Expressing Measurements Via Analogies & Comparisons

By 4 years and 1 inch :0)
  5. joeosker

Expressing Measurements Via Analogies & Comparisons

I know that the measurment of one " Steve" is 5 foot 8 because we used him to meausure a small office
  6. joeosker

A Dogman Or Werewolf

Our Lakeland pup does the same thing , he,s just nosey
  7. joeosker

Translocating Cat

Sorry its a bit late , just the usual dog wants to go out, let her out close the back door , dogs back in the house , I suspect miss direction , our new pups not done it yet , but im sure he will ; o)
  8. joeosker

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

ive looked and never found it either , on various sites
  9. joeosker

Translocating Cat

Dogs also have the power ;)
  10. joeosker

Tinnitus

Me neither
  11. joeosker

Coincidences

Our pub internet juke box plays a random tune after its turned on , saturday night it picked "lone ranger " by Quntum jump , also the first tune I picked , as theres no speaker were the juke box is , I could here a song start playing in the bar , but not clearly enough to recognise it ,
  12. joeosker

Magnetic / Gravity / Mystery Hills (Where Things 'Roll Uphill')

About the same distance for me , there's an old ATV news item from the 70, s with my Dad, who was a regular , doing the demo , i, ll see if I can find it
  13. joeosker

Magnetic / Gravity / Mystery Hills (Where Things 'Roll Uphill')

The Crooked House( The Glynne arms ) in the Black country is worth a look
  14. joeosker

Improbable Derren Brown Stunt

Always thought , if it was as described , he went a bit to far with that one
  15. joeosker

Help With Odd Insect Identification

On the Greek Island of Rhodes , couple of years back we had what looked like a Devils Coachman but as long as a playing card , there were grown men on chairs ;) the hotel boss said she had no clue as to what it was
  16. joeosker

Auditory Pareidolia With Repetitive Mechanical Sounds

Our washing machine used to say " jonny jonny " when it fired up ;)
  17. joeosker

Bizarre Auctions

At a harvest festival auction at my local a few years back , a fiver went for a tenner ( it was for a good cause though)
  18. joeosker

Appearing Kids

Krav Maga
  19. joeosker

Appearing Kids

Will do
  20. joeosker

Appearing Kids

I, ll give it a go
  21. joeosker

Appearing Kids

Monday just gone , myself and the erchin are driving back from Krav practice. We stop at traffic lights on a crossroads and on our right is an old pub, now turned into 4 flats, attached to it. The right side is a fenced in yard (mesh , you can see though it ) there's also a door to the property...
  22. joeosker

Unhappy Houses & Odd Happenings

The road were I walk my dog has a kind of 'nowhere ' feel to it , just houses on both sides ,
  23. joeosker

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Its an urban myth , but it was Bob Holness not Richard Whiteley :)
  24. joeosker

"THE PIES THE PIES" On The M6 & Other Classic Graffiti

Best one I saw , years ago was on a white and dirt Tranny van it read " I like Tench"make of that what you will
  25. joeosker

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

Once, after a night out got invited to 21st birthday party, a few miles away , the girl I was drinking withs brother took us, free wine or pay for beer, two bottles of wine later im dropped off on the main road to walk to my house (middle of nowhere, south staffs countryside) I remember...
  26. joeosker

Has Anyone Got Any Guardian Angel Stories To Share?

Mine, if I have one has been an older man driving a blue Marina estate , who gave me a gallon of petrol when he saw me pushing my bike in the middle of nowere, and refused money for it , and an old lady with one of those two wheeled shopping trolley things who walked slowly across the road at a...
  27. joeosker

Arachnophobia

Only about 2 in across , put up a fight though (large house spider)
  28. joeosker

The MMR Vaccine & Its Alleged Risks

Private eye magazine had the anti vac lie sused years ago
  29. joeosker

Arachnophobia

Our dog Caine had a bit of a tussel with a large tree spider , I separated them and put the now seven legged spider outside out of harms way , only for it to come back the next day for round 2 , gotta respect the spider
  30. joeosker

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Hi , only saw it the once (so far) it was the straight flight that was most odd , but it was gone so fast I had no time to get a good look, although it was at a slight downward angle
  31. joeosker

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

That rings a bell with me , saw something similar about 6 months back , the description is spot on walking my dog aroud 9pm the road turns sharp right , houses on both sides and a factory wall facing me , the thing came into view right to left in a dead sraight line and disappeared between the...
  32. joeosker

'Ghost Hunting' Shows Are Getting So Bad That It's Beyond Amusing

Gravity falls for adults , well sort of ,I,d watch that
  33. joeosker

Impossible Physics

Great post, we had a coffee mug move itself (apparently) from a beam to the floor , the exposed beams of the kitchen had about 90 hooks with a mug on each , it suffered no damage , only 3 people in the house with no practical jokers (it is old and haunted though):)
  34. joeosker

From Ravens To Corgis: Should We Be Afraid?

Keep calm and.I,'ll make the tea;)
  35. joeosker

Attack On An American Transport Plane (1940s)?

It's by Richard Lazarus,set in 1939 San Diego
  36. joeosker

Attack On An American Transport Plane (1940s)?

Hi ,sure I've read that tale in "Unatural Caueses" a book that is somewhere in my spare room,I,'ll dig it out ,:)
  37. joeosker

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

So can (some) dogs
  38. joeosker

Disappearing Large Insects

Had to rescue one from down my then girlfriends blouse, back in the eighties, ever the gent,me!
  39. joeosker

Odd Human Skin Pigmentation (Blue; Purple; Etc.)

It was a kind of double take ,we were looking at stuff in the store ,as I liked up towards the doorway he was walking by ,he was about 6ft leather jacket,jeans,looked about 35, bald and green ,he had his hands in his pockets,no one else seemed to notice,
  40. joeosker

Odd Human Skin Pigmentation (Blue; Purple; Etc.)

Saw a bloke in Birmingham last year outside the Apple shop who was green ,imagine one of the Blue men ,normal cloths ,like that but green
  41. joeosker

Did We Smoke Out A Time-Traveller?

Great post ,reminds me of a remembrance day at our local church a few years back ,a lot of regular faces ,ex service men and woman ,about 50 of us in total but one guy just stood out (to me anyway ) he, d be about 25 but had the air of someone older,like he had seen active service, he had a...
  42. joeosker

Crossroads Spirit

I did return from an excellent party one Friday/Saturday in the early hours, our house was down a lane from said crossroads ,my mom asked had I past a horse as one had woke her up walking up the lane towards the crossroads ,no I didn't ,never did work that out
  43. joeosker

Strange Coincidences?

Speaking of coincidence,about 10 years back ,me and the wife to be visited some of her old friends in Halifax ,after about 5 local bars ,a great night being had by all ,we say our goodbyes ,and I find a bunch of keys on the floor of the bar,show them round to the few customers left ,when our...
  44. joeosker

The X-Files

The episode with the man/lizard freaked me out ,good twist on the man turns into Wolf/Bat/Were Rabitt, tale;)
  45. joeosker

What's Your Jinx/What's Your Luck?

Slightly off centre ,but once ,in a pub I brought a raffle ticket 267 I think, and 'knew'it was the winner not hoped ,just knew it would be the winner I even told my pal Vicky ,'that's going win , it did win the prize being a play your cards right game guessing higher or lower playing cards ,I...
  46. joeosker

Disapearing Red Plane

Yep,just like that It's the only thing I could think of ,there is an Airline that flies red planes out of Florida,I could see below the clouds though
  47. joeosker

Intuition Experience

Had a van nicked off a pub car park (same one as the burning pen incident) we were there about 2hours and remember thinking or sensing or being informed in some way "the vans being stolen"no voice in the head ,just a feeling,dismist it as just an odd thought,should have taken note
  48. joeosker

Disapearing Red Plane

The small plane was below the cloud, the red one entered the highest cloud from the right and did,nt appear to come out
Back