• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. U

Italian Church Dinosaur

Except it doesn't look remotely like any dinosaur that has ever lived. You can't call it an extremely lifelike representation when the only thing it has in common is that it's got four legs.
  2. U

'Chupacabras' Again?

What original description? There are dozens of descriptions. The big eyed spined one may be the most famous, but it's a relative late-comer.
  3. U

Predictions for 2008

Fidel Castro will decompose. There will be turmoil, strife, explosions, and dance routines in the Middle East. I will have tasty pancakes.
  4. U

Healing Waters

Ah, yes. Bloody great story.
  5. U

Simulacra

Jesus is on a smudge on my trombone. Well, it's either Jesus, Elvis, or a berserker who has had his head ripped in half.
  6. U

Litigation Gone Mad?

This is a bit old, but you've got the facts of the case a bit wrong. One, she wasn't the driver. Two, the coffee was served at dangerously hot temperatures, far hotter than it could be drunk at and hot enough to cause third degree burns through clothing. Three, McDonald's had received...
  7. U

Were Aleister Crowley & Adolf Hitler One And The Same?

Some mystical sounding gibberish. It doesn't actually mean anything. Does that even qualify as a coincidence?
  8. U

"Mysterious" Infrastructure Objects

There's a house near where I live that has its windows completely boarded up and a radio tower coming out of the top.
  9. U

Top Ten Paranormal Hoaxes

Roswell is somewhat a hoax. The story we know today was more or less invented in the seventies. There wasn't even a cover-up. The military had one of their weather balloons crash and they collected the debris, and informed the town that it was a weather balloon. Granted, it was also a...
  10. U

Dragons: Evidence They Existed

Honestly? Marco Polo probably made the whole thing up. He most likely never got any further than Persia.
  11. U

Military Coup Against Bill Clinton?

It probably wouldn't be that smart of them, since the ultimate loyalty of the troops isn't to the generals. It's to the President, or, in the case of the Marines, to the U.S. Constitution. Don't know how that would play out in real life since it's never happened before though.
  12. U

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

My sister apparently thought our parents were vampires.
  13. U

Reversing PIN Numbers

Just because it's patented doesn't mean it works. Ideas are patented, regardless of whether or not they work.
  14. U

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

A few days back, I woke up, and heard music. Nothing particularly odd, except I was the only one in the house. And the music was from a scene in Akira, the only copy of which in a several mile radius was tucked away in a suitcase. I later put it down to an auditory hallucination, on the...
  15. U

No Bananas Allowed In Women's Prisons?

Let's see. The banana is native to the Americas, and thus would have become known to Europe and the Middle East in 1492 at the earliest. The Koran was written in the 700s.
  16. U

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

I believed there was an invisible man in the sky who would make everything right. I also believed that the dinosaurs on the wallpaper in my bedroom were alive and moved when I was asleep.
  17. U

Feeling Rain Drops Inside

I've felt the same thing too. Inside, I can usually locate a leak of some sort. Outside, it occurs in situations where it could be expected, such as on overcast days or when I'm walking under a tree. Sometimes I don't find water on my body, and in those cases it is likely to be nerves...
  18. U

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

Perhaps, but American newspapers in the early 20th century didn't have much in the way of journalistic integrity. In short, they often made stuff up. Makes it bloody difficult to isolate fact from fiction about that time period.
  19. U

Almost Supernatural

When the sink in my kitchen drains, it sounds just like breathing. Creeped me out the first time I heard it, and creeped out everyone I told the story to.
  20. U

Video & Computer Game Urban Myths

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the "Secret Cow Level" from Diablo. For those unfamiliar with it, supposedly if you cast Town Portal near the cows, a different colored portal would open and you would be able to enter a secret level. What was in it varied from rumor to rumor, but the...
  21. U

What Drew You to Forteana?

I saw a UFO*, and ended up reading about that sort of thing. (I hadn't yet separated cryptozoology, UFOs, the paranormal, and fortean occurances in mind.) My belief was later replaced by skepticism, but I still find all those subjects interesting. I must confess I use this board mainly for...
  22. U

Alleged Natural Recovery From / Immunity To Fatal Disease

All prion diseases (Kuru, CJD, BSE, etc.) are 100% fatal once the disease occurs.
  23. U

A man who lived in the leeds

Not to mention Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. Contrary to popular belief, "crown" does not refer to the symbol of royalty. It refers to something that gets rather icky when it breaks.
  24. U

Unidentified Sea Creature Washes Up After Typhoon (China)

The description of the body in general and the skull in particular pegs this as a badly decayed whale.
  25. U

Giant Turkeys With Blue Balls (Of Light)

It is, however, flammable. It's not inconcievable that small pockets of methane might briefly burst into flame. Alternately, the lights could be a localized phenomenon, like ball lightning, resulting from aberrations in the Earth's electromagnetic field.
  26. U

Bizarre Animal spotted in Cardiff

Sheesh. What's with all the foxes with mange? This is the third one i've heard about in about 3 or 4 months.
  27. U

Why DID the Chicken Cross The Road

Ernest Hemingway: To die. In the rain.
  28. U

little devil

Colin got it. Looks a bit like an oversized mini to me, but I can't think of any RPG fiends that look like that.
  29. U

Honey Island Swamp Monster

Somewhere (I forgot where) it was shown that the tracks of the Honey Island Swamp Monster were actually the tracks of a 'gator.
  30. U

Babies & Possible Unearthly Beings

I'd have to agree with Messalina. I remember staring at the dust swirling in sunlight for quite a while when I was a kid.
  31. U

The Darwin Awards

I'd just like to point out that none of these are authentic Darwin Awards. Every so often someone invents a bunch of stories and circulates them around the Internet, trying to pass them off as actual Darwin Awards.
  32. U

The Eggman—Including The Monster Of Glamis Castle

Re: HP Lovecraft Stories I believe the second story is "The Rats in the Walls".
  33. U

Fall of Lucifer

IIRC, the Islamic Satan is a bumbling idiot.
  34. U

Creationist Theme Parks

Birds, probably.
  35. U

Hidden Messages In Recordings ('Backwards' / 'Reversed')

Well, if you play the Weird Al song Nature Trail to Hell backwords, it contains the hidden message "Satan eats Cheez Whiz".
  36. U

Weird Humanoids

Loveland Frog Speaking of the Loveland Frog, the police officers involved in the sighting never reported a humanoid amphibian. They reported a small lizard.
  37. U

Elephants' Knees

Re: Trunk There are dozens of mammals with trunks outside Probiscidea. Animals that are not members of the clade Synapsida do not have the necessary facial muscles to develop a trunk. Although the current theory regarding sauropods is that they had a short trunk, but it did not even...
  38. U

'Ata' (Atacama Humanoid): Chilean Micro-Humanoid Corpse

Wow, Rense, real bastion of credibility. I say it's a fake.
  39. U

Predictions for 2004

1. There will be unrest in the middle east.
  40. U

Humpty Dumpty

A while back I heard that the children's rhyme "Humpty Dumpty" was about a cannon. Can anybody tell me if this is true? I would greatly appreciate it.
  41. U

Swan Attack!

A swan once tried to eat my foot. In hindsight, it was actually pretty funny.
  42. U

What Do You See In Rorschach?

They're pretty much all demons. IX is a demon sitting on a throne.
  43. U

The End

:D
  44. U

Spotless Ladybirds

*Gasp* The ladybugs are starting their invasion! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!
  45. U

Fascist Fido?

"Heel Hitler!" I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :D
  46. U

Strange Deaths

The Washing Machine Death is a UL. Try Snopes. I'm too lazy to look it up myself.
  47. U

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

Not so subtle bump Thank you for completely removing any possiblity of me falling asleep tonight.
  48. U

Great Acts Of Stupidity

Ahem. http://www.darwinawards.com Thank you. :cool:
Back