• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Bullseye

Caecilian's Produce 'Milk'

If true that's incredible for an underground amphibian.
  2. Bullseye

Is The Planet Mars Ruled By A Race Of Beavers? (And A Giant Barometer To Boot)

Oh no, what does it take to pacify a giant beaver ?.
  3. Bullseye

Weirdness On A Walk

Not a walk, but I was going to fish the incoming evening spring tide at Camber Sands. Because it's so flat you're about a kilometer out from the dunes on a big spring tide. Felt really uncomfortable, looked behind me, knew where the sand bars and gully's were that can trap you when the tide...
  4. Bullseye

Scorpions

Austria, a few years back, staying with friends/relatives farm house, wake up early hours of the morning, need a pee. Go to the toilet in the celler so's not to wake anyone up flushing, "Ahhh..." look down, fricking scorpion !, could'nt move, mid flow. Next morning, "So... no one told me about...
  5. Bullseye

Polar Bear Proclivities: Not Cool

Well they have managed to survive many Ice Ages and interglacial warming periods.They've been around for about 130,000 years.
  6. Bullseye

Reintroduced Animals

Bloody things have nearly taken my leg off when I've been fishing. Have been "chittered" at by mink a few times, like polecats on steroids.
  7. Bullseye

Invasive Species

Actually aren't there a few surviving large Elm trees in the centre of Brighton? There were two that I know of in Brighton (think one may have come down?), when I saw them I had that "I don't recognise these,b ut I think I should", moments.
  8. Bullseye

Crows

Found a young magpie drowned in the pond yesterday, a cat was resposible for it (probably mine, she kills anything from squirrels downward). I know a cat did it because the adult birds are now attacking any cat they see. Was watching them with a nieghbors cat in my garden, they'd got him trapped...
  9. Bullseye

Crows

Yep, quite a few birds like sand bathing, have also seen birds "bathing" on wood ant nests, the formic acid the ants squirt (get a tissue and rub the ants with it, then sniff the tissue !) gets rid of parasites. Some of the crow family have been seen doing the same with burning embers from a...
  10. Bullseye

Crows

Ravens turned up here on the cliffs about 15 years ago, never here before in my lifetime. See them sometimes flying over the Old Town (nearest part of the town to the cliffs. Even the herring gulls don't like it when the ravens are about !. Love to see them.
  11. Bullseye

Crows

A fox recently had a young magpie (bitten through quills, typical fox) at the bottom of the garden, so you can imagine the racket every time the adult birds see a fox, quite a few times each day. They call in nearby adult birds too. Today there was a hell of a commotion going on, went down to...
  12. Bullseye

The Cloud Appreciation Society: Rare & Unusual Formations

Sorry to disapoint, it's the sun going down just of of Beachy Head.
  13. Bullseye

The Cloud Appreciation Society: Rare & Unusual Formations

Trying to organise my photo's and I found these at last, they were in the sky all afternoon.
  14. Bullseye

Exotic Birds In Great Britain

Re, hole nesting birds, breeding success is often down to how many available nest holes there are, often more birds than available nest holes. If Parakeets take over nest holes native birds will suffer. Native raptors will scare off prey speices, if Goshawks move into an area grey tree rats will...
  15. Bullseye

Exotic Birds In Great Britain

Saw a flock of them a few years ago at Chessingtons (Theme Park) giving obvious alarm calls, looked about ,sure enough Sparrowhawk nearby. Not one other person noticed !. People are totally unaware of what's happening around them. And not exotic but saw my first Goshawk last week, f*****g...
  16. Bullseye

Out Of Place Animals

Used to keep ferrets when younger, very playful, should think skunks are similar, same family (Mustelids).....as long as you don't scare them.And god forbid any nearby cat gets white paint on it's back.
  17. Bullseye

The Abolition Of Cash

My solution would be, Don't get rid of Cash. We don't want this technology because our goverment WILL misuse it.
  18. Bullseye

The Abolition Of Cash

China is now experimenting with it's digital currancy to have an expiry date on it, so you can only spend and not save !. Don't forget most goverments look at China and wonder if they can get away with the same tricks. Bank of England and Goverment and "those with a vested interest" are in...
  19. Bullseye

Big Fish (Caught By Fishermen)

There's a small fishery developing off the Western UK for tuna, very strickly (self) regulated, all catch and release and fish tagged. Quite a few shoals are now regularly off the West coast and even in the English Channel. Vids of the on youtube. Allways a good sign when top predators return...
  20. Bullseye

Coywolf Menace!

Apparently, nearly all wolves and coyotes in Eastern American states of the USA and Canada are to a certain extent hybrids. Nearly all have DNA from each other as well as dog. So even though they will all try to kill each other (if the numbers are right), they will also cross if the...
  21. Bullseye

British Bigfoot?

I did too, but apart from a slight difference in accent you sound far too much like me !
  22. Bullseye

British Bigfoot?

I was going to say "Well to be fair she seems a bit disabled" ,seeing her in the Youtube vids, but you seem to know more than i do. I do listen to her podcasts, some interesting snippets in there.
  23. Bullseye

Birds: Miscellaneous Notes, Observations, Etc.

They feed on rubbish heaps in Spain, so much food they don't have to migrate all the way to Africa !. Saw four a few weeks back on a house in the middle of the town. Migrating birds from the Knepp Estate here in Sussex, captive breeding of injured birds obtained from Poland, the young are...
  24. Bullseye

Wishing Trees / Coin Trees

We used to have a pub called The Wishing Tree, closed long since, used to be in Wishing Tree Road, very close to where I grew up(was left to go feral more like). Did come across an old Yew tree with 2p bits hammered in it, wandered past it a few years later and it was dead !. First time I saw...
  25. Bullseye

It's Weever Fish Time

I've seen what these little buggers can do. Chap getting one out of his shrimp net, he knew what it was just slipped up. You would'nt believe how much a thumb can swell up !. Never go into a sandy sea without beach shoes.
  26. Bullseye

British Bigfoot?

I'm with you on that, most Pauline's are a bit mmeehhh, although I did know one years ago who would do the most remarkable............oh I get what you're saying.... :cool:
  27. Bullseye

British Bigfoot?

Hmmm, the running water thing is also a bit David Paulides, tenuous lexilink.
  28. Bullseye

Why Does It Get Lighter In February

Absolute piffle, it's because the Sun is pulled across the sky by magic goats (or something), they get up a bit earlier each day but they sometimes get distracted by space herbage and suchlike that's why it can vary. Toward the end of the year they get tired so spend more time in their spacebeds.
  29. Bullseye

British Bigfoot?

Got a lot of time for Paul Sinclair, listening to him you can tell he wants to get to the bottom of it all. Very good on Howard Hugh's show, get the feeling Howard is impressed by him to. And Paul could'nt get any more no nonsense Yorkshire if he stood there with a strong cup of tea in one hand...
  30. Bullseye

Wild Boar

Using only green technology, ie, nettle twine and a pointy stick.
  31. Bullseye

Prepping For One's Own Death: Death Cleaning; Dödstädning

I've actually been trying to do this the last couple of years. Wifes parents died within a year of each other, two years later the siblings are still trying to sell, shift, give away stuff. Each time I help out I say it's time to dump whats left, they are gradually coming round to the idea. So...
  32. Bullseye

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Following on from post a few above, reminded me of this chap, he died from it I believe, but it's popular with a small sub section aof a certain community.
  33. Bullseye

Camouflage

Sorry, did'nt realise my title for the jpeg would show, you would'nt want to know what some of my titles in my folders are !.
  34. Bullseye

Camouflage

This is my prefered camo for deer /boar whatever watching. I use trousers that have a touch more green in them as there's always a few brambles still green in winter. Advantage Hardwoods camo. When I was in Florida there was a superstore called Outdoor World, I did buy a lot there.Archery...
  35. Bullseye

Places That Attract Suicides

Missed the Beachy Head posts. There is a fantastic (ecumenical, but not 100% sure) team that look out for possible jumpers, and try to talk them out of it. They have the "spidey sense" when they see someone. Very good success rate.Donations always needed to keep the vehicules running. I always...
  36. Bullseye

Cetacean Culture

There is always the possibility that the Killers did it purely because they could. If one of their own pod has a problem, if they can understand the problem, they would try to help. They don't think the same way we do, never assume other animals are reacting the same way we do. Cuthbert the...
  37. Bullseye

The Loch Ness Monster

Plesiosaur, Elasmosaurus, Mososaur all ridiculously unlikely. However, there is covergent evolution, where species that are totally unrelated end up looking very similar because that "design" is most fitted for the job, alligators and crocodiles last common ancestor was about 80 million years...
  38. Bullseye

The Clipper Zone

When I was a smoker I had a brass Zippo, lasted years (still got it), when the hinge got a bit wonky sent to Zippo and they put a new one on free of charge,cleaned it,polished it, new filling, flint,the works. While it was away treated myself to a new one (hardwood camo), was a bugger to find...
  39. Bullseye

Christmas Gnomes At Museum

There used to be the Gnome Reserve in North Devon,https://www.gnomereserve.co.uk/ closed down last year but the Gnomes have been found a new home nearby !. We went there a couple of times when kids were small as youngest (special needs) loved gnomes ,still does and he's late 20's now. In the...
  40. Bullseye

Christmas Gnomes At Museum

Alright I'll do it, 1. Underpants 2. ? 3. Profit
  41. Bullseye

The Finnmen — Inuits In Early-Modern Scotland

As an aside, there is a chap in town who builds kayaks from plywood and transparent fiberglass, he tows his personal one behind his pushbike when he takes it to the sea. It truley is a thing of beauty.
  42. Bullseye

Blimey, I would think almost anyone who now speaks modern English, German, Dutch or any of the Norse tounges would understand that. Just shows how close we are.
  43. Bullseye

I'm sure everyone knows the Norse settled in Greenland from 1000AD to1500AD during a warm period (who was burning vast amounts of fossil fuels then?) until the cold returned. So they knew about the skraelinga, wether there was trade or conflict who knows. But they were farmers by then so more...
  44. Bullseye

The Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell Scandal

Anyone taking bets on when she will be suicided ?. Or can Reddit allow one of it's senior mods to be offed?.
  45. Bullseye

Norwegian Undersea Surveillance Network Had Cables Mysteriously Cut

So no doubt Russian submarines entering the North Atlantic. Quite serious. Interesting given the politics going on at the moment.
  46. Bullseye

Out Of Place Animals

OK, here's something to think on. Walrus (Hval rus, red whale) used to live around the British Isles and the rest of Northern European coastline going back many years. Are they truely an Arctic animal or is it because of persecution that they are no longer found here. Could the ones that have...
  47. Bullseye

Out Of Place Animals

Speaking of Wallabies, anyone know if the colonies that were in Ashdown Forest (Sussex) and the Peak District are still going?.
  48. Bullseye

Yet Another Type Of Ancient Human?

Maybe alcohol was discovered much earlier then supposed ?:cool:
  49. Bullseye

Yet Another Type Of Ancient Human?

Guess what?, another one........ https://www.livescience.com/new-human-species-named-bodoensis All getting a bit embarassing now.
Back