• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Old_Shoe

Who Was That?

https://nypost.com/2020/11/12/sound-beaming-technology-will-play-music-directly-to-your-head/
  2. Old_Shoe

UAPs Over North America (February 2023)

I'm still wondering WHAT the non-balloon objects could be. They were floating in the air like a balloon and with no visible means of propulsion. I recall they reported that one of the objects was shot down it was observed to have hit the ground and break into pieces, suggesting it was quite a...
  3. Old_Shoe

Orange Spheres

The orb I saw remained unaffected by our passing, but if it was a balloon I wouldn't find that surprising. It wasn't close enough to catch our wingtip vortices.
  4. Old_Shoe

Orange Spheres

In October 2018 I was on a flight from Houston to Seattle. I was sitting in a window seat on the left side of a 737 near the engine and I like to look out the window when I fly. The sun was just coming up when we took off to the south. We banked right and turned northward and were climbing...
  5. Old_Shoe

Bigfoot & Orbs

I reckon I could set up a trail cam in my back yard. That is something that occurred to me. I don't know how expensive they are...or even, where to find one. It might be worth looking into it tho.
  6. Old_Shoe

Bigfoot & Orbs

Thank you SimonBurchell! I'll look for that next time I go to Barnes and Noble! I have seen mention of foot prints that just end for some inexplicable reason.
  7. Old_Shoe

Bigfoot & Orbs

We live in Texas on the edge of the Big Thicket. There are reports of bigfoot sightings here. I've never seen one. Lately, I have seen TV shows that are claiming witnesses are reporting to have seen bigfoot creatures vanish before their eyes. They also report seeing orbs of light flying...
  8. Old_Shoe

Two Balls Of Light In The House In The Night

Your lights sound similar to lights I've seen in my back yard. We've lived in this house in southeast Texas for 25 years. Our back yard is wooded. Not long after moving in I caught a glimpse of light flashing through the treetops. I looked up at it but it was gone. I thought it was strange...
  9. Old_Shoe

An Airborne Orange Ball (Houston Area; 2018)

I flew out of IAH on the north side of town.
  10. Old_Shoe

A beach ball would have wrinkles. This thing had a very smooth, polished appearance. The sun glinted off it.
  11. Old_Shoe

A couple weeks ago I flew from Houston to Seattle. I sat in a window seat on the left side of a Boeing 737, just even with the front of the left engine. We took off to the south then banked around to the right and headed north. I looked down and recognized I-45 below us and to our left. We...
  12. Old_Shoe

"Paper (Bag)" UFOs

I never heard another word about our odd sighting that day. Houston is a big crazy city. I've seen a lot of strange things there that never made it into the news. Driving to work early one morning I passed by a group of cops standing around a dead body. Their car headlights were all aimed at...
  13. Old_Shoe

"Paper (Bag)" UFOs

I think it was white or light gray. Not a brilliant white but kind of neutral. The likelist explanation we could think of at the time was maybe it was an advertising sign being towed by an airplane. Some of the tow planes they use have very low stall speeds and a slight head wind could give...
  14. Old_Shoe

"Paper (Bag)" UFOs

That's how I'm remembering it. Bear in mind this occurred on the order of 20 years ago now. It had us totally baffled!
  15. Old_Shoe

"Paper (Bag)" UFOs

Not used to this phone, but the sketch should give an idea what we saw. The object appeared about the same dimensions as the church. It was above the church. We never saw any motion. It was just there for about a half hour then it wasn't there anymore. It looked like a solid object. The...
  16. Old_Shoe

"Paper (Bag)" UFOs

I made a rough sketch of what we saw that day.
  17. Old_Shoe

"Paper (Bag)" UFOs

This reminded me of something weird a bunch us us saw in downtown Houston in the late 90's. We were at work in an office on the 12th floor of a highrise building. We had a pretty nice view from up there. About a quarter mile away there was a brick church with a tall steeple. Someone happened...
  18. Old_Shoe

Crossroads Spirit

Yes, that picture is it. No, the girl was not a trick of light, she appeared very real. I can't say she wasn't real. I just had a strong feeling both times I saw her that it's best to leave her there. And the coincidence with identical weather conditions both times I saw her. And finally...
  19. Old_Shoe

Odd Flash Of Light

Absolutely no other traffic. There was no other lightning at all. Very rural...empty fields in all directions. No street lights. I think the landing light theory is the likeliest explanation, although I was probably 8 or 10 miles from the airport.
  20. Old_Shoe

Odd Flash Of Light

It's pretty rural. No chance the light was from any farm machinery in my opinion.
  21. Old_Shoe

Odd Flash Of Light

This was Wednesday night. I had just flown from Houston to Minneapolis. Looking out the window of the airplane as we approached Minnie, I could recognize the lights of Faribault, Kenyon, Owatana and Northfield. We were probably no more than 4 or 5 thousand ft AGL at that point, so the cloud...
  22. Old_Shoe

Odd Flash Of Light

There were no cars behind me as far as I could see, which would've been a couple miles. I thought of lightning, but there was no other lightning or rain activity. No power lines. No train tracks. One thing just occurred to me though....some airplanes have retractable landing lights. There...
  23. Old_Shoe

Odd Flash Of Light

I've seen mention on these forums of strange flashes of light. I saw a flsh of light last night, but I haven't seen any mention of a similar sighting. I was driving eastward at about 1am last night on a rural Minnesota road. I was traveling at 60 mph. There were naked corn fields on both...
  24. Old_Shoe

Orange Lights

Gads...I'm on a laptop computer that has a demented mind of its own. The cursor jumps around and it self edits in a most perverse fashion. The above disjointed mess is a product of that. I apologize.
  25. Old_Shoe

Orange Lights

Interesting story, Dale. Back in the late 90's I was sailing with my parents on Charlotte Harbor in southwest Florida aboard their 30' sailboat. We anchored for the night in an anchorage area between Punta Blanca Island and Caya Costa State Park near the opening between Charlotte Harbor and...
  26. Old_Shoe

Has Anyone Here Had A Classic NDE?

I read qattino's original post with interest and did not respond because I've never experienced an NDE. I have had some experiences when I knew death was certain. In one case I was at sea in the north Atlantic during a winter storm. It was night time and I was sent with three other guys to...
  27. Old_Shoe

Crossroads Spirit

I've never heard the term "walking frame", but it would sound like what I was referring to. Just a frame made of aluminum tubing that people use like a cane, but with both hands. I think THAT and something about her overall appearance gave me the impression that the girl belonged where she was...
  28. Old_Shoe

Crossroads Spirit

The town I mentioned is Old Town Spring, north of Houston, Texas. It's a neat place to visit. Before it caught fire and was permanently closed down I used to enjoy visiting Wunche Brothers Saloon there. It was built in 1901 and was used as a saloon and bordello. Wunche's is reportedly...
  29. Old_Shoe

Crossroads Spirit

Back in the early 90's I used to avoid the highway traffic and take the back way home from work in the afternoons. My route took me through a notoriously haunted small Texas town. One day I was driving home and it was very close to raining on me. There was a dark thunderstorm approaching and...
  30. Old_Shoe

Alien Craft, Military Plane Or Weather balloon?

I remember going to the Wings Over Houston airshow back in about '90 or maybe '91. I took my wife and our, then, young sons and we met up down there with my brother. We had a good time watching the show and seeing all the interesting airplanes. When the show was over the crowd dispersed to...
  31. Old_Shoe

Are Statins Good for Wood?

Back on the subject of statins, I discovered I cannot take statins at all. A bunch of years ago I had a doc tell me I HAD to start taking drugs for my blood pressure and cholesterol or, "You're gonna DIE"! I argued with him and he was quite insistent and I finally relented. I started taking...
  32. Old_Shoe

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

The Day A Bomber Hit The Empire State Building On July 28, 1945, residents of New York City were horrified when an airplane crashed into the Empire State Building, leaving 14 dead. Though the events of that day have largely faded from public memory, they remain etched in the minds of those who...
  33. Old_Shoe

Broken Escalator Phenomenon

I haven't measured and I don't know, but I suspect the rise on the escalator steps is a bit greater than the rise on ordinary stair steps. And as for the airport people movers, I've encountered those things in inoperative condition and I've noticed that people tend to stay OFF those. That's...
  34. Old_Shoe

Time Distortion

I don't think this has anything to do with a time distortion, but the phenomenon was mentioned....when I first met my wife I turned around and saw her standing there and I recognized her. I knew she was my wife. There was no doubt in my mind....just recognition. Some years later I told her...
  35. Old_Shoe

A Double Doppelgänger

I've seen some strange things over the years. I think most everyone has, and different people have different reactions to it. Personally, I'm curious as to what's really behind some of the odd goings on. But I also believe that a lot of people simply look alike. I started a new job about a...
  36. Old_Shoe

The Thing in Ottine Swamp

We live in Montgomery County in Texas and I've seen reports of investigated sightings here on the North American Wood Ape Conservancy site. http://woodape.org/ My wife and I have heard inhuman sounding, LOUD screams in the small hours of the morning coming from the bayou behind our house...
  37. Old_Shoe

Lights In The Woods

A bit unrelated, but it reminds me of the time I spent an afternoon in my back yard in Texas chopping an oak tree stump into submission. It was hard work and I'd worked up quite a sweat, so when the sun finally went down I went in the house and took a shower. With clean clothes and feeling a...
  38. Old_Shoe

Haunted work places

Naughty_Felid, you asked if any other odd things happened around that old airplane hangar, and the answer to that is a resounding YES. We had a parts storage area on the second floor of the back side of the hangar. In that storage area were stored some pieces of wreckage from a fatal...
  39. Old_Shoe

Haunted work places

Back in the 80's I worked in an airplane hangar that was said to be haunted. I always found the upstairs men's room to be really creepy and I never felt alone in there when I should have. People used to report some really strange things happening in that building. The only thing I personally...
  40. Old_Shoe

Rational explanations for shadow people, please...

Floaters in your eyes might be part of it.
  41. Old_Shoe

Artificial telepathy

The telepathic arguing will be a very quiet din, indeed.
  42. Old_Shoe

Artificial telepathy

We see things from different perspectives. We have different views of our world. Different political views that we cannot seem to reconcile between ourselves. But we are speaking mostly the same language (at least for the sake of argument....we're all communicating here in English). But I'm...
  43. Old_Shoe

Artificial telepathy

The basic idea is something I've kicked around for awhile. You keep seeing stories, whether true or not, where people encounter "aliens" who communicate with them telepathically. And maybe that telepathic ability isn't something that is naturally occurring with them, but rather the use of...
  44. Old_Shoe

Bizarre Encounter In A Shop

That's an odd and interesting story and it reminded me of a strange encounter I had back in early '95. I was traveling and had a four or five hour layover at Boston Logan airport. I didn't have much money to play around with so I took the elevator up to their observation platform and made...
  45. Old_Shoe

The House On Glass Street

That's a good story Ulalume! We live just north of Houston and have driven around and by Victoria a few times over the years. Never spent much time there and don't know a lot about it other than it appeared like a nice lookin' town from what we saw of it. But I don't think I'd want to live in...
  46. Old_Shoe

One reason I continue to `believe`.

Zeke, I have no trouble believing your friend's story. Your description of what he saw sounds very similar to something I saw one day in the early 90's over Ellington Field in Houston, Texas. I had taken my wife and young kids to the Wings Over Houston airshow. We met up there with my brother...
  47. Old_Shoe

Odd Lights On The Golf Course

Been a long time since I've seen lightning bugs and I'm not sure anymore if they're greenish or bluish. I guess what I'm trying to say is not necessarily lightning bugs in the literal sense, but rather any type of small swarming insect LIKE that possessing bioluminescence ability. (I'm on a...
  48. Old_Shoe

UFO over the North Atlantic.

I was in the US Coast Guard in the 70's and stationed for two years aboard a high endurance weather cutter. Our primary mission at that time was ocean station patrols. We were on a patrol in the North Atlantic and it was late at night when I was on watch on the bridge. We heard our lookout on...
  49. Old_Shoe

Odd Lights On The Golf Course

Maybe lightning bugs like to make tight little swarms?
  50. Old_Shoe

The Invisible Crowd

Maybe a high school football team was out jogging around the neighborhood. I could see that happening.
Back