• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. XEPER_

Mysterious Events Podcast

Episode 2 is out now. I know EVERYONE here just loves Aleister Crowley and needs as much content as you can possibly get about him, so this episode is about Boleskine House. :) Find the podcast here, or check out the video on YouTube!
  2. XEPER_

Yeah, Crime Junkie are the top podcast pretty much in the world, didn't do them any harm either!
  3. XEPER_

Crime Junkie were accused of directly lifting entire pieces of text from other podcasts like Trace Evidence, like pages of the stuff, and reading it out on their own show as if they'd written it.
  4. XEPER_

I will cite users if I mention a post, and of course this board. I know all about Crime Junkie taking content (full on plagiarism they were accused of) without crediting people, and the backlash they (rightly!) faced over that, I wouldn't want to do anything similar, even if I was that sort of...
  5. XEPER_

Why wouldn't I? Have I done something I'm not aware of? I'm not trying to be a dick here, you've got me worried now!
  6. XEPER_

Are you getting at something?
  7. XEPER_

If I find anything suitable :D I'll probably write each episode and then look on here and Reddit for interesting facts.
  8. XEPER_

BTW I had to add my name as literally the day after I set up my YouTube channel another one appeared with the exact same name, posting AI generated content. So I had to add my own name so people would not stumble across theirs and think it was mine! :mad::hahazebs:
  9. XEPER_

Hey all! I've decided to start a new podcast focusing on less well known unsolved mysteries and the like. It's called "Mysterious Events with Steven A. McKay" and episode 1 is out now on the major podcast outlets. There's also a (very basic!) video for it on our YouTube channel. I'm planning to...
  10. XEPER_

Aleister Crowley

I just wanted to add to this earlier post to revise my opinion on that book. It's actually really good, despite the bizarre printing where most of the page is blank and the text is in a tiny font.
  11. XEPER_

Aleister Crowley

Yeah, I read that one when it came out, I thought it was a great read.
  12. XEPER_

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I have Britbox now so I might dip into some of those episodes you mentioned. If I ever stop watching Jeremy Brett as Holmes!
  13. XEPER_

Aleister Crowley

I recently bought City of the Beast after (I'm sure) it received a glowing review in FT. I'm not really into it though so it'll be up on ebay in a week or two. If anyone's read any other good, RECENT books about Crowley I'd love to know about them.
  14. XEPER_

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I would love to jump on the "anti-woke" bandwagon and proclaim my love for Dr Who of old. Tom Baker was the best and all that! But I watched Tom's first ever episode again the other day and it was absolute cack. I stopped watching it in the 80's so as far as I'm concerned the producers can do...
  15. XEPER_

Anton LeVay Killed Jayne Mansfield?

I completely believe that a curse could harm someone. I have personal experience of it happening. Not a curse exactly, but a protection "spell" which caught up with someone who'd destroyed the object it was protecting. Or it could just have been coincidence....
  16. XEPER_

J.R.R. Tolkien

Gah, thanks for ruining it for me! *throws book in the bin*
  17. XEPER_

J.R.R. Tolkien

Not really. Most books you read with a good idea of how it'll end (damsel rescued, bad guys vanquished (for now) victory to the heroes). The interesting part is how it gets there.
  18. XEPER_

Fortean Podcasts

If anyone likes true crime, check out Counter Clock season 4. Great listen. I don't know if I'm allowed to say that I've actually started a podcast with fellow historical author Matthew Harffy. Rock, Paper, Swords! is onto episode 2 now. It's mostly about writing historical fiction so far...
  19. XEPER_

Phone Weirdness

Yep I just got a new phone from O2 and had a right faff trying to actually go through the process of upgrading to it. Within about an hour of me messaging O2 on Twitter (privately!) I got a call from someone claiming to be O2 and telling me I could get money off my phone. It was very clearly a...
  20. XEPER_

FT420

No IHTM makes me sad. EDIT Doh, just found it! :D
  21. XEPER_

Phone Weirdness

Yes, but I've never seen an advert for one of them before....
  22. XEPER_

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

Oh come on. You can't leave it there. Get that photo and post it here!
  23. XEPER_

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

My son watches YouTube videos about that all the time. It does my head in hearing bizarre TV logos from the 70s blaring all day. He's 8!
  24. XEPER_

Phone Weirdness

We all know our phones listen to what we say, and show us ads for things we talk about. But what about our THOUGHTS? We got new taps fitted last week and the plumber accidentally scraped the sink. He told me a "ceramic bath rubber" would get the marks out so I've got one and been using it. It's...
  25. XEPER_

Graham Hancock (General / Compendium Thread On His Work)

I've enjoyed some of Hancock's work. I find it interesting to wonder about ancient civilisations, and the suggestion that some ancient artwork depicts a guy in a spaceship doesn't seem much crazier than a dead guy going to the "underworld" in a "world tree". I mean, do we need to debunk...
  26. XEPER_

Fortean Times On eBay

I have a massive pile of FTs from the past few years that I might as well sell if I can get £3 a pop for them on eBay! Was going to just gather them all together and drop them in a charity bin, but charity starts at home as they say.
  27. XEPER_

Love The Art, Hate The Artist?

I listen to black metal and some of those bands - Dissection and Burzum for example - murdered people. As long as it's not in the music, or the lyrics or anything like that, I can look past it.
  28. XEPER_

Love The Art, Hate The Artist?

Oh FFS, I saw this comment and thought it must be about a certain Arthurian novel which I didn't like so I googled it and am very upset to realise it's not that series at all. It's someone else's. Someone whose books I absolutely loved. I won't be reading or recommending those any more then. I...
  29. XEPER_

Fortean Podcasts

Everyone I know pronounces it "weejy", must be a Glasgow thing. I recently found a podcast called Blurry Photos, it's pretty good. Sometimes there's far too much silliness and I've ended up turning off a few episodes because of it. But there's some pretty good ones in there too.
  30. XEPER_

Fortean Podcasts

I was reading the meters last week in Bargarran, would have been ideal listening to your second podcast about the witches since I believe they were actually from there rather than Paisley. :) I've tried to find the location of the house which is gone now, but I've no idea. Apparently it's around...
  31. XEPER_

Fortean Podcasts

Hi Gordon, one of the guys from the Talking Till Dawn podcast tells me (via Twitter) that he'd like to join the forum but his IP and email address are banned for some reason if you (or some other admin) could help him out somehow?
  32. XEPER_

Fortean Podcasts

They've said on Twitter that the next Paisley Witches episode is on the way but not sure when - they have a different episode lined up to out soon though. I finished the Battersea Poltergeist episodes this week, been fun going out to work in the dark - reading 'leccy meters - while listening...
  33. XEPER_

Fortean Podcasts

I listened to that, and today finished the one about the "Moving coffins" in Barbados. I honestly find that guy's puns so irritating, and the fake laughter from everyone after them, that I don't think I'll listen to the show any more. It doesn't help when they always prove our old favourite...
  34. XEPER_

It's Happening To My Mate... Right Now

Maybe. Or maybe staff at places that make their money by being "Haunted" are encouraged to make a visitor's experience more memorable...
  35. XEPER_

It's Happening To My Mate... Right Now

Could it be possible that some staff member waited until they left the room and sneaked in to toss the papers on the floor. You know, adding a bit of spookiness to their experience?
  36. XEPER_

Footsteps Behind Me, Then No One There

When I worked in Dumbarton Castle I heard footsteps behind me a couple of times. Once, I was locking up, completely alone in the building, and heard someone walking right behind me - I'm getting chills writing it now, I shat myself at the time and made a hasty exit. Another time I was waiting...
  37. XEPER_

Paranormal Caught On Camera (TV Series)

That's actually pretty creepy to be fair. IF they were just randomly filming in the middle of nowhere, and just happened to find some woman in a white dress lurking in the trees...
  38. XEPER_

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

I don't really understand what you want from all of this. Why would the police investigate noises THAT NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY HEAR IN REAL LIFE?
  39. XEPER_

Woman Caught Breastfeeding Hairless Cat On U.S. Airliner

That was weirdly entertaining.
  40. XEPER_

The House In The Marsh (Inspired By FT 408!)

My new novella is out NOW on Kindle and paperback (free to read with Kindle Unlimited). This is part of my Forest Lord series which started off as a reboot of the Robin Hood legend, but moved onto something a little different. The story sees John Little (a bailiff), Tuck, and Will Scaflock...
  41. XEPER_

Hidden Rooms / Secret Rooms & Spaces

Have to wonder why he had a hidden room.
  42. XEPER_

Could it be possible that the noises are travelling along the pipes? If so, they could probably travel quite a distance. Unless you can find someone called Gareth, for example, living or working nearby, I don't know how you could figure out where the noises are coming from. If the pipework is...
  43. XEPER_

Well that is just bizarre. Honestly, I'm not really surprised the police didn't want to get involved - they could sit there and hear nothing themselves. If you then let them listen to a recording that has screaming on it and told them it was recorded as they were sitting there, I mean....How can...
  44. XEPER_

Well, that's some different noises from the ones I heard before, in your compilation of clips that lasts about a minute and a half on the website. I have to say, that clip you've posted there DOES sound like kids playing to me, certainly in the first half of it. But the ones in the clip that...
  45. XEPER_

Well, yes, and I was actually joking. But seriously, if you heard footsteps and thought someone was in the house and there wasn't....What explanation do you have for it, other than supernatural?
  46. XEPER_

I've only just listened to those noises and yep, they're pretty disturbing. If they were genuinely recorded in a basement I think I'd be expecting some kind of police investigation too. It does NOT sound like kids playing at a swimming pool, or messing about.
  47. XEPER_

Well it seems to me like you're over-complicating the whole issue then. There isn't any tunnels or criminals, it's simply GHOSTS!
Back