• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. XEPER_

Mysterious Events Podcast

Hey all! I've decided to start a new podcast focusing on less well known unsolved mysteries and the like. It's called "Mysterious Events with Steven A. McKay" and episode 1 is out now on the major podcast outlets. There's also a (very basic!) video for it on our YouTube channel. I'm planning to...
  2. XEPER_

The House In The Marsh (Inspired By FT 408!)

My new novella is out NOW on Kindle and paperback (free to read with Kindle Unlimited). This is part of my Forest Lord series which started off as a reboot of the Robin Hood legend, but moved onto something a little different. The story sees John Little (a bailiff), Tuck, and Will Scaflock...
  3. XEPER_

Jack O'Legs: A Robin Hood-Type Character

Someone recently mentioned Jack O'Legs to me, as if I should know what that was. I've written a few novels about Robin Hood, but I'd never heard of this legend, and neither had a couple of other authors writing about Hood and some guys I would consider uber-fans of his various incarnations...
  4. XEPER_

The Druid: Now Available To Pre-Order!

I think some of you will get a kick from my new novel. And screw the guys shutting this place down! LINK - getbook.at/TheDruid Northern Britain, AD430 A land in turmoil. A village ablaze. A king’s daughter abducted. In the aftermath of a surprise attack Dun Buic lies in smoking ruins...
  5. XEPER_

Dumbarton Castle & Info On My Forthcoming Druid Novels

A little more info on my new druid books and some pics from Dumbarton Castle. https://stevenamckay.com/2018/08/19/dumbarton-castle-and-bellicus-the-druid/
  6. XEPER_

Shared Strangeness At Night

Woke up the other night, about 2 in the morning,all fairly dark but I thought I could see a figure walking out the room. Female, pretty tall. Could even hear the soft footsteps on the carpet. I read, and listen to a lot of podcasts, about the paranormal so I just put it down to my imagination...
  7. XEPER_

Dumbuck Hill: The Sleeping Giant. William Wallace, Thomas the Rhymer, Secret Tunnels & The Druid!

Short new blog post with some nice pics HERE
  8. XEPER_

Podcast Section (Fortean Times Magazine)

Just wanted to say I'm really liking this new adddition. I've looked back through the recent issues and downloaded a few of the episodes mentioned in them, been enjoying them in my car at work the past couple of days. I didn't mind the "Coffee With Jeff" song unlike the reviewer, but I did find...
  9. XEPER_

FREE historical fiction novel? Over 1000 4&5 star ratings!

Anyone fancy a FREE Kindle edition of Wolf's Head? This is the first book in my Forest Lord series which has over 100,000 sales. I don't normally give my novels away for free so if you enjoy historical fiction, particularly Robin Hood/ medieval tales in the style of Bernard Cornwell or Simon...
  10. XEPER_

FT354

The weekend is sorted! Had a quick look through FT, the Les Dawson piece should be good.
  11. XEPER_

FT352

This arrived yesterday but, irritatingly, went to my mum's house instead of mine. She gets me a gift subscription as an Xmas present and the people in the subs department always make a total arse of it. Will post a photo of the cover later when I'm not so furious :fckpc: :p
  12. XEPER_

FT351

Looks a good one. Don't see a Jenny Randles piece but Barry Baldwin has an article.
  13. XEPER_

FT350

Fortean Times 350 just plopped through the door. Looks a good one! Mythconceptions is an interesting one for me - I always thought it was true, to the extent I've been telling it to my 9-year-old daughter!
  14. XEPER_

FT349

Sorry, I know some of you still haven't got 348 but my copy of January's issue arrived about a week ago, I just hadn't bothered posting the new thread as I haven't had a chance to look at it. You'll be glad to know IHTM is back - personally not too bothered as I think the majority of the...
  15. XEPER_

Fancy a FREE Xmas Audiobook from Audible / Me?

I have some codes to giveaway to Fortean Times readers for my audiobook Friar Tuck and the Christmas Devil. If you have an Audible account, just add the code to get it for free. If you don't have an Audible account, just log in using your Amazon details (same company)! Since this is the Fortean...
  16. XEPER_

FT348

Just came in! Krampus on the cover, more of the clowns which don't seem to be in the news now and what looks a really interesting article with some worms. :cool:
  17. XEPER_

FT346

Just came through the door, Hallowe'en issue! The "Hitler's Hellmouth" and "A Visit to the Underworld" pieces look really interesting.
  18. XEPER_

FT343

Mine came today! Looks an interesting issue although I have to say I doubt the cover art would draw in new readers. The piece about writing on the clouds will be good I think, and the little cartoon on the editorial page tickled me! I don't normally read the Strange Deaths these days, but I did...
  19. XEPER_

FT342

Get in, subscription is back on track and I'm first to get the new issue! :-) Not even looked at it yet, I only just got last months during the week.
  20. XEPER_

Three odd things yesterday

I was working in Milngavie (near Glasgow) yesterday. I'm a meter reader in my day job so I get about and this particular area is well to do and "leafy". Of course, yesterday Hurricane Henry was battering us so I was out in the evening rather nervous! I was also listening to the HP Lovecraft...
  21. XEPER_

Friar Tuck has written a foreword for my new novella!

https://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/2015/10/03/friar-tuck-has-written-a-foreword-for-my-new-novella/ Due out this Christmas, very excited about this! :clap:
  22. XEPER_

RISE of the WOLF! New Robin Hood...

The third book in my Robin Hood series is out today. Wolf's Head was a Kindle top 20 bestseller, The Wolf & The Raven was the WAR chart number 1 and today it's time for Rise of the Wolf. Find out more here: https://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/
  23. XEPER_

FT329

Just arrived, looks pretty good with some stuff on werewolves. The pages seem to be curling up in a strange manner which I've never seen before though...Anyone else notice that? I wonder if they've switched to thinner paper. I notice a news piece on the weird "sky sounds" people have apparently...
  24. XEPER_

Standing stones near Dalmellington

I found these today, purely by 'chance'. There was a sign but I was in a hurry so didn't stop to read it, although I did take a photo. I didn't spend anything like as much time here as I'd have liked as I had to get back to work but I did feel it was a magical place. Certainly wanted to come...
  25. XEPER_

FREE Hospitaller/Lovecraft-ian Novella, Anyone?

My novella Knight of the Cross is FREE on Kindle until Monday, if anyone is looking for a light, fun read. It's a spin-off from my Robin Hood novels and deals with my Knight Hospitaller facing ancient, eldritch evil in medieval Rhodes... getBook.at/KotC-Kindle...
  26. XEPER_

FT324

Came this morning, looks like a pretty good issue. The article about conspiracy theories looks good as does the haunted farm!
  27. XEPER_

FT321

First! :twisted: Opened but just had a flick through - clown story looks interesting...
  28. XEPER_

Translocating book

I was going to take my 6 year old daughter to the library the other week so we went up to her bedroom to find the books she had borrowed. We spent ages hunting for "The Secret Garden" and eventually found it under her bed IIRC. So we left it on top of the bed and continued to look for the rest...
Back