• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

An Increase In Fake News? Debate

The local paper where I come from is awful! You can pretty much bet that whatever you read in it has maybe a small grain of truth somewhere but that's it. They don't check up on any sources; people get interviewed making these outrageous claims, like they're a registered nurse or they play...
  2. M

Black-Eyed Kids

An effect easily acheived by contact lenses. Do we know when this story is supposed to have taken place? I know that at least 8 years ago you could easily enough obtain contacts that made your eyes entirely black, because a friend of mine wore them on a regular basis.
  3. M

Black-Eyed Kids

Well I guess you got me there! :heh:
  4. M

Black-Eyed Kids

I can go along with that. They'd certainly be capable at that age. If we give this guy the benefit of the doubt and he's not making it all up, then he's just incredibly stupid if he thinks kids that age are normally as infantile as he suggests. Nothing about the behaviour of these children...
  5. M

Black-Eyed Kids

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! You really think that if a person insists they are not lying that they are not? And more importantly in this case, you think people need a reason to make crap up? Am I the only person who is constantly having to deal with pathological liars of the worst sort? Am I some...
  6. M

Aliens gave me psychic powers

No fair! I was abducted by aliens and all I got was this lousy T-shirt! :headbutt:
  7. M

An Increase In Fake News? Debate

I'd say there's a fair amount o' BS been pilin' up since News began.
  8. M

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

Hmmmm, perhaps that's where the term "I'm all ears" comes from. Probably not. Say, I'm glad to see the DHM thread is still a-goin' on. Wish I had something more substantial to contribute. I've known some dog-headed folk but I don't think that's quite what we're talking about. However...
  9. M

The Soggy Biscuit Game

Man, where I live we have the highest STD rate in the country. Not to mention drug use, teen pregnancy, and all that other good stuff. Nobody gives a rat's ass about diseases. You see a lot of mouth sores and such around here.
  10. M

Toad Venom As A Drug (Toad Licking; Etc.)

That's good enough for me!
  11. M

Amputation in Star Wars

:laughing:
  12. M

Thanks, Leaferne, that article's great. My favorite quote: "If you had a toad, we would have to prove you were licking it on purpose, or you had given it to someone to lick on purpose." So what would that get you? Toad possession with intent to lick? Wow. Incidentally, I stepped on a...
  13. M

Amputation in Star Wars

And now he's amputating the movies themselves. What a tool!
  14. M

How 'bout all them people that were lickin' frogs a while back? Anyone remember that? That was freakin' awesome. I mean I always lick frogs anyway, too bad I don't have any of the good stuff around here.
  15. M

Where The Hell Are The Flying Cars? It's The 21st Century!

Hey, check it out, you can Purchase A Skycar!!!! Hmmm... "Moller International is accepting deposits to secure delivery positions for our M400 Skycar until after the Skycar has flown from hover to full aerodynamic flight and returned (transitioning flight)." Yeah, I like to throw my money...
  16. M

Where The Hell Are The Flying Cars? It's The 21st Century!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when (about... 1990ish?), my dad knew this guy who invented a flying car. I mean really, he was in the news and stuff. Can't remember his name. Anyway, it wasn't what you normally think of when you think futuristic flying cars; it was a car with this convertible sort...
  17. M

Brown Mouth- WHAT happened to me?

Re: and the results are in well, travbot, I admit that I came in here fully intending to make a rude joke about what caused you "brown mouth." But then I saw your avatar. Mega Man rules. So having established that, I'd say it sounds like it's them tablets what did it. However, if you're...
  18. M

The Soggy Biscuit Game

Hell, who doesn't like to think of guys spankin' it on bread? Damn! Now I gotta type one-handed. BTW, your friend's band was from OZ????
  19. M

World's Youngest Criminals

Just so long as it doesn't play biscuit with the biscuit!:D
  20. M

The Da Vinci Code

The yolk is on the other hoof....??? True, true. But not really the same thing. And I'll wager it's not called Taurus, right? Still, I profess ignorance on this subject. But really, I just don't think his sentence made very much sense.
  21. M

The Da Vinci Code

Wasn't Da Vinci the one with two swords and a blue mask? Well, folx, I'm only about 25 pages into it, and I'm already cringing. First of all, he made some comment like "the zodiac is the same all over the world, and Taurus is always the bull." (not an exact quote) Well, I think that sentence...
  22. M

Giant Rabbits

Night of the Lepus is a gloriously awful movie YES! With DeForrest Kelley! So you know it's all true, damn it, Jim! I am 6 fourteen year old girls! How did you kn--no, no, wait, I'm 14 six year old girls. My mistake.
  23. M

Gangs driving round with lights out

Re: Re: D.A.R.E. to be stoopid Yeah, I remember their visits to my school. Wasn't sure if they did anything else though. And I still like my versions of the name better.;)
  24. M

Gangs driving round with lights out

D.A.R.E. to be stoopid D.A.R.E. is some anti-drug police force. I know it's here in America, wasn't aware it was anywhere else. Maybe that's a clue this is fake? (As if we need another). The thing is I can't remember what it stands for. Drugs Are Really Excrement? Don't Accept Reefer...
  25. M

Satan is from Mars . . .

People are the same every over You know, people are always saying what are the chances that two societies completely unconnected to each other would make similar structures? But I think that people tend to overlook the fact that there are ways of thinking that just seem to be inherent in human...
  26. M

Why Would Aliens Care If We Destroy Earth?

Perhaps they cannot return to Cybertron? Energon cubes. There is the Keel theory that they are actually of Earth, manifestations of whatever. I know a few people have already mentioned this via the Faerie connexion. And I'm not saying I believe it, mind you, but it's the only way I can...
  27. M

Victorian & Victorianesque Ghost Stories

Innocents Found Yay! I finally was able to tape the Innocents off AMC. Haven't watched it all yet, but it's great so far.
  28. M

Smurl Poltergeist

More fun with the Warrens Oh man, I just struck gold. I got a copy of an old book ('80s or thereabouts) about Ed & Lorraine, called Ghost Hunters. Man, is it entertainment and a half. I'll have to find some good quotes and share them. It's all about their adventures with ghosts, demons, and...
  29. M

The Soggy Biscuit Game

Well, you don't have to play if you don't want to. ;) Seriously, though, I don't think logistics are a big consideration when a bunch of guys just want to get together and "bond." The guys I knew that did it probably got very excited and whether or not the game worked out well, I'm sure...
  30. M

A column I found regarding John Edward

Didn't he do that Sunshine song? Let's not forget the fact that he debuted on the Science Fiction channel!
  31. M

When Movies Attack; Or Art Imitating Life

His name is Robert Paulson It just shows to go you how stupid people can be. Fight Club in no way glorifies violence. People miss the point. I knew some dork who said he was starting a fight club. 'Course I knew that all that meant was that he was saying it. Anyway, I stand by my belief...
  32. M

The Soggy Biscuit Game

I can't believe it's not butter Wow, the overwhelmingly popular question on this thread is, "Does anyone know anyone who's actually done this?" Huh. Certainly no one has posted 3 times already saying yes, I know someone who's played it, that's how I learned of the game. :p Honestly, I don't...
  33. M

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

Red Hairring I remember one. Esau, wasn't it?
  34. M

A Good Read: Book Suggestions & Recommendations

RIF Anything by Robert E. Howard or Chuck Palahniuk.
  35. M

Automata / Automatons (Mechanical Figures): General / Historical

That's an interesting site. Thanks!
  36. M

Pig Meat! Pig Meat! A Defence Against Suicide Bombers

Ah, I remember this well. Say, whatever happened to old Mr. Beck--bjeck--whatever? Flew off back to Planet Mensa?
  37. M

God & Devil in Cahoots??

Who died and made me God? Mine will go God: Here you go, I kept your throne warm for you.
  38. M

Smurl Poltergeist

"We've got to leave the warren, Hazel" Well, you're lucky then. 'Cause here in America it's unavailable, even through Amazon. That was a great review, though, and I also urge everyone to read it.
  39. M

Mystery TV Programmes Of The Seventies

I concur! I love that series; own the whole thing on VHS. I also have the movies on DVD and I'm hoping they'll release the series on disc. Darren McGavin is such an excellent actor. I also have the Jeff Rice novelization of the Night Strangler and would love a copy of the Kolchak Papers...
  40. M

Victorian & Victorianesque Ghost Stories

Innocents ARGH! I saw part of the Innocents on AMC and I want to see the whole thing, but it's only available on VHS! I'm not spending $15 for a movie I have to rewind! Anyone else made it all the way through Melmoth the Wanderer? Some parts were tough going, but all in all I thought it...
  41. M

Smurl Poltergeist

Smurl berry cobbler Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my theory that it was probably Gargamel behind the whole thing--He's been after those Smurls for years!
  42. M

...At The James Randi Educational Foundation

There's them words again... Okay, I'm only a simple community college student. And that still spells magic to me. The thing about it is, I just don't care that much. I know that I'm not gonna float away so it doesn't matter. I'm sure I could study it and understand it better if I wanted...
  43. M

Orangutans are skeptical of changes in their cages WOW! Okay, I'm game. Another great example is gravity. I mean, we all take for granted that it's real, 'cause they teach us so in school. But what is it? I've never heard it explained to me in any way that really made any sense. I'm...
  44. M

Are you coming on to me? Okay, I'm kidding around. But seriously, I'm very confused.
  45. M

Smurl Poltergeist

succubilingual Well, no, but I have fallen asleep that way. I'd forgotten some of those things. I really wish I could get a copy of this book but I think it's out of print. I checked it out from the library years ago. It really is hilarious. I'm into that.
  46. M

You mean my teacher didn't make those words up? Oh my god.... WHAT?!? I myself am a little bit fuzzy....
  47. M

Skeptic Tank Thank you, Stu. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with that arrangement, though. Y'see, I asked in the first place 'cause if you look at my profile you'll see I put "Skeptic" under occupation. I'm gonna stick with that even though I think I fit under your first category...
  48. M

re: skeptics Please enlighten me?
  49. M

Smurl Poltergeist

the Haunting The Haunting is a hilarious book. Obviously, I don't buy it. But I find it very entertaining. Just the other night, I saw the movie! I'd never known it existed 'til it came on TV. The movie is just plain horrible. Really bad acting. Which still makes it kinda funny though...
Back