• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. N

Are humans more advanced than we think??

(emphasis mine) Yes... sounds perfectly safe to me. IIRC Civil technology is about ten years behind what the military are currently using and what the military are currently using is about ten years behind what is current State-Of-The-Art. This is due to it taking about a decade to...
  2. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I agree. Dr Who isn't asexual he's non-sexual, at least in regards to humanity. Would you fancy a mayfly even if it looked human and was at least partially compatiable? Of course not. Why should the doctor find anything 'sexy' about such a short living species as humanity? You also have to...
  3. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

And here I was thinking that was the Cybermen and their gimps, the Borg. Hmm... Why Dr Who is better than StarTrek:
  4. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

The pictures were being pulled straight out of Rose's head... that was what he whole point of the conversation. It was a demostration of how powerful the maid's powers were; she'd already read the mind of a Timelord to find out how he liked his tea and now she was pulling fully formed images...
  5. N

WTC Demolition Conspiracy

The answer to both those questions is the same: Two; the Word Trade Centre towers. I'm convinced that the 747's were sufficiently powerfull missles in their own right to destroy the towers. However that doesn't rule out a conspiracy.
  6. N

Quote Hangar (UFO-Related Quotes)

Good but not the best: 8)
  7. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Witty, charming and makes people laugh? Sure he's a sex symbol just not one anyone'd admit to...
  8. N

Weird Experience With Sigil Magic

Uh yes. You have to let it go and sink it into the unconcious mind for it to work. So draw it, charge it, and let it go...
  9. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Well maybe no K9 but, y'know, aliens.
  10. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I'm definately of the opinion that the Doctor had :roll: wood :roll: for Jabe and I for one don't fault him. Also remember that Jabe didn''t have to go with him and was given the option of leaving when he became aware of the danger to her. She was a VIP and certainly didn't have to get...
  11. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Yes! I refer you to the Dr Who novel "Ancestor Cell" by Peter Anghelides & Stephen Cole. It explains what happend to Gallifrey and plays merry hell with established continuuity in a way only possible in time travel fiction. Synopis Here; Spoilers Warning. It's the only Dr Who book I've read...
  12. N

New Machines Could Turn Homes Into Small Factories

:? It just popped into my head... next to it was the word "Makers" and those werte quickly followed by "Replicators". Sorry. :oops:
  13. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Personally I'm working on the "we didn't see him dead" premise which means he could turn up after a long stay in hospital... As for "Fighting in the war" we have most of the seventh doctor's and all of the eighth doctor's career unaccounted for. The seventh did strike me as being as being a...
  14. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I loved every moment of it and I didn't give a damn about a lack of regeneration scene; we can see all that later. The tech is finally here that the doctor and his adventures can really be given justice! *dances giddily around like a loon* Dr Who's back! The doctor's back! Whoop! Whoop...
  15. N

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

What's up Key? I saw Thrad just yesterday. We were out enjoying the sunshine when he dropped by with Jack. He gave Kal a wooden horse whittled from an oak knot and then they snaffled the chicken carcass from lunch. After they'd finished he suggested a new line of research for Cujo's next...
  16. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Hmm... Dr Who meets Akira. :shock:
  17. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Oooh Thats top Quality stuff naSTEe! I had the mental image of a couple of daleks bopping on the dance floor. Most ace!
  18. N

Dark Energy

The probes I was thinking of were past the oort cloud... I saw something about it on a thread here abouts....
  19. N

Dark Energy

I've always wondered. (just in general, mind you :P) Thermodynamics tells us that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Relativity tells us that gravity bends space-time creating a gravity well like this: Why isn't there an opposite and equal reaction? It seems to me...
  20. N

Alien Big Cats ('ABCs')

Big cats attacked (erm... merged) :oops:
  21. N

That may be true dreeness but the materials for a firearm need to be able to survive certain stresses. However these.. autofacs.. use materials to that are below those stresses. Indeed high stress material will be too hatd for them to work.
  22. N

Alien Big Cats ('ABCs')

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4370893.stm
  23. N

All it will take is one rebel with 25 grand to start the ball rolling and then nobody will be able to stop it. As for firearms I don't think you'll be able to make a working one with low temp plastics and metals. What'll happen is the blueprints for some items will become valuable. Just...
  24. N

In the Eventuality of the End of the World ...

At a rough guess, you're not a parent. The first priority of any parent is to protect their offspring; it's a biological imperative. Speaking personally heaven, hell and the whole of NATO couldn't keep me from attempting to rescue my children, no matter how irrational it may be at the time...
  25. N

Mysterious Deaths Of Microbiologists

Not one you could use to reliably target any disease. Asians and europeans are cosmetic varients of a single species: H. Sapiens Sapiens. They're not even subspecies; biologically they're identical and genetically the differences are cosmetic. Literally. The differences in DNA between the...
  26. N

Mysterious Deaths Of Microbiologists

At a rough guesstimate @44, out of 774 fatalities, which is @5.7%. SARS was a pretty poor killer rating fatalities only in the region of 9.6% of victims. WHO statistics for SARS The problem with "race-specific" viruses is that biology just doesn't work that way. The genetic difference...
  27. N

Dark City

Since Trinity and John Murdock both run across the same rooftop (set) there's a pretty strong case for the simularities...
  28. N

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/demento/lul.gif Try that link for what appears to be a map entirely of curves... Or this one for more interesting interactive map... http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubemap/ ... round.html They look simular.
  29. N

Hunter S Thompson Killed By CIA For 911 Story

:rofl: Oh Hunter you jokester; Come on folks he had two broken hips and nothing to look forward to other than a slow downhill slide into agonised senility. He went out just as he planned; if he could drag down some of the bastards in Washington with him so much the better. 8)
  30. N

Constantine / Hellblazer

My favourite Hellblazer stories are the crashed spitfire and forgotten terrace house ones...
  31. N

Robert Anton Wilson

I can't say Fitz, Finnigan's Wake is beyond me, however I do know that RAW used them in Masks. They're there from Joyce's "Another beer Albert; Ein stein Einstien?" through to the denoument. Basicly if you can't get them in Wake you're unlikely to spot them in Masks.
  32. N

Robert Anton Wilson

I think it's either a Finnigan's Wake style multilingual pun or RAW's just messing with our heads... Again. :twisted:
  33. N

Robert Anton Wilson

"No wife, no horse, no moustache". It's really very simple. ;) What's your gut instinct about it?
  34. N

Strange picture.

DIGITAL CAMERA (allegedly) But I agree with you on all other points.
  35. N

Strange picture.

IMHO it looks like reflected light through a rain coated window. In the high-res image it does really look like a human being curled in a foetal position. Naked person with a broken neck. :shock: The 'burn' could come from a high powerd halogen light off to the photographer's right. :shock...
  36. N

Robert Anton Wilson

I disagree; I quite like RAW, it's just that I don't have much to say on him.
  37. N

"That's the beauty of it!"

Airplane 2? William Shatner asks the question.
  38. N

Fiction & Its Relationship(s) With Reality / Truth

*sigh* I thought everyone knows that SPECTER is based upon the Illuminati... ;)
  39. N

Looney Tunes To Be "Reimagined"

I was holding Kal on my lap when those images loaded. He has a plush bugs who lives in his cot. Upon seeing the new "BuzzBunny" he let off a wail that took a few minutes to calm. The new bugs looks prue evil.
  40. N

Deaths Related To Video Games / Gamers / Gaming

Game is an 18 Cert. played by a youngester who shouldn't have had access to it. Parents obviously didn't pay attention to what their son was playing and his other behaviour. Therefore I feel that the probable cause lies with them. Next. Oh I wish Judge Judy were handling the case...
  41. N

Gullible people spoiling it for the rest of us

I feel that you're misinterpreting misinterpretation for gulibility. The examples you've given are all honest misinterpretations of the sort that present us with simulcra and other humerous glitches of the brain. People are predisposed to interpret unfamiliar things into vaguely familiar...
  42. N

What's Is The Universe Resting In?

A very very large .wrl file I've been learning VRML you see... 8)
  43. N

Star Wars

"Don't f!ck with a Kubrick fan" Indeed.
  44. N

Bigfoot spotted in new Grand Theft Auto game

Uh, there's a giant purple double-headed dildo in the showers of Los Santos police station, which I think you can wield... Thanks I sorted out the race last night; just managed to scoot into the lead before the third waypoint and kept my cool until the end. Now all I need to do is get good...
  45. N

I'm currently stuck on the first of Ceaser's & G-Lo's missions :( I'm not doing this at any great speed am I?
  46. N

Ah yes! I understand the term "Blue Hell" very well... I was riding around Red County on a mountain bike (my current fave vehicle) when I inadvertantly rode off a cliff and some how managed to land jammed between the cliff face an the wall at the side of a road. CJ was thrown from his bike...
  47. N

U.S. Sizing Up Iran?

Reminds me of recuring dreams, with a vague air of precognition, I have. Images on the TV of Tony Blair going out the same way a Mussolini, only in Westminster... :shock:
  48. N

Indigo Children: Next Step In Human Evolution?

Me too :lol: The Otherkin wouldn't let me be a Dragon and I score 24/25 of the catagories for Indigohood so... :P ;) :roll:
  49. N

The Power of Nightmares

Actually the people with the weapons and the will to use them against their fellow citizens run their respective countries. Sad to say.
  50. N

Hi-tech haul stolen from monk's cave

I live in Aberdeen; does that count?
Back