• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

Very, very weird cloud

On Saturday, about 5.40 in the afternoon, I saw a very, very strange shape/effect in a cloud. You can see a photo i took with my phone here: oi49.tinypic.com/eq36gw.jpg As you can see, there's a weird striping or ribbed effect in the cloud in the centre-left of the image. These were like...
  2. G

Robbie Williams: Chaos Magician!

I was paying for some stuff in Sainsburys when my eye was caught by the cover to Robbie's new album. There, on his finger, is a sigil. http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2825 ... zzz7go.jpg After a quick google, it appears I was right - Grant Morrison designed the cover, and he's famous...
  3. G

"Ghost Knocking Over Boxes" Caught On Video

Poor thing, having to haunt Poundstretchers... link edited by TheQuixote: created hyperlink
  4. G

'Pagan' book recommendations

My brother's currently becoming interested in conservation while studying for a degree in geography. He's expressed a growing interest in nature-based religions, but, to quote, the people he's asked for information think he's 'taking the piss'. I know there's probably a lot of dross to avoid...
  5. G

'Pagan' Book Recommendations

My brother's currently becoming interested in conservation while studying for a degree in geography. He's expressed a growing interest in nature-based religions, but, to quote, the people he's asked for information think he's 'taking the piss'. I know there's probably a lot of dross to avoid...
  6. G

'Pagan' book recommendations

7. G

The Relationship Between Science and Religion

IMHO science deals with measurable, quantifiable material phenomena that can be examined under repeated experiments. I believe there's a hell of a lot of stuff out there that can't actually be examined by such a system, since when you look at what restrictions there are in the scientific...
  8. G

Is the sun really hot?

I read this article: http://www.alternativescience.com/is_the_sun_hot.htm ...and I have to say, I think it's a fascinating idea, and solves a problem that was bugging me for a while. If the surface of the sun is only 6000 degrees, how can the corona that surrounds this be millions of degrees...
  9. G

"The Ring" for real in Nigeria?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3906607.stm
  10. G

New earth

Although this might sound otherwise - this is a serious question... We all know things that are very old, often end up buried. A good example is Roman artifacts, which have to be excavated. Things from further back in time, such as dinosaurs, etc. are buried deeper. My question is -...
  11. G

It (Never) Happened To Me!

I love reading the IHTM threads,and I enjoy the way they're written. A few paragraphs of high-strength high-strangeness. It seems that they'd make a good form of very short story, so how about some fictional IHTM? I'll give it a go after I've thought about it a bit more - hopefully it...
  12. G

Glastonbury Festival 2004

Not sure if there's been a thread started on this yet, but here we go... So then. Who's off this year to the best festival in the world, eh? :cool:
  13. G

Spam Radio

I've just come across a great website I really recommend: http://www.spamradio.com/ It's a radio station comprised of a computer reading out spam to some chilled out IDM tunes - it's surprisingly good to listen to. :cool:
  14. G

Curious photo of a Tibetan master attaining a 'rainbow body'

I was wondering if anyone's come across this picture before: It's of the 16th Karmapa, a Tibetan Buddhist master. This was taken in Copenhagen in 1975. I found it posted on a message board I frequent (under the name WoodenRobot, fyi), and I'd like anyone who's good with cameras and...
  15. G

Dog drives milk float into pensioner

Dog drives milk float into pensioner A pensioner is being treated in hospital after he was hit by a milk float driven by a dog. Merseyside Police said the accident happened after a dog jumped on to the accelerator of the vehicle in Wirral. It is thought the animal had been travelling...
  16. G

Alternative Cosmology

Alternative Cosmology - Was there really a Big Bang? There are some serious questions to be asked about the validity of the Big Bang hypothesis, questions that are being asked by a minority that I'd never heard of until I came across the work of world-renowned astronomer Halton Arp...
  17. G

Places That Inspire Fear

I used to live in a rented house with a friend of mine, and he'd often go away to visit his girlfriend on a weekend. I really didn't appreciate this, since whenever I was alone in the house, whatever the time of day, I felt genuinely afraid. I have no idea why, but the house would just...
Back