• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. TheLeeds

The Clipper Zone

Have you ever had a Clipper lighter that's gone missing ? Has it ever come back ? Have you wondered where it went, or why ? I became aware of the existence of the Clipper zone in the very early 1990s when I was a smoker. Fellow smokers alerted me to the fact that Clipper lighters have a...
  2. TheLeeds

Dummy Space Shuttle Gliding Past Manchester Airport (1983?)

Do you ever question your own sanity ? Inspired by the 'False Memories' thread, I decided to post this here in case anyone else can confirm whether this really happened or not. In 1983 a mate of mine lived in spitting distance of Manchester Airport. Back in the day before the terror threat put...
  3. TheLeeds

Non-Existent Part Of Hampstead NW3?

I was just reading the Odd Bit of Road thread and it reminded me of something which may or may not have a rational explaination. Many years ago, back in about 1984, I went to London to meet up with an old friend. Neither of us are from London, but he had a brother who was working up there, so...
  4. TheLeeds

The Club That Wasn't There ?

The City Club - Chichester West Sussex UK In the late 1980s, probably 1987 or ’88, I was with my boss from the place I was working at the time. We were on the way back to the office, and he wanted to call in at the City Club on the way. I clearly remember where we went. It was in The Hornet...
Back