• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. NumberNine

Eyes Of A Child

The point of me mentioning that when my Nan told me about it years later I had no idea what gradient meant was to underline that I was not implying that I was an exceptionally gifted child who understood the meaning of that word at that age. Otherwise it's a reasonable enough suggestion, but to...
  2. NumberNine

Eyes Of A Child

According to my Nan, when I was very young (2 or less) she'd been struggling to push me up a hill in my pushchair and commented "Nana's getting old No9" and I'd said "Well it is a 1 in 4 gradient Nana." (can't remember the exact number). She'd mentioned it to my uncle when we'd got home and he'd...
  3. NumberNine

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

It's a good question and one that pricks my conscience on a daily basis while I feed my animals. I can't answer the question but for me personally as a veggie for 30 years it eases my conscience somewhat that neither I nor my animals have bred. Chessboard & rice, that's potentially countless...
  4. NumberNine

Something Spooky In The Fireplace

Sorry Ogdred Weary, could you edit the quote in your post as above.
  5. NumberNine

It was a self contained bedsit in a large house. Not a consideration that it was another tenant (we never met a single one in all the time we were there) because it was very easy to pinpoint exactly where the noises were coming from, different places each time including on top of furniture we...
  6. NumberNine

Thank you. I understand recordings of animals being tortured is a recognised form of human torture and I'd hazard a guess very effective in breaking the victim. We were so glad to get out of there.
  7. NumberNine

Animal torture.
  8. NumberNine

I've talked about it in detail to many people in RL over the years so it'd be easy to identify me from it. These people know nothing about other stuff I post and I'd like to keep it that way. So without going into as much detail as I would otherwise, typical poltergeist phenomena, items we were...
  9. NumberNine

Are All Psychics & Fortune Tellers Fakes?

Not a prediction as such, but I'll tell it as it was. c1990 I was "told", amongst other things, about a type of flu that was coming some time in the future that I wasn't supposed to catch. To not let anyone inject me. That "it" brought with it something (very bad) that wasn't immediately...
  10. NumberNine

Are All Psychics & Fortune Tellers Fakes?

Wait! Not so fast Escargot, I haven't read the whole thread yet but have we covered people who get genuine messages from entities who could well be 100% frauds and attention seeking fakes? Even limiting ourselves to dead humans I can think of several people off the top of my head who'd be more...
  11. NumberNine

Plant Emotions / Consciousness / Communication

I remember reading of experiments on tomatoes and potatoes back in the early 70's that indicated awareness and group reaction to pain. IIRC it was along the lines that a tomato was taken 30ft or so away from the rest of the box and when cut into not only did it react but so did the one's back in...
  12. NumberNine

Hi EBH, I can relate to what you're saying and how frustrating it is trying to get any sort of proof. Back in the 70's I rented a haunted bedsit with my boyfriend "C" for a few months. It was an absolute nightmare with almost daily occurrences and we were terrified and desperate to get out of...
  13. NumberNine

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Decades ago I saw a black cat on at least 3 occasions I can recall that either disappeared or rapidly shot away (losing its cat shape to streaks of blackness) as I tried to look at it full on. Each time I was in no doubt it wasn't a real flesh & blood cat. The first one I dismissed as some kind...
  14. NumberNine

Strange Coincidences?

I had a very vivid dream years ago that in part involved me standing in what looked like someone's sitting room. The lightbulb dropped from the ceiling onto the carpet and I picked it up. It was a lightbulb within a lightbulb and it occurred to me it would shine twice as brightly. There was...
  15. NumberNine

Toilet Ghost? Sorry Folks

Is there any chance some perv could have climbed up onto the roof and been watching your friend through a gap or something? Is it possible the groaning and Oh my God followed by silence wasn't so much "sad" if you get my drift?
  16. NumberNine

Non-Existent Part Of Hampstead NW3?

On the subject of Hampstead, has anyone used the ladies South End Green public toilets? I had the misfortune to need to a few years ago and made the mistake of glancing up. The whole of the cubicle ceiling was a huge mass of spider webs several feet deep with literally hundreds of spiders of...
  17. NumberNine

Miles Of Rock Art In Amazonia (Chiribiquete; Colombia)

That was my first thought. It looks suspiciously pristine for what seems to be an exposed surface.
  18. NumberNine

Strangeness In The Wilderness: Got Any Stories?

This is one of the reasons I'll always have dogs. I might doubt my own judgement from time to time, but I trust theirs on this topic.
  19. NumberNine

Strangeness In The Wilderness: Got Any Stories?

I have dogs so spent a lot of time in parks at unsociable hours and have seen a few things. A couple I've posted about elsewhere; One winter morning we were in the park around dawn so still dark but that park is very well lit with ornamental lampposts. My dogs had run off to play in one of the...
  20. NumberNine

Seeing A Person Disappear

Years ago I was in the habit of walking my dog in the park at dawn. One morning I glanced up and noticed a guy in white vest & shorts jogging along the path towards me, probably 20+ metres away, and then my attention was drawn to a guy with Dwarfism doing star jumps on the parallel path. I was...
  21. NumberNine

Videos About Fortean Subjects

Slapped Ham. New compilation vids 3 times a week so often quantity over quality but worth watching; https://www.youtube.com/user/SlappedHamTV Strange But True Stories; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxSVloCo48Gum8-55aW1PVA Sir Spooks; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGgdhMFHiKym-z4G7IB4BYw...
  22. NumberNine

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

This is my response to Carl's document on Digital Spy; https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1925273/what-is-the-creepiest-thing-to-have-ever-happened-to-you-part-2/p47 Carl, This paragraph from your document, along with your claim that I've subjected every word to close scrutiny when in...
  23. NumberNine

Dreams That Have Come True

Could this have been your dreaming mind's way of trying to make sense of a name that wasn't familiar to you and getting tangled up with the sense of dread you felt knowing the stranger (to you) was watching her with bad intentions? Maybe a mirror image of "Anon lo(o)ks on."
  24. NumberNine

Interesting detail that. So despite the fact that he purchased them for the purpose of storing coins, the date plastic filps became available for coin collectors could be irrelevant if the envelopes she sold him were intended for a different purpose.
  25. NumberNine

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Some great photos, but none of the area concerned. Came across this account yesterday while searching for more details about Mr Squirrel and the disappearing shop, haven't read it before. Frustratingly vague, a London building; From "The Encyclopedia of the World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries"...
  26. NumberNine

Sept. 1, 1978: Cluster Of Sightings: Llanerchymedd, Galloway, Drummore

Is this a different incident on the same date? SEPTEMBER 1, 1978, LLANERCHYMEDD, ANGLESEY, U-K., PAT OWEN: Brief summary of the event and follow-up: A story from fragmentary sources indicates that in September 1978, there were several UFO sighting reports in the north of Wales, U-K. That would...
  27. NumberNine

That's a good point. A quick browse of a couple of coin collecting forums would suggest that paper envelopes were used for coins until Mylar/BoPET was invented in the mid-1950's. According to this guy; "...it was in the late '30s when the popularity exploded. And at that time paper envelopes...
  28. NumberNine

Thank you for putting the time in to find these CuriousIdent. I'll have a look through the photo archive.
  29. NumberNine

I'm quite excited by the discovery of those double doors on Glasshouse St and need to find out what they were used for back in 1981. Can't help wondering if, although she said a cafe in the tube station, she actually led me through those doors and that's where the cafe was. It's not how I...
  30. NumberNine

For obvious reasons I think it's entirely possible they experienced something paranormal. But did they drink from the stream? The reason I ask is that while reading it struck me that they commented a few times on seeing green... "“There were no tables or counters, just two or three whole oxen...
  31. NumberNine

Thanks to Simon in the Timeslip at Waterloo Station thread for this photo of the Glasshouse St entrance to Piccadilly tube station. The Regent Palace Hotel entrance was a few feet to the right of this pic. I don't remember noticing the double doors on Glasshouse St. The cafe would have been...
  32. NumberNine

Thanks for that Simon. The Regent Palace Hotel entrance was within a few feet to the right of that photo. I'm wondering what was behind those doors on Glasshouse st? The cafe would have been directly beneath it. Some great pics on that page!
  33. NumberNine

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

That jogged a memory. I had the radio on in the background, either TalkSport or LBC, would have been mid to late 90's. Can't remember what people were calling in about but nothing paranormal was mentioned before or after this call. I wasn't really listening so missed the first bit but a woman...
  34. NumberNine

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

The mussels could possibly be down to a moment of absentmindedness but not the bowl. And both happening on the same day...You haven't got a partner or friend who's gaslighting you have you?
  35. NumberNine

No nothing like that. At the time I was impressed by the novelty of a waitress being in period costume, I don't think semi-converted Victorian toilet cafes were a thing back in 1981.
  36. NumberNine

I was interested to read this account of Gary Numan's experience at Piccadilly Station. I sent a message via one of his pages to ask which exit this had happen at but didn't get a reply...
  37. NumberNine

That has to be minimum length. I find it odd that I can't focus on the length of that counter. I'm a very visual person and tend to remember detail, but that counter seems to shift in my memory from small to several feet in length, I can't pin it down. Yes I'm Doll Feet. I've exchanged several...
  38. NumberNine

Yes, the guard my friend stopped said there was only the kiosk, which was just a counter in the actual ticket hall. The copper/metal contraption is something that still puzzles me. It was several feet in length, it ran the entire length of the counter which curved into a mirrored wall so gave...
  39. NumberNine

It Happened To Us: IHTM Incidents With Multiple Witnesses

Ah ok. Maybe it made me think of the scene in The Wizard of Oz with Aunty Em in the tornado floating in her rocking chair. If you ever ask your step sister what she remembers that made her refer to it as the House of Horrors tell us what she says!
  40. NumberNine

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Or Phineas Phreak/Freak.
  41. NumberNine

Years since I read that on DS - Creepiest thread but it stuck with me because it was such a chilling image. Wasn't he floating above floor level?
  42. NumberNine

Old man in a rocking chair made up of dots of light?
  43. NumberNine

Post is from 2011 so don't know if AngelAlice is still posting but, were the feet at floor level? Your description sounds like someone in the throes of dying from hanging. Was there something there, a door or something, that could have been used by someone to hang theirselves from?
  44. NumberNine

Dreams That Have Come True

It wasn't this man in your dream was it? He shot the famous photo of Christine Keeler http://www.lewismorley.com/biog.htm
  45. NumberNine

The Ariel School UFO Encounter [Ruwa, Zimbabwe, 1994]

Recent interview here http://theunexplained.tv/paranormal-podcasts/edition-317-zimbabwe-et-contact-case
  46. NumberNine

That was Vodka_Drinka's post... "I've experienced a time slip myself and started a thread about it on here at the time. It happened when I was in York with my mum. The first morning we were there we decided to go and visit the Merchants Hall, don't know why as it was actually pretty boring and...
  47. NumberNine

I only remember the coffee shop and carvery, we used both several times. Don't recall ever seeing a barbers but haven't visited the area since the late 80's. Back in '81 The Regent Palace Hotel was the poshest place I'd ever been :)
Back