• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Frideswide

Forgotten History

@Rynner brought this up in 2011, the Clydebank Blitz. https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/anniversaries.38857/page-6#post-1077493 Less well known than Coventry, the eastern ports and so on. This is an individuals map of the event...
  2. Frideswide

What's The Most Boring Fortean Subject?

Anything that attributes any phenomenon to Demons without a good look at alternatives and a reason for plumping for that answer!
  3. Frideswide

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): Compendium Thread

Remember: the assessment is done by NTs using NT-developed tools. They usually get it "right" but I know of some very obvious false negatives. None of people The formal assessment cannot supercede your lived reality, only supplement it. You are you with or with the piece of paper.
  4. Frideswide

that's my boy! :twothumbs:
  5. Frideswide

Fortean Headlines

Could help people who hunt and eat them start thinking of them as human (equivalent).
  6. Frideswide

Strange Crimes

s'art, innit
  7. Frideswide

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

actually it's weak orange squash...
  8. Frideswide

A Look At An Upcoming 'Handpainted' Setting For Dungeons & Dragons

@maximus otter I'm happy to see this here! I do the kickstarters and drip feed money to the artist. Who is really nice and seems to appreciate her backers.
  9. Frideswide

Harry Potter

Us Warhammer 40K fans have our moments. Or maybe that's just Glaswegians? :ranting:
  10. Frideswide

It's a Thing :) As is answering at length and in depth to be sure of not missing anything and in dread of not communicating properly! Then there's feeling overwhelmed by trying to externalise emotion and internal landscapes. Not to mention the terror of Getting It Wrong!
  11. Frideswide

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

she does sound rather fab! :twothumbs:
  12. Frideswide

Animism

or a Barrel. The ones throwing the barrels are the worst.
  13. Frideswide

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

:rollingw:
  14. Frideswide

Terry Pratchett

I hadn't picked up on that, thank you! :twothumbs:
  15. Frideswide

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

A little learning is a dangerous thing Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring https://www.poetsgraves.co.uk/Classic%20Poems/Pope/a_little_learning.htm
  16. Frideswide

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

nah... just typed it wrong roflmao!
  17. Frideswide

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

Today, you have the St Fridewide Prize for Winning the Internet!
  18. Frideswide

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

and believe me I've looked! :twothumbs: well, for the former anyway
  19. Frideswide

Ageing & Growing Old

and eyesight... :( Growing old is better than the alternative for me but still.
  20. Frideswide

Canal Ghosts & Water-Wights By Nick Ford (2023)

One of my favourites.
  21. Frideswide

St Patrick's Thread

This may well be the politest and most elegant version I've heard! including the kazoos! I have a strong urge to minuet or something :) Great find @AgProv
  22. Frideswide

Strange Crimes

The people I know have the same thoughts about it as I do about Lent. It's good to have a space where your community supports you in quiet refelection and focus on priorities, probably resetting them.
  23. Frideswide

A Rather Unwise Tattoo

what the... OMG they've gone by the letter shapes, in the same way some people do numberplates :rollingw: and why would JC be speaking greek? He knew it, especially after Cleopatra but... :rollingw:
  24. Frideswide

I was talking genetics, whatever your instant assumption.
  25. Frideswide

where is this suggested?
  26. Frideswide

New Blog: 'Dark' 19th Century History

I had the great privilege of hearing this read to me. She walks in beauty, like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes Thus mellow'd to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies. One shade the more, one...
  27. Frideswide

No it isn't. We could all learn to widen our definitions of The Other and stop trading on a passive need to conform that only some of the population have. Humans NEED diversity. Our evolutionary adavantage (once you get further than opposable thumbs ;) ) is that we can adapt and make do...
  28. Frideswide

Pareidolia

it's lovely - the glint in the eye!
  29. Frideswide

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Why is it always me asking :glum: The thread for pictures of members? Not that sort of member.
  30. Frideswide

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

That's a fine stick @brownmane , a mighty fine stick!
  31. Frideswide

Masturbation: Abstinence & Indulgence

and shake it all about? woooooHHOOOOOO! :oldm:
  32. Frideswide

Definitely. One of us (not me alas) coined the word bewilderdog (sorry @Yithian !) to nail that head-shaking-running-in-small-circles-and-wagging-tail-so-hard you-fall-over feeling.
  33. Frideswide

If you are in England then quote the autism act to them. I#m pretty sure there is a statutory right to be seen... Edit to add: It's misleading to think about UK services in this context - different legal systems, different NHS...
  34. Frideswide

we do now... :evillaugh:
  35. Frideswide

Did M.R. James Ever Meet A Ghost?

I'm not sure... surge of interest in spiritualism with WWI?
  36. Frideswide

Frauds, Scams & Cons (General; Miscellaneous)

speak for yourself :rasp:
  37. Frideswide

Roman Britain: New Findings & Discoveries

Pareidolia, eat your heart out!
  38. Frideswide

The Optical Illusions Thread

FABULOUS!!!!! I wonder why? Easter egg? Joke? I can't see it as an accident.... a prime candidate for xray etc to see what's underneath?
  39. Frideswide

Fraudulent Psychics & Mediums

how did the others react? and did you get a feel on how you were supposed to react?
  40. Frideswide

Where Does It Come From? Origins Of Phrases & Expressions

scot-free and scotch are different words though. Why need they have the same origin? :dunno: I'd say that hopscotch is an example of #1 becuase of the scored or scratched game space.
  41. Frideswide

Where Does It Come From? Origins Of Phrases & Expressions

@blessmycottonsocks It's #2 I've always known for scot-free :)
  42. Frideswide

Forgotten History

That's quite something! McKraken looks like a granny in a fairytale. Mob cap, sweet expression, plaid shawl, half moon glasses...
  43. Frideswide

Necrolog (Deaths Of Folks Who Had Impact On The Fortean World)

:oldm:he sounds lovely! Ok if I do a candle?
  44. Frideswide

Technology Going Backwards

shut up and take my money!!!!!!!!! :twothumbs:
Back