• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Parabanal

Photographs Of Gnomes

I'm certainly not ruling out that it might just be a short person, haha. For scale, the doors you see in the picture in the background are probably around 1.80 - 1.90. It looks like he'd be very short compared. He looks to be maybe 4-5 logs tall when compared to the barn behind him? Buildings in...
  2. Parabanal

Photographs Of Gnomes

Since there's no dedicated nisse thread, I'll drop this here. Found a strange little fella on these two photographs from the national Norwegian archives. Little strange fella or nisse? You decideeeee
  3. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Maybe boggarts are attracted to black
  4. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This one left me scratching my head. I was filling a silicone mould the other day. I had filled it once before, so I knew it took about 400 ml of silicone. I mixed it up, 200ml base 200ml activator, mixed it and poured it in. Only half went in before it was full! I figured I must have...
  5. Parabanal

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

They must have hired Barbara Streisand to cover it up!
  6. Parabanal

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

I couldn't find a thread on general oddness with/on youtube, and didn't want to start a new thread just for this little oddity. Feel free to merge it into another thread or move it. Anyway, I was prowling reddit's weirder corners today and someone's noticed that youtube has scrubbed the word...
  7. Parabanal

Fortean-Themed Albums, Songs & Music

I picked this up at a boot fair today. It comes with its own booklet of ridiculous claims. Music's not the worst either, to be honest.
  8. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

my local children's play centre has what seems to be an inset glass brick or small window in eye height facing the street(the windows are naturally too high up to look through). I haven't investigated this further, as I feel like I'm breaking a law just considering it.
  9. Parabanal

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

I thought it was a play on the famous evinrude boat engines.
  10. Parabanal

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

I'm having a personal mengele effect about a macdonalds advert where ronny mcd dances on the ceiling to lionel richie!
  11. Parabanal

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Fear not, the original thread is alive and well. Not that I'm keeping close track of this topic in particular or anything... http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/weird-sex-i.19529/ First page seems to focus a lot on horses, geese and goats.
  12. Parabanal

Poltergeist Activity Filmed At A Neighbour's House

I figured it out! It's ROEBOURNE WAY. London. 51.500375, 0.061130 (misspelled "rebourne way" in google maps for some reason)
  13. Parabanal

Great Acts Of Stupidity

Stuck in public toilet tank for one hour “I was obviously slim enough to get into it, but not slim enough to get out”
  14. Parabanal

'Moonraker's Dolly'—Braces Or Not?

It's funny. It's the only scene from that movie I actually remember. Jaws is burrowing out of the rubble of a crashed cable car, she smiles to him with a mouth full of metal. That was the joke, right? Anyway I'm comfortable with chalking this one up to bad memory, I guess. I only watched parts...
  15. Parabanal

Mystery Object Beyond Neptune

What a headline! I thought new scientist was better than that but what do I know. At least they're not claiming it's an alien construct or something.
  16. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

The last week I've been hearing kids outside in the early morning hours. Not "spooky" weird, but odd nonetheless. First time was a couple days before new year's eve, ca 3:30 am, a group of people walked past my house (which isn't unheard of, but usually an hour or two earlier than that and...
  17. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Minor strangeness that happened to me about a month ago. I was driving at night in the dark (well, as dark as it gets in late july anyway) on an unpaved mountain road, so I wasn't going particularly fast. Maybe 20 mph? About twenty metres in front of me, I suddenly see this glowing or reflective...
  18. Parabanal

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3bd1is/serious_late_nighters_what_is_the/ They're at it again
  19. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

There's something large and white and very quick in the alley behind my house. No, okay, it's probably just my brain farting about and making things up. Do you know that quick "flash" of white you see when a white van drives past behind you when you're looking in the window? Something white...
  20. Parabanal

Oh, The Irony

A Two-fer from the sunny plains of Norway source source 2
  21. Parabanal

FT328

Am I the only one who thought the cover looked like a yeti with very narrow glowing eyes and an elongated, hairy forehead?
  22. Parabanal

The Misandry thread

Oldie but goodie It is of course okay to have a different opinion if you're a woman. Oh what am I saying of course it isn't.
  23. Parabanal

The Misandry thread

I find it strange that so many overtly and undoubtedly racist/sexist/anti-LGBTQIA+ women are involved in movements that theoretically should fight the same sentiments, like feminism/anti-racism and so on? How many percent of loudly problematic men make statements like these from a position...
  24. Parabanal

The Misandry thread

She's a real gem, this one.
  25. Parabanal

People You Thought Were Dead

BB King, the King of Blues, dies at 89
  26. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

The other day I needed to write a note, so I grab one of the many biroes lying around the house, remove the cap, write the thing and put the cap back on the pen. All going perfectly normal at this point, until I realize I still had another cap in my hand! So now I have a biro with two caps, I...
  27. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I've liven in brick and concrete buildings the last 5 years, and going back to my old folk's wooden house for easter and whoa, those houses make a lot of house noises! I guess I grew accustomed to it and stopped paying attention while I grew up. I ended up going to greet "whomever returned...
  28. Parabanal

False Memories

I have a vivid memory of watching Pete Townshend plant a guitar in Abbey Hoffman's face, but today I found out it wasn't actually filmed.
  29. Parabanal

Bubbles from no where

Who will feed washing-up liquid to their cat so we can cover all the bases? (I'm so sorry. I love this little enigma, though! I think you should investigate the wall-smell-spritzer.)
  30. Parabanal

Bubbles from no where

Do you have a bottle of washing-up (or other soapy) liquid stood where the sun gets at it perhaps? Expanding air in the bottle escaping in a bubble?
  31. Parabanal

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't consider using google. I suppose I was blinded with rage over the stupid on-site search function. Sadly, none of the threads is the one I wanted. Thank you very much anyway. I'll keep google in mind next time I need to search the site.
  32. Parabanal

So sorry about going off topic there =( I'll try to make up for it. http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2zz3my/serious_nsfw_what_is_the_creepiest_andor_most/cpntufn This story caught my eye. Wild poltergeist story and it sounds like something someone on here would know more about. Any...
  33. Parabanal

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Since the search engine won't let me search for three letter words, anyone remember if Fort Dix was ever discussed in a thread? I remember reading a lot about it and I think it might have been on these boards.
  34. Parabanal

I think the issue with opacity is that we use the word when talking about translucent object more than, well, actually opaque objects. At least for those of us who do a lot of art and photoshop on the computer. If we need something to be solid, we don't even think about opacity, but once we need...
  35. Parabanal

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I used to drive past the local church at night about once to twice a week or so a few years back. The road snaked down right past it and on the outside of the turn, just outside the graveyard there was a street lamp that was perpetually turning on and off as if it was plagued by bad wiring. It...
  36. Parabanal

"the culture of the penis extender women in one of the tribes in the interior of Borneo" I don't think Nat Geo ever covered that tribe. It is worth noting that the ladies with extended necks don't really have extended necks, but lowered collarbones, if QI is to be believed.
  37. Parabanal

Does it work? I'm asking because, uh, I mean, for a friend.
Back