• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Mrs Migs

Tarot Free-For-All

Fabulous! I think you have a real flair for this, and what you’ve said really does resonate with me. I will let you know how things go. Thank you very much!
  2. Mrs Migs

Tarot Free-For-All

Hiya - would you be able to do a reading for me? I’m wondering how the next 12 months will pan out. I’m thinking about taking early retirement, but not sure it’s the right move. I struggle to read for myself cos I overthink! Thank you and no rush!
  3. Mrs Migs

Depression

This! Unless a person has experienced it they can never understand, no matter how much they care. That said, I hate the “snap yourself out of it” attitude but… I firmly believe that you have to take responsibility for yourself and only you can decide to take the necessary steps to move forward...
  4. Mrs Migs

Depression

Ha! This is me, too - the horror of deciding anything some days is just… unbearable. I read a sci-fi book once, where one of the characters had a psychic “talent” where he could not only see the future outcome of an action, but all the potential outcomes (a bit like the character Merlin in MIB...
  5. Mrs Migs

Depression

Thank you Frides! Hopkins has a sublime way with words. The despair sonnet describes it so perfectly… it almost makes me despair my lack of skill in explaining how I feel… . It’s Saturday, and not raining here on the Brecon Beacons so time for a walk with the dogs - always a good way to lift my...
  6. Mrs Migs

Depression

Me too, Ramonmercado. I clearly remember my first bout when I was about 15. It was just a wave of utter blackness that swept me away for months. It was terrifying because there was no reason I could pinpoint, just bloody misery. Mine is reasonably well controlled with medication, meditation and...
  7. Mrs Migs

Tarot Cards: Themes, Sets & Decks

Deviant Moon is absolutely my favourite. The guy who made it, Patrick Valenza, also wrote a book about it, how he designed it and deeper meanings for the cards. It’s not cheap - about £30 in addition to the cards. You can use the deck comfortably without it, but I found it really useful.
  8. Mrs Migs

Tarot Cards: Themes, Sets & Decks

The Lightseers Tarot is popular. I have a copy and think it’s very user friendly to read with, though not my favourite. https://lightseerstarot.com/ I learned to read with the Deviant Moon deck which is very off beat, and not to everyone’s taste. This one is my go to deck. I’m told it’s not...
  9. Mrs Migs

Debunked Mysteries You Still Believe In

Ah, when I saw the title I came here to say Anastasia. For me, it’s total sentimentalism though.
  10. Mrs Migs

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I’ve just started HRT, as in, I put the first patch on last night. This morning I woke from a very naughty dream about the actor Ben Willbond who played the Captain in Ghosts. If that’s a result of the patches, I’ll still be using them at 70! Sadly he was dressed as the Captain, but I’m not...
  11. Mrs Migs

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

Was that written by AI? It has that feel, and is madly inaccurate (Robert Hardy played Morse? And used to drink in there with Lewis and Morse? ) We went back there last night but it was RAMMED and the bar staff were rushed off their feet, so I never got to ask. Plus there were a lot of people...
  12. Mrs Migs

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

Cheers Max - I have an appointment booked at the end of the month, actually. I have PVD in both eyes and have had flashes from time to time (plus a nasty bleed that left me with a big spidery floater and lots of smaller ones that my brain has mostly learned to ignore). This didn’t look like the...
  13. Mrs Migs

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

What search terms did you use? I tried when I got back to the hotel but I couldn’t find anything … Off to the Ashmolean today so we’ll probably pop in for a swift half at some point, and I’ll speak to the bar staff. Not-so-mini Migs, my stepson who was with us, reckons he kept feeling someone...
  14. Mrs Migs

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

No, it was white and tan. Literally looked like an animal running past. I was really shocked how solid it was. I often get anomalies- I had a bleed in my eye a couple of years ago- but this looked real, more or less solid and external. Looked for all the world like a dog does when chasing a ball...
  15. Mrs Migs

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

I’m in Oxford for a couple of days, and earlier we popped in to an old pub (The Lamb and Flag) for a beer. Just as I finished my first pint I looked up from my seat into a side room opposite, and SOMETHING moved across the doorway, into a solid wall. It seemed to me to be a dog, the size of a...
  16. Mrs Migs

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

I’ve just watched the first episode. Coogan is skin-crawlingly perfect as Savile, in voice an mannerisms. It’s quite difficult to watch, and I won’t be binging this series!
  17. Mrs Migs

Ghosts (Sitcom)

Well….. series 5 is all on iplayer. And I’ve watched it all . Some loose ends tied up, and some lovely moments. I think I may have to binge the whole lot from the very beginning before the Xmas special comes out!
  18. Mrs Migs

New & Soon To Be Published Books

This looks quite interesting- I’ve asked Santa for a copy.
  19. Mrs Migs

Good Omens (TV Series)

Haha! Me too. I read the TV vet sheep book when I was about 12. I know all about some very weird illnesses of ovines. I’m enjoying S2 of Good Omens, surprisingly even more than S1. And I loved that!
  20. Mrs Migs

FT At Work—Yes Or No?

I met one of my now best mates through reading the FT at work. Known to us all fondly as “Weird Dave” (if you’re here mate - sending hugs!). I’m suddenly wondering though if I’m known as “Weird Mrs Migs”….
  21. Mrs Migs

Operation Yewtree & Other Historical Child-Abuse Allegations

(I’m currently off work recuperating after surgery and have been for 4 weeks. You can tell I’m bored cos I’ve discovered a sleb gossip site, and it’s been speculated about on there). The family evidently wanted to get him buried out of the way before the news came out.
  22. Mrs Migs

The Sun has a copy of his death certificate- apparently he died on May 10.
  23. Mrs Migs

Apparently there was a “private ambulance” at his home last week. Gossip sites suggest he may already have died and the family are trying to avoid it hitting the news till after he’s been cremated and disposed of. Think the information about the private ambulance was in a couple of the papers.
  24. Mrs Migs

Speech & Conversation In Dreams

I recently woke myself and my husband up by laughing loudly. I was dreaming that a film about the Kray twins was being made with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer as Ron and Reg. My dreams tend to be vivid and colourful, and I’m usually watching them as an observer as though they’re films. When I’m...
  25. Mrs Migs

Ghosts (Sitcom)

I’m on episode 3, and starting to not hate it…. The first episode I loathed, the second (I’m a sucker for punishment) was better. I have it on in the background at the moment and I laughed out loud during episode 3. It’s not as good, it seems not to have the breadth of emotion of the original...
  26. Mrs Migs

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Stay safe and well, and know that there are many people who care about you (even if, like me, they mostly lurk).
  27. Mrs Migs

A Woman Had 23 Forgotten Contact Lenses Stuck In Her Eye

Haha! I did that once! I’m totally a glasses girl now.
  28. Mrs Migs

The Dying Seeing The Dead

My mum had dementia and spent her last weeks in hospital. One night me, my dad and my sister were called in as they thought her time had come. We sat there for several hours listening to her breathing getting shallower, then suddenly she sat upright, smiled and pointed towards the foot of the...
  29. Mrs Migs

Love The Art, Hate The Artist?

Wish we still had the sad face emoji…. There are definitely things I can look past, but this one is just… no. And like you, I not only liked the Arthurian novel, but some of the more mainstream sci-fi they wrote. It ruined one of my comfort reads for me.
  30. Mrs Migs

*returns virtual hug*
  31. Mrs Migs

I really struggle with this… one of my favourite ever Arthurian retellings is totally marred since I learned of the allegations of child abuse against the author. And the fact she endorsed her husband’s relationship with an underage boy. I’d love to be able to divorce the two, but just can’t. I...
  32. Mrs Migs

The Twin Militia Leader Children

I thought they were both killed but googled and found this from 2020: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/world/asia/myanmar-thailand-gods-army-htoo-twins.html
  33. Mrs Migs

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

Took me ages to see that… can’t help as I’m notoriously rubbish at this kind of thing. I still can’t work out the girls legs!
  34. Mrs Migs

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

A friend of mine swears by the Ramones “I wanna be sedated” as an ear worm antidote. It works for me insofar as I lose the original ear worm, but then get stuck with Twenty-twenty-twenty-four hours to go I wanna be sedated Nothing to do, nowhere to go home I wanna be sedated Could be worse?
  35. Mrs Migs

Tarot Cards: Using Them For Divination, Gaming, Etc.

I have these. They are gorgeous, and I use them as a qualifier for a tarot reading.
  36. Mrs Migs

Which Fortean Phenomena Scares You The Most?

EVP! So creepy…. I’ve read several unnerving threads on here regarding it (I’m sure there was a long thread, which I can’t find ATM from some guy who’d been experimenting with EVP and the voices had turned really dark). Also… the film White Noise. It was a bit rubbish, but also freaky…
  37. Mrs Migs

Which Fortean Phenomena Scares You The Most?

The Belmez faces still creep me out, as does the Hexham Heads story. I saw it on Nationwide (?) in the 70’s, and couldn’t sleep with the light off for months.
  38. Mrs Migs

People Trapped Underground (In Mines, Wells, Caves, Etc.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-60275177 It’s not good news about the poor kid in Morocco.
  39. Mrs Migs

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

This is how it is for me. If I spot the start of the slide, I can do things to help. If I don’t, then it all comes crashing down and can take ages for me to get back on track.
  40. Mrs Migs

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

From not too far away, and in a similar age group is this lady: https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/19801451.west-mercia-police-extremely-concerned-woman-missing-month/ And I’m sure I read of a third woman in the area who’s disappeared in the last few months. Makes you wonder if there is one...
  41. Mrs Migs

Bad Medicine: Daffy Doctors & Medical Mishaps

Spoiler alert- if anyone has tickets for Simon Evans “The Work of the Devil”, it’s fabulous, but read on at your peril! Went to see the comedian Simon Evans at the Savoy Theatre in Monmouth last night. The venue is worth a visit in itself- such a fabulous little place. But the show, which was...
  42. Mrs Migs

Reading In Dreams

Just woke up from a dream in which I was reading words in the form of a list. My (late) mother was in the dream and was pregnant, and she was writing a list of names for the baby - I remember Pearl, Prudence and Ruth…. Thank goodness she didn’t lumber me with any of those!! Back to sleep now...
  43. Mrs Migs

Strange Coincidences?

A friend of mine has 2 dogs that she walks at a local country park once a week. Busy place, always full of families and dog walkers. Two or three years ago she’d finished their walk and got back to the car only to find she’d lost her keys. In a bit of a panic she began to retrace her steps. A...
  44. Mrs Migs

How I Would Like My Own Funeral

I’ve said I want a purple cardboard coffin, and non religious ceremony (cos I can’t imagine they’ll manage to find a Priestess of Athena in South Wales)… and cremation. I used to have dreams of being buried alive, and … no thanks! I’ve also said I want everyone in unrelieved black, and anyone...
  45. Mrs Migs

The Old 'Feeling Like You Are Being Watched'

My brother in law once went out with a girl who told him during the course of their date that she had a spirit guide, who was always with her. B-I-L said “Even now?” “Yeah, he’s standing behind you.” “When you’re in the bath?” “Yep, and if I’m on the loo…” “And when you’re…?” “Then too. He’s...
  46. Mrs Migs

Museums Dedicated To Forteana / Oddities / Weirdness

Had a quick look through, but couldn’t see if anyone had mentioned this: https://www.thelasttuesdaysociety.org/ I’ve not been but they’ve been doing some fabulous online lectures via Zoom, so it’s definitely on my list for whenever I can get to London.
  47. Mrs Migs

Television Debate On Exorcism (1974)

Good word, but must be said a la Mr Wu from Deadwood.
  48. Mrs Migs

Excessive Plastic Surgery: Real, Fake & Urban Legends

Yeah, I spotted that, too! She’s looking awful.
  49. Mrs Migs

Excessive Plastic Surgery: Real, Fake & Urban Legends

I caught some of the new Countdown with Anne Robinson earlier. It seems she’s had so much cosmetic surgery now she’s barely able to speak.
  50. Mrs Migs

The Shoes Hidden In Homes To Ward Off Evil

The people who owned my brother in laws place before him did extensive renovations and found an old shoe, which is now box framed in the lounge…. They live in part of an old Manor House, parts of which date back to the 14th century. They’re the rich bit of the family!
Back