• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. bakelite brain

The 'Lost TV Signal' (TX Station KLEE ID 'Received' In UK; 1953)

Can anyone remember if FT ever published a story about a 'lost TV signal' hoax? The story goes that a programme (or test card) from a long-closed TV station re-appeared years later. Thanks.
  2. bakelite brain

Remote Viewers / Psychics: Any Visions Of Ukraine Outcomes?

It's in the heading really. I've been looking for a collection of how remote viewers might have seen the Ukraine war conclude, but not really found anything. There are various possible outcomes suggested by military and political observers, but I'd be interested to read the opinions of remote...
  3. bakelite brain

Lay Down A Ley Line!

Can anyone remember a TV programme about 20-odd years ago about standing stones, ley lines etc, where they created a temporary ley line detectable by dowsers? I think it remained for about a week. They used a box... If it was a genuine experiment surely it's documented somewhere, but I can't...
  4. bakelite brain

Made-Up Spirit

Can anyone remember the name of the spirit entity that was fabricated as an experiment in either seances or ouija board sessions? I think this made-up entity started to appear regularly without the attendees realising it was invented. I've heard it (him) mentioned a couple of times on podcasts...
  5. bakelite brain

Cannock Chase

I've been watching some Youtube videos about Cannock Chase - a mostly wooded area in Staffordshire, UK. When I was in infant school in the mid 1960s we lived in the adjacent village of Little Haywood. I have no recollection of weird stories from so long ago about The Chase. Maybe there weren't...
  6. bakelite brain

Location-Specific UK Phenomena

How about a thread where we list, describe and discuss repeatedly occurring strange phenomena around the UK? For example, a few of the well known ones are: Bonnybridge for UFOs The West Country for the large number of crop circles East Anglia for Black Shuck The Surrey Puma The Bristol Hum...
  7. bakelite brain

Yellow/Singed Vegetation

I heard a very curios tail recently and would really like to know if anyone can confirm similar stories. Two good friends of mine (I'll call them Jack and his wife) lay in bed one night and heard an unusual whistling-tinckling sound coming from outside. Jack got out of bed and saw rectangular...
  8. bakelite brain

TV Documentary On Earth Energies

Does anyone remember the UK TV documentary in 1975/6 about earth energies? The team supposedly 'measured' them around standing stones etc. I went out to the pub that night and it was before video recorders were common, but always wanted to see it. It's probably full of pseudo-science nonsense...
  9. bakelite brain

Jenny Randles' Article (2015)

Jenny Randles published an article in July, August or September 2015 about someone building a UFO detector and discussing the possibility of using the internet to link up a network of them. Can anyone send me a scan or pdf of the article off-forum please? I normally file my FTs, but this one's...
  10. bakelite brain

Looking for local stories

I'm thinking of writing a letter for publication in a local newspaper appealing to readers to supply experiences of Fortean-type phenomena - but I won't be using "Fortean" I don't think. I'm considering collecting the most interesting stories, maybe do some investigation and write them all up...
Back