• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Sharon Hill

Weird Weather

Yeah, cloud seeding doesn't actually work well, if at all. So the claim that it is causal is ridiculous.
  2. Sharon Hill

Weird Weather

Yeah, but that idea doesn't hold water. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/17/cloud-seeding-dubai-floods
  3. Sharon Hill

Baltimore Bridge Accident

:wtf:
  4. Sharon Hill

Strange Fish(?) That Wash Ashore

From Markus Hemmler: A more detailed picture of the tail (https://assets-jpcust.jwpsrv.com/thumbnails/wefdhfg4-720.jpg) reveals the vertebral column with hypo- and epichordal rays. For this and other reasons, it is a badly decomposed shark and seems to have lost only parts of its head, the...
  5. Sharon Hill

The CLAAAAW!
  6. Sharon Hill

There is an explanation: Monday morning, agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) went aboard the ship called DALI as they began looking into whether the crew left port knowing that something could be wrong with the ship. National Transportation Safety Board Chair Jennifer Homendy...
  7. Sharon Hill

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

It's time for everyone to stop using "Richter scale". That is not used anymore. Use "magnitude".
  8. Sharon Hill

Strange Falls & Rains Of Objects & Substances

Regarding the Oakville (WA) blobs of 1994, there is a recent Netflix series called Files of the Unexplained which covers this incident. It's quite interesting, following up from the Unsolved Mysteries coverage in 1997. Not once did they mention pwdre ser (maybe because they couldn't pronounce...
  9. Sharon Hill

Fortean Headlines

She bled to death. (I thought the same thing but in the article is said she was stabbed.) As usual, the details suggest an intention that may not be legitimate.
  10. Sharon Hill

Alaska's Underground 'Dark Pyramid'

A link? Yes, magical thinking by people who love drama and imaginative stories over facts. Childress is a crackpot. The same group of paranormalists love to link everything together and simply make stuff up.
  11. Sharon Hill

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

Apocalyptic fear mongering and conspiracy hype can be tragic to people who are mentally unstable, and people around them. Mom who threw 2 kids onto LA freeway, killing her infant, appeared agitated by impending eclipse...
  12. Sharon Hill

The Nineveh claim was false. The religious groups were (SURPRISE) greatly misinformed. An eclipse occurred and nothing happened.
  13. Sharon Hill

Strange Falls & Rains Of Objects & Substances

Thanks for posting the text. I refuse to click on IFLScience. Trash site.
  14. Sharon Hill

Earthquakes

As someone who used to spend a huge portion of time every day addressing paranormal or strange news stories reported by the media, I observed it go so off the rails by 2017 that I could no longer keep doing it. It was pointless. Even today, it's not possible to take a rational view of these...
  15. Sharon Hill

Research Paper Assistance: Is There A Connection Between Cryptozoology And Human Imagination?

I've submitted a response. I'd bet it's going to be VERY different from any others you get.
  16. Sharon Hill

Animal Falls: Falls Or Rains Of Animals (Frogs, Fish, Etc.)

It is very likely that many incidents reported of fish "rains" are a result of the fish swimming in ditches and even across roadways taking advantage of the deluge to spread to new areas. Native fish swim across flooded Barkly Highway in remote NT after heavy rain, road closures Mr Eclipse...
  17. Sharon Hill

Well I suspect they will certainly do that now but I don't know how feasible it was to retrofit all bridges with bumpers. It was finished in 1977.
  18. Sharon Hill

Earthquakes

I agree! It is ridiculous. A large portion of Americans have lost all sense of reason (if they only had a meagre amount prior to this year). (I'll say no more because it's not just the Eclipse and earthquakes.)
  19. Sharon Hill

It's like there was never an eclipse before. (We had one in the US in 2017 and the world didn't end.)
  20. Sharon Hill

Ley Lines

I did. But I didn't (really) find any. See pics here: https://sharonahill.com/paranormal-vortex-areas/
  21. Sharon Hill

Have added that item to the piece as part of the update. I can hardly keep up with all the stuff bubbling up. I'm going to have to quit trying just for my own sanity.
  22. Sharon Hill

:headbang: I'm editing this webpage right now to add more to it because the BS is growing to epic proportions. Eclipse Anxiety 2024 Amidst misinformation surrounding the April 8 solar eclipse, many in the US succumb to unfounded fears. While eclipses are natural, predictable phenomena, rumors...
  23. Sharon Hill

Earthquakes

Oh my dog, the people of the East Coast on social media are insufferable today. So many "suddenly seismologists". I, unfortunately, did not feel the first quake but my kid in Deleware, my Dad in Northeastern PA, and many friends up and down the Atlantic coastal plain did. My cousin in New...
  24. Sharon Hill

Contrails & Chemtrails

April 1. Appropriate. This is unenforceable.
  25. Sharon Hill

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I had a dream of a giant flying trilobite (about a foot long, so not a real monster). It was scary and amazing. I was attempting to search for on the internet (as if it was a real, known creature, which it obviously was NOT, but I'm pretty stupid in my dreams). A series of sirens going down my...
  26. Sharon Hill

Ley Lines

I did not hate that Ghostbusters reboot. I do hate the more recent ones.
  27. Sharon Hill

Hollywood's Pointless Remakes, Reboots, Prequels & Sequels

There is a Beetlejuice sequel coming out with some key people from the original cast. I'm excited but I hope it doesn't end up on this list.
  28. Sharon Hill

Ley Lines

Strange ideas like that pass in and out of fashion. Leys are slightly more popular since around 2010 in the US. Then there was "Ghostbusters 2016". There is a lot on "vortex" areas in the US too. Considering that leys were at first a very British thing, they aren't out of fashion yet...
  29. Sharon Hill

Oak Island Money Pit

A glacial term. They are all over northern US and Canada. :yeahthat: He is a geological disgrace. Boob, indeed.
  30. Sharon Hill

The Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film

PLENTY of so-called "True Forteans" (a nonsense term) have expressed reasonable skepticism about some reports, even Fort himself (though not enough, IMO). You'll have a very hard time defining a person as "Fortean". The reason why the PGF is still being discussed decades later is that people...
  31. Sharon Hill

Collapsing Terrain: Landslides / Landslips / Rockfalls / Etc.

Typical Sunday along Highway 1 in California, something happened to the road. Motorists creep along 1 lane after part of California’s iconic Highway 1 collapses Motorists crept along one lane of a scenic stretch of California’s iconic Highway 1 on Monday after a giant chunk of it collapsed...
  32. Sharon Hill

The Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film

Careful... don't tread into the "No True Fortean" fallacy. Everyone on here has differing belief/opinion levels on different topics. https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/what-is-fortean.65416/
  33. Sharon Hill

'Havana Syndrome': Diplomatic Staff Malaise In Cuba & China—A Sonic Or Microwave Weapon?

5-year Havana Syndrome investigation finds new evidence of who might be responsible https://www.cbsnews.com/news/5-year-havana-syndrome-investigation-finds-new-evidence-of-who-might-be-responsible-60-minutes/ All this sounds much like the UAP situation. A lot of hearsay, no impressive new evidence.
  34. Sharon Hill

SOMEONE will report this, for sure. And you can guess where.
  35. Sharon Hill

More on the immediate troubles with this news event. The Amateur Bridge Engineers Have Logged On In Baltimore, we have a mix of official information, verifiable information obtained via reporting, random speculation from well-meaning experts, random speculation from well-meaning amateurs...
  36. Sharon Hill

You're absolutely right.
  37. Sharon Hill

They did drop the anchor which (from knowledgeable commentators) is not under the electrical control. It's also possible the black smoke was a result of the severe actions taken to stop. The power seemed to be going on and off, going by the lighting.
  38. Sharon Hill

The ship had been in dock and experiencing electrical problems. So, the idea that it was hacked is not supported. They also have the ship's data recorder that will provide more specific info. There are also people saying it was caused by a controlled demolition of the pier, which is nonsense...
  39. Sharon Hill

Conspiracy ideas make me retch. People are so warped by lack of critical thinking these days. More on the heroism and a system that worked fairly well: The ship radioed a mayday call that was immediately transmitted to the highway (Beltway) police. Within 4 minutes, it appears, in response to...
  40. Sharon Hill

I'm watching the local news on this (I'm only about a 2 hr drive from the location). It's been good to see a huge bipartisan governmental team effort. The governor of Maryland has mentioned there has been an outpouring of public and private support as well. I'd add that we've had two...
  41. Sharon Hill

It wasn't necessarily computer navigation but the power that went out on the ship. Let's wait to see what the investigation shows before speculating further.
  42. Sharon Hill

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

What Google University? Science via YouTube? I'll stick to getting my info from worldwide scientific consensus instead.
  43. Sharon Hill

No I didn't watch the video. Have you read the climate change reports? Here is the WHO on climate change and health. This is not a UK problem, it's a global problem https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/climate-change-and-health Climate change presents a fundamental threat to human...
  44. Sharon Hill

I started to. But I value my time. If I went down every rabbit hole of unconventional ideas I'd not have a useful life (or a sound mind). Science is not done by documentaries.
  45. Sharon Hill

The scientific method is not a step-by-step process. No one is censoring views. Obviously, you are telling me how much of these ideas are out there. Part of scientific norms is critique. A bad argument is (probably) going to eventually fail.
  46. Sharon Hill

Says who? A small contingent of people who have opinions. So what? If you say something that is unsupported by evidence, yeah, that's not good for your career. It sometimes takes a long time for a paradigm to be overturned. But having a good argument makes that effort go faster. I'm not...
  47. Sharon Hill

So, you don't understand what models are either? The cause isn't in question. It's a rise in greenhouse gases. Full stop. That creates other effects. Sorry but you're just not adding to your credibility here by saying you don't understand it, but you understand it IS this reason... Makes no sense.
  48. Sharon Hill

I'm not following. How will food instability, loss of water resources, mass migration, higher rates and spread of tropical diseases, and more extreme weather events lead to fewer people dying? Edit: I would add that air pollution from burning fossil fuels is already a major source of health...
  49. Sharon Hill

That Annoying HUM!

Fascinating ideas in here.
  50. Sharon Hill

Regarding the "ice age" issue: Do you REALLY THINK that scientists who have been studying climate models for decades haven't thought of that and worked that into models? That is not a valid excuse to ignore the unprecedented rates of warming.
Back