• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Sharon Hill

Undersung Life Of Anna Fort

New article on Anna Fort and dismissing women’s intellect. Dreiser commented that Charles had said sometimes “that he thought his whole life was wasted. I told him that was ridiculous.” Anna did not reply. Her real feelings, too, exist somewhere outside of what has been recorded, in the realm...
  2. Sharon Hill

Mystery Carcasses That Make The News: Internet Is Clueless

A thread for decomposing animal carcasses that make the news because people think they are mysterious creatures It's a common thing for people to post their pictures of odd remains to social media. Sometimes these get picked up by news outlets because curious people love to click on stories...
  3. Sharon Hill

Fortean Content On The Web

It would be great to have a thread about sources of Fortean materials and history available on the web. I'll start with a source that may be inexhaustible reading for anyone's lifetime: Isaac Koi's Archives for the Unexplained Includes topics mainly on UFOs but also lots of publications on...
  4. Sharon Hill

Fortean Social Media

Mastodon accounts With the Twitter dumpster fire in full bonfire mode, some of us have moved to the Mastodon platform on the Fediverse. Gordon is there, Andy is there, Stu is there, I'm there. Several more. There are LOTS of artists and gamers. There is also a quickly expanding community of...
  5. Sharon Hill

Cryptidcore Aesthetic

I've mentioned cryptidcore on other threads but today I came across a new article that I think is worth discussing. I'd love to hear some views on it. Cryptidcore and the joy of discovering mythical creatures in the wild, explained...
  6. Sharon Hill

Pango Books (US) For Selling Your Stuff

I've started up a shop on the Pango Books app to sell my used books (though some are basically new, never read). Seems like a fair way to sell your own stuff direct to others with the same interests. It's currently really heavy on fiction where all mine are nonfiction, science and strange stuff...
  7. Sharon Hill

Ice Worms

The Mysterious Return Of Glacier Ice Worms Small black flecks suddenly appear on the previously blank expanse of white. The glacier's surface quickly transforms as more and more tiny black creatures emerge. The ice worms have returned, snaking in between ice crystals and shimmering in the sun...
  8. Sharon Hill

Clubhouse Social Media App

This is a new app that allows you to join or start "rooms" for audio discussion. You can follow people and topic clubs. It's hard to get anyone in your rooms unless you have a club, are part of a club that lets you start a room, or you have a ton of people on the app that you can get to show up...
  9. Sharon Hill

Fortean Holocaust Deniers

Who among Forteans were/are clearly Holocaust deniers? It seems that a community with a tendency towards anti-science and contrarianism would produce some figures with appallingly unethical positions. I'm wondering how common this is and would like to know more. For example, Jim Brandon/...
  10. Sharon Hill

Nashville Bomber & Destructive Conspiracy Ideas

Well, this is awful. Not many national news sites (yet) but local and tabloids are reporting that suicide bomber Anthony Warner may have targeted the AT&T building in downtown Nashville because of paranoia about 5G technology...
  11. Sharon Hill

INFO Journal #68

Does anyone have access to INFO journal #68 who can scan the article on Ringing Rocks for me?
  12. Sharon Hill

The Anomaly: An Unusual Seismic Signal

It all started when a wave swept across Oklahoma on June 24, just before 11:11 a.m. local time. It buzzed one seismometer after another, seeming to ping-pong hundreds of miles across the state. This wave didn’t just breeze by—it pulsed like a geologic heartbeat for about 10 minutes. “Well...
  13. Sharon Hill

University of Colorado UFO Project (Condon Committee / Report)

NOTE: This inaugural post was spun off / copied from: The UFO Community Still Believes —And Science Is Starting To Listen https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-ufo-community-still-believes—and-science-is-starting-to-listen.65601/ --------------------- Yeah, we could.* Scientists...
  14. Sharon Hill

Earthlights / Earth Lights

There seems to be no thread devoted to earthlights (or "earth lights") of the terrestrial kind, popularized by Paul Devereux in FT. I contacted Paul and the last he wrote anything about the topic was 2010. There are some various mentions on here about will o' the wisp, UFO-related lights, some...
  15. Sharon Hill

Back Issues Available: U.S. 2003-2011, 2015

Here are the duplicates I have available. 2003: 167, 170 2005: 190, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 201 2006: 205, 208, 214, 215, 216 2007: 218, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 227, 228, 229 2008: 230, 231, 233, 235, 236, 237 2009: 243, 244, 246, 247, 248, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255...
  16. Sharon Hill

Fulshear Fish Fall

Back on January 16, there was a reported fish fall during a snow and sleet event outside of Houston, Tx. The weather event was weird, but not that weird, until one suburban neighborhood reported fish with the ice pellets. Only ONE news outlet covered the story. But Paul Cropper and I discussed...
  17. Sharon Hill

Lights over the arch in St. Louis

The video clearly shows some slow moving balls of light. Another video also confirmed the lights. http://fox59.com/2016/08/04/what-is-that-strange-light-spotted-above-gateway-arch-in-st-louis/ video by Malcolm W Martin Memorial Park According to Weather Underground, around 2am, there were...
Back