• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Mungoman

Health Urban Myths

No hunck...cousins did, mates did - my marble didn't drop. We got a lot of R&R grunts down here though. An interesting fact hunck: Me and a mate did a bit of dealing in our youth and we'd buy these sticks. They came in compressed blocks of 40 or so and we'd steam the blocks to decompress...
  2. Mungoman

Health Urban Myths

Hiya Agprov. North Staffordshire Mum here, and she was always rattling on as a young'n about KYBO (keeping your bowels open). When ever we'd be away, staying at rello's places, the last instruction was always...'and remember! K.Y.B.O' (spelt out) If Mum noticed that we weren't regular we'd...
  3. Mungoman

Health Urban Myths

Down here in this great Southern Land, I buy Remano brand, which is Spanish in origin at AU$28 for 4 litres - extra virgin. Usually from Woolworths.
  4. Mungoman

Health Urban Myths

We'd buy opiated thai sticks during the 'Offensive' in Vietnam - it was a good idea to not eat before indulging.
  5. Mungoman

OOPArts: Out Of Place Artefacts & Archaeological Erratics

Why am I hearing 'Rikki don't lose that number' all of a sudden..?
  6. Mungoman

OOPArts: Out Of Place Artefacts & Archaeological Erratics

Why has it got three legs...and in that arrangement?
  7. Mungoman

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

To me, the point is that temperature increase is not attributable to CO2 - it is the other way around...and always has been. Due to an ending/reduction of the Cenozoic Ice Age, Increase in temperature is inevitable and so also, is the increase in CO2, so drop the taxes and the guilt trips. We...
  8. Mungoman

To be honest Ross, my education was lacking (it still is) when it comes to climate change - I havre a vague understooding of the science that surrounds this topic, energy altering when in a specific atmosphere...but. The awareness that we are still in an ice age didn't enter my equation. That...
  9. Mungoman

What struck me rigid, and explained it all quite simply was that we are still in an ice age - a recognised by science - Ice Age, so we can expect temperatures to rise (please excuse my ignorance) Why don't they start all conversations about climate change with that.
  10. Mungoman

My take. So its going to get hotter than what we're tooled up for...and the oceans will warm up producing more volatility in climate...flora will alter, and fauna will need to get smaller for easier heat dissipation as we progress out of the Cenezoic ice age. So we don't need to stop pumping...
  11. Mungoman

Human Population Growth & Overpopulation

It's a first world problem only: https://www.statista.com/statistics/262884/countries-with-the-highest-fertility-rates/
  12. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

An idle question Brownmane...do you have plans to visit your place of birth?
  13. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

Happy Birthday for yesterday W.M., and all the best for the coming year..you young bugger you.:wink2:
  14. Mungoman

Weird Personal Names

NNOOOOOO!!!
  15. Mungoman

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

Bloody well done A.D.H.D!!
  16. Mungoman

The Abolition Of Cash

I reckon that young Fella will go far Iris.
  17. Mungoman

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

Personally, I walk 3 kilometres every morning, I'm very considerate of salt intake, fat intake, and sugar (don't have any sugar) and yet portion size is the one that tends to 'consolidate' on me. I eat two meals a day with some cheese, nuts, or fruit around about one...but come Christmas, I...
  18. Mungoman

Animism

Language is so limiting, isn't it Skinny... You're right - animism in its various forms has been chugging along as an undercurrent to the extremes of contemporary invention quite nicely. And it seems to me to be obvious what it is and how it fits...which got me thinking of genesis (Yeah...I...
  19. Mungoman

Lucier Ancient Mystery School

Who is they..?
  20. Mungoman

Animism

Is animism just Old, old knowledge of the awareness of inherent energy in all things? Science from a distant and past age? There is the idea that a full moon is beneficial to plant life. We know now, that it is the fact that a three day period either side of the full moon is awash with partial...
  21. Mungoman

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

I go by the food value of 100 grammes of the Unit. It gives me a better idea of what I'm eating.
  22. Mungoman

Animism

I've got a four hour drive today - food for thought Skinny - thanks mate.
  23. Mungoman

Animism

I think that ALL life - even the lichen on our rocks, the bacteria under our nails and in our G.I.T. - are all the essential ingredients in the pudding called Earth (veering ever so close to the idea of Giai here).
  24. Mungoman

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

Same here in Australia M.O.
  25. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

I don't know - Lamarckism is an acquired trait of a life time whereas this is a sudden impact, that creates an echo in our young'ns - Maybe it's the same thing, maybe it's not. A debatable point?
  26. Mungoman

The 'Obesity Epidemic'

Interesting...When I was 18, I was 5'7, and weighed 11.7 stone, or 161 pounds - I was a ball of muscle after doing farmwork for three or four years. According to this chart I was overweight, or 'not' healthy. I would imagine that this chart is for Ectomorphs, and not Endomorphs. So lets sort...
  27. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

Now that is spooky Stormkahn. My Dad pierced my Mums ears when She was carrying my sister. At full term, Sister was delivered with a freckle on each lobe exactly where He made the punctures... Maybe this deserves it's own thread..? It reminds me of 'My Mum got scared by a monkey when she was...
  28. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

Ditto...I wonder if I was as Naive as present day kids when I was 25? I think that I possibly could've been...but I also had a pocketful of Hope back then - nowadays, with those in Power, there's fuck-all of that about. Poor little sods...
  29. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

And Long may it continue Swifty!
  30. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

There was only one thing I hated more than Hay getting Brownmane, and that was chaff cutting...Oh, and one other thing comes to mind. Going for a swim in the irrigation canals and getting chased out out of the water by eastern browns.
  31. Mungoman

The JFK Assassination-Parallel Universe Affect

This is the suspected rifle and the unfortunate Secret Service Agent.
  32. Mungoman

Ageing & Growing Old

I'm 70 C.B., take 3 medications and need half an hour to get up to speed straight out of bed. It's me back, see...as a young'n it was no problem to throw cwt bags of grain up onto my shoulders, or lift and carry a final drive to the tractor that I was assembling, rather than wait for the OH...
  33. Mungoman

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Mine is Trainspotting Swifty. In consequence of that Fillum, it introduced me to some cracking music.
  34. Mungoman

Would you believe it!
  35. Mungoman

Researchers suspect that bacteria present in gum disease can travel throughout the body, triggering inflammation in the heart’s vessels and infection in heart valves https://www.pennmedicine.org/updates/blogs/heart-and-vascular-blog/2019/march/gum-disease-and-heart-disease So instead of slowly...
  36. Mungoman

Not As Environmentally Friendly As Promised

The response was, 'Why don't we bury it in the Australian outback - after all, most yellowcake comes from Australia...'
  37. Mungoman

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

As long as people build within a known habitat, this sort of thing will happen - You place your bets and you takes your chaNCES. Killing something should be the last act of control I reckon.
  38. Mungoman

It's not nuclear.. I doubt very much that there is an embargo on not bombing power plants to bring a country to its knees. It is a very comprehensive threat.
  39. Mungoman

Ditto...No handbrake sounds a bit daft to me Mr F - I always knew the hand brake as the 'Emergency Brake'. I wonder how they got that passed by the necessary board of Engineers..?
  40. Mungoman

Maybe encourage the use of solar roofing tiles? https://onestepoffthegrid.com.au/volt-from-the-blue-as-australian-solar-tiles-take-on-tesla-and-the-world/
  41. Mungoman

I'm all for any kind of renewable energy source - to be perfectly candid, In a nation run by Capitalism, this response doesn't surprise me.
  42. Mungoman

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

Yes. Occasionally we'll see things like a Yowie, or Min Min lights, or feel the presence of some unexplainable awareness. It's a shared reality, and I don't think that it's confined only to Australia personally. Your opinion though, may vary to mine Kamalktk: ( To put it simply, there's some...
  43. Mungoman

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Yes.
  44. Mungoman

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

The Old Ones here reckon that these 'anomalies' are inhabitants of the Dreaming, and that they can segue into our reality quite easily. The same can happen to us. It makes sense to me.
  45. Mungoman

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

As a young'n, I was drenching cattle on my parents place and one of them threw it's head just as I triggered the dose. The result was drench all over the inside of my forearm. I continued on drenching the other cattle, returning them to a new paddock and then went to lunch. Through lunch I...
  46. Mungoman

I agree completely.
  47. Mungoman

Interesting Floyd, that shakshouka is how i do my chops - both forequarter and loin - without the eggs...and nice and slow. The spices are very similar too.
  48. Mungoman

Indeed young Lady! I shall chill the Reisling..?
Back