• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Amoradala

Preconditions For The Use Of Magic

Perhaps there is a super sensory unknown gear in the creative process of a proven genius’ like King - that appears (to them) to be outside of even their highest abilities and transcends (and is therefore unknowable to us )the more easily rationalised experience of us mortals. Perhaps muse is a...
  2. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

I watched a video of talk he did at Liberty University a few days ago that featured the incident in the clip below. A distressed student rushed past security and onto the stage to get to JP. I think JP’s reaction to the incident both during and after (@ 5.50 ) give a measure of him not always...
  3. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Jeeez ! A very beautiful and highly intelligent woman - but that was hard work to follow ! Great video and great points though. Again though like the moustache man before - a criticism of Jordan’s Lobster reference based on the Cathy Newman interview. The chapter of his book simply uses the...
  4. Amoradala

Gaddafi’s ‘Man Made River’

Seems many posters are towing the party line on what the media has told them to think. Perhaps if impartial truthful journalists were allowed to investigate without intimidation and platform their findings there wouldn’t be the cloak of secrecy and confusion causing these angry confused posts...
  5. Amoradala

Well I guess it depends on your definition of magic. Stephen King in his book ‘On Writing’ talks of ‘the Muse’ which (for him) thought forms as a cigar chomping gangster type character that ever presently hovers saying nothing. But when he does - “that’s where the good stuff is” Why do you...
  6. Amoradala

If we define magic as using will and intention to influence an outcome, then following a well crafted business plan to successful realisation could be seen as an act of magic. Creating a piece of art to physical reality from an idea. A piece of music that forms in a musicians head, in a flash...
  7. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Why is that not a hierarchy?
  8. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Bees have a strong hierarchical structure to their colonies. Bears have a strong hierarchical structure through male dominance, territory and mating preference. That is the point Peterson was trying to make. Arguing whether he could have used a different organism as an example, is being...
  9. Amoradala

I appreciate that is probably meant with black humour, but I don’t want to be a bad guy. I don’t want this done in my name by politicians I trusted with my vote. His subjects couldn’t have done it without our military might, and yet unknown motivations.
  10. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Oh ok, thanks for sharing that.
  11. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Very poor criticism. Myers says that “Following Jordan’s logic is the same as saying “ I have a moustache - therefore it’s follows that my great grandfather had a moustache and so does my brother”. That is a bizarre example and poor criticism. Myers then says that (following Jordan’s logic )...
  12. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

So am I. Glad we agree on Jordan’s assertion.
  13. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

You wrote that Lobsters have a dominance hierarchy. That was what Jordan wrote. Why do you think I saw that as an attack ?
  14. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Then you concede ‘enough’ to make his point. Ah ok, I’ll rephrase. It is now it’s frequently used in attempts to cast derision and doubt on his credibility by some who want to silence him, and some who don’t.
  15. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

And just to preempt the next usually asked question . . . Yes of course modern society can rise above base instincts and Jordan writes about within the same chapter of his book. The Lobster reference was a short example just to address the specific accusation above. It is now it’s frequently...
  16. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

His point using Lobsters is that as a common ancestor to all life, they display an innate biological response to hierarchy structures that not only predate apes but predate trees. So rather than hierarchy being a system invented by ‘tyrannical man’ it is an evolutionary construct common to all...
  17. Amoradala

Good find. I can find very little reference to this structure anywhere. Would be interesting to find what parts of the network were damaged and which parts (other than the Tripoli link) were/are repaired. Not much reference to it post 2009. I fully recognise the RAF’s role in the allied...
  18. Amoradala

Giving millions of African’s the ability to irrigate land and grow crops doesn’t sound like a vanity project by a crazed dictator to me. You know, it might have actually worked. We’ll never know, because it was destroyed shortly before it was due to be completed by our allied invasion force...
  19. Amoradala

We were told that Gaddafi was a monster - they didn't tell us about was his self funded infrastructure project called the ‘Man Made River’. It was going to bring water from under the desert to the surface at great financial cost to Gaddafi. It was estimated that this would bring the whole of...
  20. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

21. Amoradala

Far Right Behind The 'Yellow Jacket' Petrol Protests?

They are protesting against Macron. For Macron attempt to ‘crush’ the protests against him it would send a very strong (totalitarian government) message and fuel more unrest. The French people here (amongst many other issues of Government corruption )are tired of rising taxes to pay for...
  22. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

23. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Do you mean having an active interest in the way a democracy in governed ? As I said, wilful ignorance and disinterest in these matters will be encouraged by those who wish to continue a potentially damaging agenda without challenge. How did you infer sarcasm and sneer from what I wrote ? I...
  24. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

So what you’re saying is . . . don’t get involved in in the ‘ridiculous things’ said and done in the name of social engineering (if it doesn’t affect you currently). And let our children deal with the consequences as best they can ? Your apathy and meek acceptance will be applauded by all those...
  25. Amoradala

Windermere Monster Returns

So to defraud insurance companies you just need to lie (as outlandishly as you please), without inconsistencies over time and the retelling ? Eels are scavengers aren’t they ? So they don’t chase or strike at live prey.
  26. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

And what if people deliberately misquote and misrepresent your words for their own malicious agenda. (which ironically is exactly what is happening to Jordan Peterson over this very issue.) This thread illustrates a microcosm of the soundbite influenced society currently driven by social...
  27. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Sexist !
  28. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

I won’t discriminate.
  29. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

How do you feel about men identifying as female and participating in Female sporting events ? ( not hypothetical )
  30. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

He didn't say that - he said he wouldn't be compelled BY LAW. It was this that he refused to do on principle. That is a huge difference that his detractors miss. The canadian government were tending the idea of making it a criminal offence to not use the 'gender pronouns' prefered by the...
  31. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

In what way did he correct me ?
  32. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Actually it was a quote from INT21’s post above your last post. You are still giving opinions on something you acknowledge you have no knowledge of. ‘Know your limitations’ is something you might consider here.
  33. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

“But not everyone is prepared to face their own limitations honestly.” With all due respect dr wu - maybe you should read his first.
  34. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Yeah, i guess the photo was taken when each from a queue of lecture attendees each have three seconds to stand next to him for a photo opportunity. Peterson may not have read the shirt before the pose. Then again, why would Jordan or his assistants refuse to pose with or censor someone who is...
  35. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

This photo below was used in the twitter feed linked to the Cambridge announcement of the rescinded residency. It is being used now by Cambridge students to prove Peterson’s right wing leanings. In 2017 the website 4chan asked its readers to pose with celebrities holding a picture of a cartoon...
  36. Amoradala

Hypogeum Of Hal Saflienti (Malta): MIA Kids Tale; Elongated Skulls, etc.

By happy synchronicity. This Paracas skull examination video was streamed earlier tonight.
  37. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Maybe he’s a covert Nazi that gets away with it by not saying anything or leaving any evidence that would suggest he is. Cunning ! The Cambridge students used this very line of thinking to get his residency rescinded.
  38. Amoradala

Relax To See Ghosts?!

I've noticed when watching various American 'Paranormal Ghost Hunting' programs, some episodes are set at 'Haunted House' attractions. Now setting aside my immediate cynicism at the likelihood it's just good advertising for the attraction. And the the investigating team are not faking the...
  39. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

I listen to him often - and some of what he says about family differs/clashes with my own life experience. I don’t agree with everything. But I won’t criticise him for having a different experience and opinion to mine. He draws from his own life experience and countless clients he’s listened to...
  40. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

And in the article, the BBC writes “The author has previously caused offence by refusing to use gender-neutral pronouns and in 2016 released a video lecture series questioning political correctness.” This isn’t true. Even the BBC are content to continue the misinformation and misrepresentation.
  41. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Most of the criticism of him comes from people who have not read or heard him speak. They trot out the same misquotes and misrepresentations they hear from each other. The interview on the previous page here is a classic example of him constantly having to correct the ‘interviewer’ from her own...
  42. Amoradala

Jordan Peterson

Ridiculously bad decision to stop Jordan Peterson giving a biblical lecture at Cambridge University, based purely on social media smear campaigns and downright ignorance of his work. “Cambridge University has rescinded its invitation of a visiting fellowship to an academic whose views on gender...
  43. Amoradala

Hypogeum Of Hal Saflienti (Malta): MIA Kids Tale; Elongated Skulls, etc.

Except that - as the article in your link states the ‘cranial knitting lines’ are different to homo sapian. This alone would suggest a major genetic anomaly. And infant head binding deforms the shape of the skull - in cannot add mass to the skull and create extra length. The article is...
  44. Amoradala

Graham Hancock (General / Compendium Thread On His Work)

And as for the comments. Hancock posits NEW theory to possibly explain NEWLY discovered ‘anomalous’ archeology. Academic commenter acts incredulous and points to stack of books and papers they read 30 years ago to get PHD “Well there’s nothing about that in those so it can’t possibly be...
  45. Amoradala

JC hasn’t read the book yet has he. Hancock : In the turmoil, an advanced civilization, hitherto the stuff of myth and legend, was lost to history … until now.” JC: There is no evidence that this civilization ever existed. No buildings, objects, or graves associated with it have ever been...
  46. Amoradala

But were we to accept the evidence at face value, it still doesn’t provide evidence of anatomically modern humans in the Americas (or Denisovans, for that matter) but rather for some species that used tools. While human species are the only ones known to have done so, the presence of tools...
  47. Amoradala

Richard O'Sullivan

Great to see Richard looking so well. It prompted me to look up the latest on Terry Jones (Monty Python) He seems he was doing ok as of September. His last awards acceptance speech was both wonderful and heartbreaking...
  48. Amoradala

Witches (General; Compendium)

Europe Roman invasions ‘Witches’ or whatever the terminology and language they used for their concept of ‘witch’ (I have outlined ) at that time. There is no “evidential evidence” that survived. Christian based education. Not talking about individuals - only established axioms. Yes there are...
  49. Amoradala

Well I’m hardly going to find criticism of the church’s biased perspective in puplications that set out to confirm it.
  50. Amoradala

what evidence would you accept and from what sources ? Current academic papers ?
Back