• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Jepra Peld

A Penny For Your Thoughts: Strange Change

I found one of my old primary school maths books recently and this was the first page, showing the coins in usage at the time. It's something of an unintentional period piece. I have a, possibly false, memory of when the sixpence stopped being legal tender in 1980 and either my dad or older...
  2. Jepra Peld

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

That does make sense.
  3. Jepra Peld

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Interesting it should mention longitude, as I am absolutely certain it has always been spelled 'longditude.'
  4. Jepra Peld

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I don't remember all the details, it involved intentionally jogging past one of the local murder houses (while trying not to make in obvious). The strange thing however is that my dream had a 'next time' trailer at the end of it. I will keep you posted if I do dream what was in the trailer.
  5. Jepra Peld

I dreamt I was in a big dining hall of a probably once grand but seen better days hotel. I was given some horrible yellow gloop to eat and told if I wanted to have something nice I had to unlock all these puzzles.
  6. Jepra Peld

I dreamt I was walking along the coast and a small swarm of bees kept buzzing round my hand, the people walking with me kept trying to swat them away but I said 'don't anger them.' I don't remember how it ended but coincidentally when I turned the calendar over this morning, the photo was of a bee.
  7. Jepra Peld

I am dreaming about him a lot at the moment. Last night I dreamt he had been made a Sir and his wedding was in all the papers.
  8. Jepra Peld

The Only Ghost Photo I Ever Found Convincing. What Do You Think?

That's what I think too. The table is smaller than it first appears, there is easily enough space for a person to be behind the table but in front of the other guests. I do wonder why no-one in the photo has come forward to say this, but perhaps a lot of alcohol was drunk and they don't remember.
  9. Jepra Peld

I have always thought that, probably why it's the only ghost photo to genuinely frighten me. Real or not I am glad to see this photo being discussed as it's one I have always found intriguing.
  10. Jepra Peld

I remember seeing this on Schofield's Quest too and it scared me in a way that no other ghost photo has before or since. Looking at it again I am less convinced it's real. The table is narrower than it first appears and think the ghost is just a real person crouched behind the table. Notice how...
  11. Jepra Peld

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

I only really discovered Horrible Histories during lockdown after having enjoyed Ghosts. I get a few of their songs stuck in my head from time to time.
  12. Jepra Peld

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

We have a new colleague called Mathilda so this been stuck in my head all week.
  13. Jepra Peld

Given Time Travel, Where & When Would You Want To Travel?

I'd go to Mauritius pre human settlement to see the dodo and all the other since extinct species which resided there, or America pre the 1870s to witness the migration of the passenger pigeons.
  14. Jepra Peld

I dreamt my ex-boyfriend had been turned into a dog and I had to look after him.
  15. Jepra Peld

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

When I was very young I named my nan's snake shaped draft excluder 'soppy ippy'. They were from then on known as soppy ippies in our house. Not having remembered naming it that I genuinely thought that was the proper name for them until I was in secondary school.
  16. Jepra Peld

Speech & Conversation In Dreams

I woke up the other morning shouting 'squirrel'. I had been dreaming about German spies.
  17. Jepra Peld

Misperceptions

I woke up this morning to giant fingers at the top of my duvet and I thought I was about to be plucked up. I was very relieved when I realised that my duvet cover, which is pink fleshy colour, had somehow got folded in such a way it resembled a large hand.
  18. Jepra Peld

How Many Forteans Are Interested In True Crime?

I went through a phase of being interested in it when I was about 19 or 20, but not really now. I am still interested in cases like The Isdal Woman and other unidentified does, but not things like serial killers or organised crime etc. The Silent Twins also fascinated me and they do fall under...
  19. Jepra Peld

Personal Superstitions

Thanks. I wonder where I have got it from then? I remember a friend telling me she ripped up a picture of Bucks Fizz not long before they had that coach crash, but I had the superstition before that.
  20. Jepra Peld

Personal Superstitions

I am not if this is a personal one or not, but have always had the superstition that it is bad luck to rip up/destroy photographs of living people. I mentioned to my mum when I last visited her and she had never heard of it.
  21. Jepra Peld

What Colour Is A Tennis Ball?

It's glass in Manx. There is also geayney which is for artificial green. I voted for yellow (bwee in Manx)
  22. Jepra Peld

People You Thought Were Dead

Just saw on Facebook that Roy North of Basil Brush fame is 82 which surprised me as I thought he had died some time ago. Adam Hart Davis is another I thought had left us. I was certain I read his obituary on the BBC website.
  23. Jepra Peld

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

That has just been mentioned in another forum I frequent. I didn't mind that one too much ,but the World in Action theme was quite scary. I still find Vitruvian Man rather unsettling and it must be due to association with that theme.
  24. Jepra Peld

Farewell To Enola Gaia

I have only just seen this awful news. R.I.P Enola, you are and will be greatly missed.
  25. Jepra Peld

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

My brother used to tell me it was the angels playing marbles. I knew it wasn't true but liked the image.
  26. Jepra Peld

I dreamt I was in London with a colleague. It was dark and rainy and we were waiting for a bus. I wasn't sure which bus to look out for and was relying on him, but he kept wandering off because he was sad. I think I probably do rely on him a bit too much at work as he is one of those rare...
  27. Jepra Peld

Some time in around 2010 or 2011, I am watching Frenzy with a friend. 'Isn't it a shame Jon Finch died so young' I say several times throughout the film as I was convinced he died in his 40s. I get home and check to see when and how he died only to discover he was still alive. Fast forward to...
  28. Jepra Peld

'Murder Houses': How Does Violence Impact Sale Prices?

Dinham Villa in Rainhill (my home town) where Frederick Bailey Deeming murdered his wife and 5 children was demolished shortly after their bodies were found there in 1892.
  29. Jepra Peld

William Friedkin, director of, among other things, The Excorcist. I thought he had died a few years ago, but it seems I was confusing him for Wiliam Peter Blatty. On the other side of the coin, Tom Clancy's death 9 years ago completely passed me by.
  30. Jepra Peld

Pictures & Stories That Could Be Ghosts But Aren’t

I was on the bus last week, there two elderly women behind me. We stopped outside a bungalow for a while. One of the women says to the other, pointing at the bungalow 'That's where my friend Elsie died. Sometimes you can see her ghost out the back window.' The other lady then points out that...
  31. Jepra Peld

Weird Personal Names

I have a customer called Earnest Chicken and it makes me laugh every time I see it.
  32. Jepra Peld

Reading In Dreams

I always used to be able to read in dreams until I read somewhere, possibly here, that you are not supposed to be able to and now when I see text in dreams it is all blurred with just the odd letter being visible.
  33. Jepra Peld

Pictures & Stories That Could Be Ghosts But Aren’t

I did a double take there, not because of the ghost, but because the man, your dad I take it, looks remarkably like my dad. I can tell it is not looking more closely but for a moment there I was quite befuddled.
  34. Jepra Peld

Phone Weirdness

I guess Facebook would know how old I am and hear their adverts towards that. It was just a bit odd that it should mention joint pain specifically rather then any other menopause symptons.
  35. Jepra Peld

Phone Weirdness

This happened to me recently. I am 45 and have just started experiencing joint pains for the first time in my life. I haven't discussed it with anyone, but have wondered to myself if it might be menopause related. On Facebook the other day what do I see but an article about joint pain can be...
  36. Jepra Peld

Dog Walker From The Future?

Maybe he thought the OP was up to no good and was just humouring him by answering 'yes' when questioned fine meant such and such a road.
  37. Jepra Peld

Disappointingly when I eventually saw it again it wasn't how I had remembered it and wasn't very scary.
  38. Jepra Peld

Inside No. 9

He was brilliant, wasn't he? I really enjoyed this one.
  39. Jepra Peld

Top 50 Fortean Locations

Good idea.
  40. Jepra Peld

Top 50 Fortean Locations

Dalby, Isle of Man and you can take in Peel Castle too.
  41. Jepra Peld

Inside No. 9

Oops. Really sorry about that.
  42. Jepra Peld

Inside No. 9

I agree. It was good, but not tier. It's always nice to see Annette Badland though.
  43. Jepra Peld

Out Of Place Crumpet

I agree. A gull once dropped a bagel on my head, so it definitely doesn't seem far fetched that this was a bird drop.
  44. Jepra Peld

It just shows you how the memory plays tricks. I was at my mum's in October and we went through some old photos and this was among them and it's nothing like how I remember it. It does show a man leaning over the side of the ferry, but he just seems to be looking at the sea. He doesn't have a...
  45. Jepra Peld

Bizarrely, Hancock's first wife, Cicely Romanis, did die from a fall shortly after Tony died, which sort of brings us full circle.
  46. Jepra Peld

Defenestration (Thrown Out A Window / Off A Height): Miscellaneous

Al Mulock did. I don't think that's who I was thinking of, but they did did the same year so maybe.
  47. Jepra Peld

Interesting. I knew he had died by suicide, but thought he jumped from a hotel window. I am curious now as to why I thought that, or who I was thinking of.
  48. Jepra Peld

Personal Superstitions

Sorry for quoting myself but I got a notification that this had been liked, and weirdly I did see a dead bird on the way to work today.
  49. Jepra Peld

Post Your Puzzling Dreams Here

Very similar, but it also had a wig on.
  50. Jepra Peld

Post Your Puzzling Dreams Here

I had this one last month when I was on holiday. I am in the hotel room when I see a crab scuttling about. I am wondering what to do about it, when it dons wig and tuxedo and gets out a violin and stars playing it.
Back